News Round Up 2020

Agreed. I can understand the POV of those who don’t like the “fake” elements, but those elements are intended for new visitors, or people that visit infrequently. People generally only notice these things when they’re exposed to them repeatedly. It’s an interesting thing to the newcomer, and really doesn’t detract from the experience for the frequent visitor.

If you want to just focus on the animals only, you’re free to do that. But expecting all of the elements of a Safari ride through a 100% manufactured theme park to be authentic is a bit silly, IMO.
I think people are taking this way out of proportion. The safari is still one of my top 5 rides in all of WDW (with The Land, Peoplemover, FoP, and Peter Pan). I’m just saying what would make it even better for me. Not for everyone, and I completely understand why those aspects are there. Just as someone that rides this ride probably 12-15 times a year, it can get a little tedious.

Jumping in on the safari conversation. I get some people get annoyed with the repetitive nature of the commentary, however if that applies to you I always suggest riding at the end of the day when the line is short. Every single time I have done that CMs have been more than willing to drop the script and answer questions about safari when we have been the only ones on the vehicle. Seems to only happen that way at the end of the day.

I think it’s more because the safari would be such an amazing ride if it just focused on the animals, without the Jungle Cruise-esque spiel like @TheMaxRebo said above. I think it also gets more tired for those of us who have now been on it for years and years (and multiple times a year at that). Toning down the poacher story was a nice touch, but it’s just the same routine each visit that gets a bit old. It’s why I absolutely loved the Wild Africa Trek at AK. Gave you that up close feel with the animals, and told the true story of the termite mounds and baobob tree.

I think you (and others) miss the point of the ride. Disney is not just for adults, it's for kids. Kids get a kick out of seeing Ostrich eggs and termite mounds and Baobob trees and hearing a story of going on a Safari. The Safari would NOT be better without these things for them.

Can't say that I've ever heard of an activist investor asking a company to return LESS money to shareholders.

Anyway he's absolutely right, Disney should cut it's dividend and aggressively invest in it's business so that whenever this is over they come out stronger than ever while their competition is weakened, and they should do that in every business they compete in.

They won't, but they should.

Can't say that I've ever heard of an activist investor asking a company to return LESS money to shareholders.

Anyway he's absolutely right, Disney should cut it's dividend and aggressively invest in it's business so that whenever this is over they come out stronger than ever while their competition is weakened, and they should do that in every business they compete in.

They won't, but they should.
Dan Loeb is right; nobody is invested in DIS for the dividend. This was/is the right move.

They also need to be turning ESPN into a sports betting platform in every context or Divest.

edit: The old "moral" stance TWDC took against gambling is antithetical to profitability in sports. Its a joke. (yes I'm a shareholder....).
(it also looks beyond embarrassing taking a 'moral stance' on anything as DIS in 2020).

Last edited:
Dan Loeb is right; nobody is invested in DIS for the dividend. This was/is the right move.

They also need to be turning ESPN into a sports betting platform in every context or Divest.

edit: The old "moral" stance TWDC took against gambling is antithetical to profitability in sports. Its a joke. (yes I'm a shareholder....).
(it also looks beyond embarrassing taking a 'moral stance' on anything as DIS in 2020).
Fox is going hard into bookmaking in their sports division.

Yikes.

I understand both arguments here, but this is turning ugly pretty quickly.
I think having to layoff people is when it got ugly. I am glad that Disney is willing to fight. Even if Disney’s number one aim with this isn’t to save cast members jobs, getting the CA parks open will save the jobs of thousands of cast members.

Last edited:
I think you (and others) miss the point of the ride. Disney is not just for adults, it's for kids. Kids get a kick out of seeing Ostrich eggs and termite mounds and Baobob trees and hearing a story of going on a Safari. The Safari would NOT be better without these things for them.

True, but I’ve been on many safaris with just adults and the same ol’ script.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter