News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh .. so they still may ... Thanks for pointing that out. My first park day is January 25th .. I will have to keep an eye on it -- I have ADRs for essentially near (current) park closing times and may want to adjust them if some of the parks stay open later.
My first park day is 1/23 so I’ve been watching hours. It seems they have been changing hours on Thursdays. I’m in the same boat as you - near current closing time reservations that i can hopefully adjust this week.

As someone that goes multiple times a year even if there’s nothing new opening in terms of rides, I don’t have a major issue with Cosmic Rewind and Tron being delayed. It’s understandable given the circumstances. What does suck is that the train won’t be open on Oct 1st. While it’s tied to the opening of Tron, it’s still inexcusable to celebrate the opening of something Walt created without having an opening day attraction that Walt was very passionate about.

As someone that goes multiple times a year even if there’s nothing new opening in terms of rides, I don’t have a major issue with Cosmic Rewind and Tron being delayed. It’s understandable given the circumstances. What does suck is that the train won’t be open on Oct 1st. While it’s tied to the opening of Tron, it’s still inexcusable to celebrate the opening of something Walt created without having an opening day attraction that Walt was very passionate about.
We went in October 2018 when DS had just turned 5. He was totally into trains at that time. Looking back, we were very fortunate we went then and got a chance to see it operating and ride it, considering it closed a couple of months later and who knows at this point when it will reopen.

I do wonder if they totally finish the outside before pausing work on Tron, could then then get the Train working?

The the fact we are evening having to discuss the railroad not being open for the 50th is sad, annoying, disheartening, etc

I do wonder if they totally finish the outside before pausing work on Tron, could then then get the Train working?

The the fact we are evening having to discuss the railroad not being open for the 50th is sad, annoying, disheartening, etc

The visual I first get of Walt is him on his train with the conductor's hat (or whatever it is).

“…I just want it to look like nothing else in the world. And it should be surrounded by a train.” — Walt Disney

I am more upset about the railroad tbh.
The visual I first get of Walt is him on his train with the conductor's hat (or whatever it is).

“…I just want it to look like nothing else in the world. And it should be surrounded by a train.” — Walt Disney

for me it is all of it ... just the appearance of this giant thing in one of the original lands just sitting ther,and then train potentially being impacted, it just all seems "sad" for the 50th celebration ... even if that mostly happens in 2022 there is still going to be some sort of ceremony on Oct 1st and for the Train not to be run, for this big new thing just teasing you - that part of it upsets/annoys me more than not getting on a random new attraction

for me it is all of it ... just the appearance of this giant thing in one of the original lands just sitting ther,and then train potentially being impacted, it just all seems "sad" for the 50th celebration ... even if that mostly happens in 2022 there is still going to be some sort of ceremony on Oct 1st and for the Train not to be run, for this big new thing just teasing you - that part of it upsets/annoys me more than not getting on a random new attraction
Considering the 50th is coming up and the fact that Walt Disney World is actually open, how come WDW's projects are delayed but they continue to work on the Disneyland projects?

Considering the 50th is coming up and the fact that Walt Disney World is actually open, how come WDW's projects are delayed but they continue to work on the Disneyland projects?

not sure - maybe taking advantage of the no guests to get hardscape/large piece work done and they too will "pause" whenever it is that the parks open up again?

I could be way off, but I thought the only thing that really gets in the way of the track is the overpass that goes over the train and to the Tron queue. If that’s the case, they could theoretically finish that prior to finishing the actual attraction itself and reopen the railroad. But thats also optimistically thinking on my end

It feels like WDW is giving up on 2021 already, which I think is incredibly shortsighted. I still feel the last half of the year is going to be drastically different for travel.

I sure hope they don't just write off all of us traveling there in 2021.

It feels like WDW is giving up on 2021 already, which I think is incredibly shortsighted. I still feel the last half of the year is going to be drastically different for travel.

I am wondering if they are thinking that enough people will come back in the 2nd half of the year anyway, whether there is new stuff or not, just because they are glad to be able to/willing to travel then ... plus once you get to late August you start having the Halloween decorations and parties (which I assume will be able to come back this year in some fashion) and then the 50th - even if nothing big, there will eb people coming for that anyway - and then into the holidays stuff ... so might feel they don't need new "draws" until 2022

I am wondering if they are thinking that enough people will come back in the 2nd half of the year anyway, whether there is new stuff or not, just because they are glad to be able to/willing to travel then ... plus once you get to late August you start having the Halloween decorations and parties (which I assume will be able to come back this year in some fashion) and then the 50th - even if nothing big, there will eb people coming for that anyway - and then into the holidays stuff ... so might feel they don't need new "draws" until 2022

If other things start coming back, I will feel differently.

But I'm just not so sure! I'm hoping for hours to be somewhat back to normal, return of some parties, the full Halloween decor, not the "light" version, most of the food places open, some form of nighttime shows...

Not that I'm not going to go, it's just my wish list.

This is just my thoughts but I think whether people return or not has more to do with the pandemic right now than it does about new attractions.

Disney could open every single new attraction today that is in the works or has been announced and this would not change when we will return. We normally visit 2-3 times a year but will wait until we feel safer travelling to and being at Disney,

I understand this is not all people but I believe there are others who feel the same way we do.

I see them probably pairing back their expectations on the early quarter (at least first three months) of 2021 due to the rising cases everywhere (including Florida).

Rising covid cases everywhere plus just being the colder winter months in Florida probably just means a REALLY low tourist season until Spring Break .. when . probably no matter the virus "levels" people will be ready for a vacation after a full year of being "locked down" in same way, shape or form.

It would be interesting to "know" how many people are staying away because the parks aren't "normal" (lots of restrictions/closures) and how many people are staying away due to fear of catching the virus at a very public place.

This is just my thoughts but I think whether people return or not has more to do with the pandemic right now than it does about new attractions.

Disney could open every single new attraction today that is in the works or has been announced and this would not change when we will return. We normally visit 2-3 times a year but will wait until we feel safer travelling to and being at Disney,

I understand this is not all people but I believe there are others who feel the same way we do.

I agree with that, for right now. The question is come, say September, when things are maybe 90% back to normal, will people come back in huge numbers if there isn't much "new" from 2 years ago? Or push off until 2022/23?

I am sure there are some fans that will come back just for their old favorites but others might just wait ... or go to Universal which has their shiny new Coaster open

If other things start coming back, I will feel differently.

But I'm just not so sure! I'm hoping for hours to be somewhat back to normal, return of some parties, the full Halloween decor, not the "light" version, most of the food places open, some form of nighttime shows...

Not that I'm not going to go, it's just my wish list.

I think all of those things could be back by the fall - and not require any new attractions, other than Rat

plus Space 220, and maybe Harmonius ... there will be some stuf. Just not the two biggest things

But maybe Disney is thinking they won't have much new beyond those 2 big new things for many, many years, so wants to be slow with the roll out

I think all of those things could be back by the fall - and not require any new attractions, other than Rat

plus Space 220, and maybe Harmonius ... there will be some stuf. Just not the two biggest things

But maybe Disney is thinking they won't have much new beyond those 2 big new things for many, many years, so wants to be slow with the roll out

I agree attraction wise. Stuff would probably already need to be announced in order to come out right after those 2 rides open. We do have Princess and the Log too. But I think there are some magical “upgrades” in 2023 and maybe some new experiences that aren’t necessarily rides. Pure guess, but I think the next “new” ride comes in 2025, and I say it’ll be at Animal Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter