News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Disney doesn't offer a paid version, I thinking it's a pretty safe bet that Mears will.
I agree. The DME buses are, I believe, actually owned and operated by Mears. They'll probably want to get a return on their investment by continuing to run the buses. And Mears has been providing transportation from the airport to area hotels since before DME came into existence.

"Additionally, complimentary transportation options – such as buses, monorails and Disney Skyliner – will continue to be available within Walt Disney World Resort for Disney Resort hotel guests, including to and from all four theme parks. "

Wonder if that means something different for offsite guests ...
As discussed in the Swan and Dolphin thread, there are already signs at the Yacht Club bus stop that those buses are intended for Disney Resort guests only. However, they are not asking for proof that riders are staying at a Disney resort. Moreover, I'm confident Disney will continue to provide intra-Disney transportation to guests at those non-Disney resorts whose resorts have bus service to Disney.

Will prices for Disney hotels be coming down? I mean, MDE was included in pricing, will they be reducing pricing by a buck or two? Heck, if this pushes more people to rent cars, they'll be making more in parking fees.

I'm DVC so they've got me until we decide to sell, but honestly, what true benefits are there to staying on site besides the early FP access, if they even still offer it? The 30 minutes in the morning is nice, but what about people who vacation means sleeping in and staying up later, there's no park that will give you the extra 30 afterwards, right? I now need to budget more travel time when coming/going by plane (never had to worry about check-in with MDE), getting bags to the hotel, leaving early to possibly return a car. I'm not trying to be No-fun-Nick here, I'm just curious why I tell my co-workers who have asked me to help them plan stuff for 2022 why it's worth staying on site.

Losing DME hits short stay visits disproportionately hard, as the higher expense of Disney resorts was offset by the cost of a shuttle service too/from the airport, and the hours gained by using the luggage handling.

I just this weekend chose WDW over Uni because the nickel-and-diming feel of booking a trip through the Uni site always leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Even when the prices come out comparable, I have a distinct, "yeah but the hell with those guys" feeling towards Uni. I'd hate to see WDW drift to the same experience.

Will prices for Disney hotels be coming down? I mean, MDE was included in pricing, will they be reducing pricing by a buck or two? Heck, if this pushes more people to rent cars, they'll be making more in parking fees.

I'm DVC so they've got me until we decide to sell, but honestly, what true benefits are there to staying on site besides the early FP access, if they even still offer it? The 30 minutes in the morning is nice, but what about people who vacation means sleeping in and staying up later, there's no park that will give you the extra 30 afterwards, right? I now need to budget more travel time when coming/going by plane (never had to worry about check-in with MDE), getting bags to the hotel, leaving early to possibly return a car. I'm not trying to be No-fun-Nick here, I'm just curious why I tell my co-workers who have asked me to help them plan stuff for 2022 why it's worth staying on site.
This is how companies raise prices without raising prices. (Just how tons of our food items have gotten smaller packaging .. but the price never went down).

The way it is going .. I could see Disney ditching "free" wi-fi from resorts or just tacking it on as a "resort fee". They have to be hurting from revenue and are going to look for it wherever they can without raising prices outright.

I prefer the half hour at every park every day idea over AM EMH that moved around. We used to avoid EMH even though we stayed onsite. This way there is no increase in guests to a specific park and it gives resort guests a jump on the top ride(s) every day.

I prefer the half hour at every park every day idea over AM EMH that moved around. We used to avoid EMH even though we stayed onsite. This way there is no increase in guests to a specific park and it gives resort guests a jump on the top ride(s) every day.

Now we will just have to pay attention after it starts - since they've been letting people in earlier lately anyways, is our half hour truly a half hour, or does our extra time start earlier too?

I can make anything confusing! :D

Now we will just have to pay attention after it starts - since they've been letting people in earlier lately anyways, is our half hour truly a half hour, or does our extra time start earlier too?

I can make anything confusing! :D
If it's the same way that they handled AM EMH then it should be good. I can't really see them letting everyone in at the same time once they implement this (or it really is just useless). When they ran all the extra hours for the opening of Galaxy's Edge it worked out well for resort guests from what I recall when I was there.

I wonder if Disney replaces ME with their a new service - perhaps to start complementary but then after the Brightline station is open it gets replaced with "complementary resort pick up and return to the Brightline station at Disney Springs or upgrade to direct transporation from MCO"

Evening EMH was amazing.

We all knew it was gone, but now it's all but confirmed.

For those that experienced a 11pm-1am EMH night at MK, you know what I'm talking about.

I think the EMH that we had the last few years wasn't really valuable, minus the 1 hour early EMH at MK. I don't know if the everyday 30 mins early will still have a similar advantage. Time will tell.

We never used DME, but I'm with @TheMaxRebo in that I thought it was a genius way of keeping you onsite. Also was a cost savings. Now that parking fee doesn't seem as innocent anymore.

Last edited:
Evening EMH was amazing.

We all knew it was gone, but now it's all but confirmed.

For those that experienced a 11pm-1am EMH night at MK, you know what I'm talking about.

I think vs the EMH that we had the last few years wasn't really valuable, minus the 1 hour early EMH at MK. I don't know if the everyday 30 mins early will still have a similar advantage. Time will tell.

We never used DME, but I'm with @TheMaxRebo in that I thought it was a genius way of keeping you onsite. Also was a cost savings. Now that parking fee doesn't seem as innocent anymore.

Trying so hard to stay awake on the last night of an 8 night stay (they were often on Saturdays), but instead nodding off constantly on iasw and HM. 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter