News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite 1 AM memory at MK involves me riding The Little Mermaid with almost nobody else extept this one family with a very little girl. As I was getting on, they were coming to unload and the little girl was doing that big, full arm, little kid clap. She was just in heaven! The parents looked tired, but the CM asked if they wanted to stay on. They reluctantly agreed. As far as I know they are still on that ride, going around and around.... 🤣
Ha I’ve been there! My daughter was 5 and we closed Magic Kingdom down together. I’ll never forget how tired she was but how amazing she thought it was to be up that late at WDW. She still talks about it to people as evidence she’s a tough girl. I’m so sad we won’t get to have that experience again.

just saw that Citi Field, where the Mets play, will be a location for mass vaccination in NYC

So taht covers 2 entities that I provide significant amount of money to and in return and bring me decreasing amounts of joy stepping up

At least the Mets are trying to put a championship level team on the field. My team across town is crying poor risking losing arguably the best player in baseball the last 2 seasons. Not to mention our non existent rotation behind Cole.

reports of a new resort called Evermore Orlando Resort, coming to right next to WDW - $1bn resort, 10,000 rooms

could really attract folks if they offer transfer from MCO ;)

Oooohh, with a lagoon too! They’ve been building a few housing communities here in Tampa with the lagoon features and they look amazing. I may have to check this out when it’s completed in a few years just for that feature!

SongS! Don't forget "Two Brothers"!

My sister and I sent out an American Adventure themed Christmas card this year (featuring the Rosie the riveter part, "maybe we'll all be together by next Christmas!"), now we know who sleeps through AA and who doesn't. 😄

We had gone to Disney for years and years and I was talking about American Adventure last year and mentioned the submarine and my boyfriend said....'there's a sub in that show'?! Keep in mind we watched it on a majority of our trips.

Oooohh, with a lagoon too! They’ve been building a few housing communities here in Tampa with the lagoon features and they look amazing. I may have to check this out when it’s completed in a few years just for that feature!

any idea of what pricepoint these offerings would be at? I am alsways on the lookout for locations that offer larger accomodations and this sounds pretty nice .... but fearful it would be 3x more than I woudl want to pay

Let's see if this ends up being an Xbox exclusive as MS bought Bethesda ... Spider-Man was PS exclusive so I could see LucasFilm doing the same thing Marvel did

Agh! I forgot about that. Then agian, I play all my non-Nintendo games on PC, and MS is usually good about bringing things to PC too, maybe a little later than on Xbox. I enjoy Machine Games Wolfenstein entries - I'm playign New Colossus currently.

For that project no one can complain they haven't considered the wide variety of vacationers given all the different types of accommodations that will be in this assuming it all actually gets built as laid out in the article. If people like the complex and come back they can envision it as a place that meets different needs for different vacations-from small groups to very large groups from wanting a hotel experience to more of a home VRBO style.

I'm not one for mega hotels/complexes but I'm not necessarily opposed to this as a concept. It will likely be beyond my price comfort but the concept itself is interesting having such different options.

What may be the iffy part is the attention meeting space aspect, clearly they are expecting this to be used for large enough businesses but the business world and travel is not exactly concrete at this time as many businesses have curbed their travel plans as a general policy, reduced their buildings in both numbers and space, etc. I know airports all over are worried business travel will be significantly reduced at least in the next few years. It's a lot of forward investment hoping by opening business travel picks up a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter