• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No availability in December

KyleAfterAWhile

DIS Veteran
I am trying to help a friend and his family. There is pretty much no availability in December. Think anything will open up beyond cancellations? Any reason Disney would be holding cash inventory?

Oh yeah, with that announcement I am sure there is a little effect, but this lack of availability has been the same for months. He has been looking since March/April.

Could be the range of dates he's looking at, if it's too short, the algorithm might be working against him.

Try breaking it up into two stays of 4 and 3 nights. I’m seeing quite a bit of availability from Dec 8-16th (my week there) doing it that way.

Having Rise of the Resistance open on December 5th ain't gonna help.
I just looked for a friend also. I think with Rise of Resistance opening on Dec 5th, they will pretty much be booked solid.
Well, that did announce just about an hour ago. So I doubt that is what caused them to show as sold out now.

Next question would be does your friend want a Value resort? They are booked / blocked for the Pop Warner & Cheer season. The events are scheduled Dec. 6 -13.

Dave
This would be though, seeing how they can block out the rooms now and those going will book later, from the blocked rooms.

I am trying to help a friend and his family. There is pretty much no availability in December. Think anything will open up beyond cancellations? Any reason Disney would be holding cash inventory?

What week are they trying to go? Only the first week is sold out right now. All the others have very good availability.

Hmm, not sure on that 100%, but I *believe* he is looking for a week anytime during the first 2.5 weeks of December.

I just searched for a room in the second full week in December and saw tons of availability. I even looked for extra large rooms (up to 6 people) and there were still rooms. How many people are in his family? Perhaps if he is searching for a large group (e.g., 8 people) he forgot to split them up into to two rooms when searching on the website and so is showing no availability simply because his party exceeds the limit on # of people per room.

I booked the Swan for the days leading up to Christmas on Monday. There was tons of onsite availability, but I wasn't willing to pay those prices! I was also surprised how easy I could get dining reservations for the busy time of year.

One way to check for availability is to try shorter stays within your dates for the resort you want. Sometimes the separate shorter stays are available & would add up to the desired longer stay, but the online system won't let you book it. Calling Disney reservations on the phone can help, as they can override the computer booking system that sometimes won't allow people to book stays of certain numbers of rnights, even though there is availability. I've had them help me with this so I know it is possible. The phone CM will have to call Guest Services to make this happen. Some phone CMs are a lot better than others, so if you know the dates are available but the system just won't let you book it as one stay, call back until you reach a phone CM who is willing/knowledgeable enough to call Guest Services to get this taken care of.

Last edited:

The first week of December, which is historically low and the same week we are going, has oddly been showing little or no availability for quite some time. Plenty of availability the week of Thanksgiving, which is always slammed, and plenty of availability the 2nd of week of December during Pop Warner. So i have felt that first week has been weirdly fishy with virtually no availability. , so after yesterday it totally makes sense. I swear Disney has been jacking with availability that time in anticipation of Rise of the Resistance. I'm so sick of hearing about SWGE.

I just searched for a room in the second full week in December and saw tons of availability. I even looked for extra large rooms (up to 6 people) and there were still rooms. How many people are in his family? Perhaps if he is searching for a large group (e.g., 8 people) he forgot to split them up into to two rooms when searching on the website and so is showing no availability simply because his party exceeds the limit on # of people per room.

He is a family of 4. I am going to tell him to call instead of looking online. I am not sure what the disconnect is. Thanks for your reply.

The first week of December, which is historically low and the same week we are going, has oddly been showing little or no availability for quite some time. Plenty of availability the week of Thanksgiving, which is always slammed, and plenty of availability the 2nd of week of December during Pop Warner. So i have felt that first week has been weirdly fishy with virtually no availability. , so after yesterday it totally makes sense. I swear Disney has been jacking with availability that time in anticipation of Rise of the Resistance. I'm so sick of hearing about SWGE.

I have seen in some FB groups where people are saying it is because they are holding inventory for a discount release, but that seems odd considering that discounts are to fill rooms that are not filling at rack rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter