News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's awesome! Possibly trying to spread the crowd around a bit that day. We have a park reservation for MK on the 1st but also happened to have Epcot for the 2nd. I just switched Sept 30 to Epcot just in case there are any soft openings/previews.

Great idea!!! I hope you get a chance to ride!! It’s going to be such a great time to be in the World. So jealous ☺️ Enjoy it!

That is an interesting date choice. We can assume that MK will be completely packed that day, is this an attempt to draw some crowds to EPCOT?

I was kind of shocked at first - but thought the same way as you.

Anyone want to give a guess at the Wait Time for opening day? 😬

It's not a new ride system since its the same that's been at DLP for years. If they have bugs to work out there's a bigger problem.

They also use very similar systems at Pooh's Hunny Hunt in Tokyo and Mystic Manor in Hong Kong. Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters in California Adventure is based on the same system too, though much less ornate.

October 1? Lol. The leadership in this company is non existent. The magic is dead kids.

The magic is dead because they’re delaying a ride opening during a pandemic?

I disagree with Chapek on a lot (A LOT) but I honestly think it’s a very good idea to save it for the 50th, when vaccination is more widespread, there’s potentially more semblance of “normal” anyway. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Thousands of people won’t be traveling until late 2021 or 2022 - and for all of them it doesn’t matter whether it opens tomorrow or in October. I do feel badly for those traveling this summer who were hoping to go on it, but I don’t really think this is much of a surprise that they’re waiting until things are potentially more “normal.” I think it makes sense.

The magic is dead because they’re delaying a ride opening during a pandemic?

I disagree with Chapek on a lot (A LOT) but I honestly think it’s a very good idea to save it for the 50th, when vaccination is more widespread, there’s potentially more semblance of “normal” anyway. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Thousands of people won’t be traveling until late 2021 or 2022 - and for all of them it doesn’t matter whether it opens tomorrow or in October. I do feel badly for those traveling this summer who were hoping to go on it, but I don’t really think this is much of a surprise that they’re waiting until things are potentially more “normal.” I think it makes sense.

Why does it make sense to delay a ride due to a pandemic? The parks are open.

Because new rides attract more people, and they just don’t want the public imagery of trying to attract more people at a time when the scientists are telling everyone not to travel and gather. It will also give them another thing to attract people when they can open to more capacity later this year (assuming vaccination rates move us in that direction)

It definitely makes sense to delay a grand opening of a ride when you are still operating at limited capacity and vaccinations are just rolling out - better days are ahead. There will be so much more confidence in travel once everyone who wants to be vaccinated can be. It totally makes sense to delay a grand opening of a ride until they can have more people in the park. Depending on vaccination rates and covid numbers, I think we’ll see a big capacity increase in advance of the 50th. It makes so much more sense to open it when the park isn’t capped at a low percentage.

Plus the bonus, it will drive people to Epcot during the 50th celebration.

So the capacity is what it is. Thats not gonna gonna draw more people. Both of you are proving my point that its no longer even remotely about the guest experience.

They could easily cut staffing elsewhere and run this ride.

So the capacity is what it is. Thats not gonna gonna draw more people. Both of you are proving my point that its no longer even remotely about the guest experience.

They could easily cut staffing elsewhere and run this ride.

I think it will be a wonderful addition to the guest experience for everyone traveling for/during the 50th and beyond.

And there will be many more people traveling to WDW for/during the 50th than there are right now. Will be a nice and festive time for a grand opening.

Last edited:
All of this happy news is making me so hopefully for the fall and winter. Initially I was pretty grumpy about Remi...

but we’ve got the water parks and DL newly open this spring.

possibly cruising and DCP back in the fall (and if not I can see it in early spring 2022) And some fun new openings for the 50th.
(And I’m curious how the other parks will respond with optimism towards Disney’s news!)

2021 is STILL gonna be weird, but I hope we can laugh about this topsy turvy year in a few years from now.

All of this happy news is making me so hopefully for the fall and winter. Initially I was pretty grumpy about Remi...

but we’ve got the water parks and DL newly open this spring.

possibly cruising and DCP back in the fall (and if not I can see it in early spring 2022) And some fun new openings for the 50th.
(And I’m curious how the other parks will respond with optimism towards Disney’s news!)

2021 is STILL gonna be weird, but I hope we can laugh about this topsy turvy year in a few years from now.

It’s definitely SO refreshing to hear good news!!! I’m excited for fall too!! So much to look forward to!

As with most new rides, I would imagine that they will start offering VIP early access rides on Ratatouille before the official opening to AP holders and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter