• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nice hotel off I75 past Atlanta?

disynut

DIS Veteran
We *may*(depending on baseball practice) be leaving on a Friday afternoon and trying to get just through Atlanta on Friday night before stopping to spend the night. Does anyone have a good recommendation of something along the lines of Holiday Inn Express or the like?

TIA,
Jennifer

We always stay at the Hampton Inn in Marietta. I know that it's north of Atlanta but if you're leaving early on Saturday or Sunday morning traffic has never been a problem. A little more than a continental breakfast is complimentary and there's an Applebee's virtually in the parking lot for something to eat in the evening. The rooms are always clean and we've stayed there at least 20 times. Hope this helps.

We stayed at a Holiday Inn Express south of Atlanta last March. It had just opened and was very nice. I'm not sure of the exit number, but it was the exit that takes you to the speedway. We were unaware that there was a race that weekend and got caught without a room - we were really lucky the Holiday Inn Express had just opened - or it would have been all booked up too!

I've checked the map - I believe the Holiday Inn Express was in McDonough, GA.

HTH

Thank you! We actually stayed at that Holiday Inn Express last year too! I remember my dh saying that was the same exit as the raceway now, but I couldn't remember the name of the town. McDonough is right! Thanks!

Now it just looks like we won't make it that far....ds baseball practice goes until 8:00pm:sad2: so we *might* make it to Chattanooga but not any farther. And I'm not sure I want to go through Monteagle that late. :scared1:

Here's hoping it rains - really hard and you get to leave town a little early. Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter