News Round Up 2020

Iger reportedly out Dec. 2021 and considering political aspirations.
Regardless of how people feel about him, his impact on the company has been significant. It’ll be interesting to see what changes once he’s gone. I’d love to see major changes made organizationally.

Regardless of how people feel about him, his impact on the company has been significant. It’ll be interesting to see what changes once he’s gone. I’d love to see major changes made organizationally.
Curious as to what you’d like to see. They’ve made a lot of organizational changes the last couple years.

Why is Dec. 2021 news? Thought that was the announced plan all along.

Right? This has been known since February when the transition was announced, and even before then from other reports. Even the political aspirations aren’t new. I still think he’s going to run in 2024 and is just playing it coy because he wants a position in Biden’s administration

Right? This has been known since February when the transition was announced, and even before then from other reports. Even the political aspirations aren’t new. I still think he’s going to run in 2024 and is just playing it coy because he wants a position in Biden’s administration

yeah, there really wasn't anything big here - everything was either known or easily surmised.

Curious as to what you’d like to see. They’ve made a lot of organizational changes the last couple years.
They certainly have, and some quite good ones, especially in regards to the media side, particularly streaming.

To keep it simple, I’d like to see a shifting of the “synergy” across divisions. In some places it’s lacking, and in others it’s far too restrictive. Basically more WDI and ILM, and a bit less merchandise driven focus. And a whole lot of leadership shifting. And a bit more independence for parks.

I was excited when people reported that the Disney Happy Meal toys were back. Well guess what? Our McDonald's still does not have them and they don't know when they will have them. Poor DS doesn't think he will ever get one. 😡

Yep, this is how a CNBC put it in an article from Feb. 2020:

Bob Chapek, who most recently was chairman of Disney parks, will become the CEO. Iger will remain as executive chairman through 2021, focusing on the creative strategy of the company.

To me that means Dec. 2021.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter