Nice Surprise?

LifeIsTinkIsLife

Mouseketeer
What would you love to be surprised with? I am surprising DBF with a Segway Tour! I would love to be surprised with a night at DLH, but you can only book 2 minimum. :sad1: What would you want? I need some ideas. :thumbsup2

Dinner at Napa Rose? Dinner at Blue Bayou (I LOVE that place!)? A spa treatment at the GCH?

I still need to read more about Napa Rose before I put that on my list of things DBF can chose from to surprise me with. :lmao:

We ARE doing dessert at BB, and for sure getting seats on the water. I don't care how long we have to wait! You love it? I have heard very mixed reviews!

Is there any other restaurant that is inside a ride? Haha.

The treatment... ohh, I have never been quite in to those! I just don't like the feeling of being pampered, and especially by random people. Weird huh? Haha, the most I get is a facial. :)

The reserved seating at Fantasmic! Or the milk and cookies provided by Vacation Planners/Dream Makers! Maybe one of those sumptious birthday cakes I saw in the cake thread.

We're going to be at DLR for my DD's 7th birthday on 12/9 and my birthday 40th on 12/11 and I'd love if DH would arrange for a little something "extra". DD's birthday is a wrap! First, she doesn't know we're going at all! We'll tell her the day before when we pick her up from the airport and head out with all four of us to the airport! Then, she'll be surprised when my DS and DN show up to join us prior to rope drop the next morning! Next, we're taking all three girls to BBB mid-morning followed by lunch at AG. Mid-afternoon we'll hit Pat E. Cake's for a little decorating and limbo with The Mouse.

Sorry, got off-topic a little, but I guess it emphasizes how much I love to give surprises, so here's to hoping DH is planning a little one or two for me, as well! :)

I would love to be surprised with the holiday tour. It sounds like a festive way to see the Christmas stuff plus I could watch the parade without having to save seats. The fantasmic dessert or a night at one of the disney hotels would be great too. Actually, I would love to be surprised with anything at DLR but no extra surprises for me, I don't think, since DH agreed to get APs again as my birthday/christmas present and the price just about made him faint. So I don't think he's planning on anything extra but that's okay. I'm just happy to get another year at DLR. :yay:

OHH I would love Fantasmic seating, or even the Holiday Tour, but we are going in late January so that's not going to happen. :/ It's too bad, because I have never watched all of F! so I wish it was going to be there. We will watch the fireworks though. I loved the Halloween ones and I have the soundtrack for RDCT so I will like that! :wizard: But oh well, I think it will help out with the crowds so maybe we will get more done at DL then we have before. :) I want to ride TSMM! I never have before. Oh 3 Tinks, the milk and cookies are only provided at one of the DLR hotels right? We are going to stay offsite to save money. I told DBF I wouldn't mind him surprising me with a 2 night (unless we could just do one night) stay at DLH or PP! :eek: I would love that! Even more so if it had a good theme park view. A girl can dream right? :rotfl:

The treatment... ohh, I have never been quite in to those! I just don't like the feeling of being pampered, and especially by random people. Weird huh? Haha, the most I get is a facial. :)

No, not weird. That is me too. When my friends get some day long spa treatment as a present from their DHs, I always say I'd rather be running around Disneyland than let strangers do "stuff" to me. So, of course, if I'm actually there at DLR, there is no way I'm going to lay around in spa when I could be riding Space Mountian or shooting at Zurg in BLAB! :rotfl2:

The Walt's Footsteps tour would be a fun surprise for me (or the F! dessert).

I still need to read more about Napa Rose before I put that on my list of things DBF can chose from to surprise me with. :lmao:

We ARE doing dessert at BB, and for sure getting seats on the water. I don't care how long we have to wait! You love it? I have heard very mixed reviews!

Is there any other restaurant that is inside a ride? Haha.

Yes, our whole family loves the BB! My DD9 picked it for her bday meal next month, so we will be there at 11:30 am for lunch! :) If you don't like spa treatments how about getting your nails done there, or a pedicure? I'm still thinking, I'll post more later.....

No, not weird. That is me too. When my friends get some day long spa treatment as a present from their DHs, I always say I'd rather be running around Disneyland than let strangers do "stuff" to me. So, of course, if I'm actually there at DLR, there is no way I'm going to lay around in spa when I could be riding Space Mountian or shooting at Zurg in BLAB! :rotfl2:

Yeah, not my thing either. I could handle a manicure or maybe a pedicure but that's about it. My friends once got me a gift card for a place to get a massage because of all the stressful things we were going through with DS's medical issues and I thought it was so nice of them but I never used it (shhhh.... don't tell them) because I knew I wouldn't like it. It probably would have been more stressful for me! :rotfl:

Haha yeah me too! I would feel way too restless! :hyper: Discover the Magic Tour would be nice too! I want the F! desert too, that would be so cool. :)

Yes, our whole family loves the BB! My DD9 picked it for her bday meal next month, so we will be there at 11:30 am for lunch! :) If you don't like spa treatments how about getting your nails done there, or a pedicure? I'm still thinking, I'll post more later.....
BB will be a must do then for our trip. :goodvibes Ah, I would still feel to restless. I have gotten them done before and I just don't enjoy it. Plus since my surprise is for me AND him, I'd like his to be for the both of us too! LOL I don't think DBF would want to get his nails done! :lmao:

Yeah, not my thing either. I could handle a manicure or maybe a pedicure but that's about it. My friends once got me a gift card for a place to get a massage because of all the stressful things we were going through with DS's medical issues and I thought it was so nice of them but I never used it (shhhh.... don't tell them) because I knew I wouldn't like it. It probably would have been more stressful for me! :rotfl:
Lol, I won't tell. I would have sold the card on craigslist or something. :rotfl:

I won a massage gift card at a mothers of twins club meeting a year ago and never used it either. :rotfl2: I should give it to someone else.

Ummmm, I did a spa day for DBF and I once....he went with me and got a foot massage. :) You know what you should do? Go the Cove Bar and have a few drinks watching people on Screamin', or go to the UVA Bar and have a few drinks and people watch. :)

Yeah drinks would be cool but I will barely be 20 at that point. :) I need some more ideas! The best one I've come up with is just one night at PP. With a theme park view. Does anyone have any pictures of what the view is like? I doubt that he will want to get that for me. But then again I am spending about $200 on him too!

But he's 21 right? You can get a "regular" drink and sit with him, have some lobster nachos and relax. :) I guess that wouldn't something for you tho.....hey, I know.....how would you feel about doing the BBB?? Get YOU a makeover!! I did it, it was so fun!!! Did the hair and makeup, for $5 more you can do your nails too. Then you get to walk around DL/DCA feeling like a Princess all day. :)

But he's 21 right? You can get a "regular" drink and sit with him, have some lobster nachos and relax. :) I guess that wouldn't something for you tho.....hey, I know.....how would you feel about doing the BBB?? Get YOU a makeover!! I did it, it was so fun!!! Did the hair and makeup, for $5 more you can do your nails too. Then you get to walk around DL/DCA feeling like a Princess all day. :)

Hmm... That may just be a good idea! :goodvibes I kind of thought it was just for young girls but you can just get hair and make up done? Do they over do it or would it look nice?

Oh it's for everyone. We did it for my bday, I was turning 38. It was me and the girls. They have 3 different packages, 1 with hair and makeup, 1 with hair, makeup and nails and the big one with hair, makeup, nails and an outfit. Obviously you wouldn't get the outfit since you wouldn't be allowed to wear it but you could totally do one of the others. When we went the we got the first one. Hair and makeup. I did think they overdid my makeup but I just wiped it off after pictures. Really I just thought they did my cheeks a bit much, but I don't wear makeup unless it's a special occasion.

Yeah same here. Well I have to wear mascera because my eyelashes are blond, and I wear brown eye shadow. I also wear foundation because I have a scar on my nose from when I was a little girl, I fell out of bed and scraped it on the bookcase that was there. :lmao:

But, I don't think DBF is going to worry about surprising me. I told him NOT to. We're staying in the Paradise Pier! :scared1: He might upgrade a night for theme park view to surprise me, but I am going to love staying there regardless. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter