No bed spreads for youuuuuuu!!!

There was a picture posted on one of my DVC Facebook groups yesterday of a BCV villa with the triple sheeting. There was no runner and no throw pillows but it still had the dust ruffle (with a white Mickey head towel arrangement on the bed).

I didn't like it at all. It looked like a white sheeted, unmade bed. :scared:
They need something with color--at least a runner. Definitely didn't look like a deluxe resort. Looked like housekeeping had forgotten to finish making the bed. I hope DVC fixes this soon.

Exactly the way it looked to me also-like a half made bed. Kind of distracts from the room's theming because it really sticks out.

There was a picture posted on one of my DVC Facebook groups yesterday of a BCV villa with the triple sheeting. There was no runner and no throw pillows but it still had the dust ruffle (with a white Mickey head towel arrangement on the bed).

I didn't like it at all. It looked like a white sheeted, unmade bed. :scared:
They need something with color--at least a runner. Definitely didn't look like a deluxe resort. Looked like housekeeping had forgotten to finish making the bed. I hope DVC fixes this soon.

I don't imagine they will fix it, as this was due to member feedback. All those oooh gross bedspreads comments lead to this.

As far as DVC getting the decorative, "scarf" not sure. Since that would just be something else for members to throw on the floor due to them not being washed between guests, they might opt out of getting them.

You personally might not have complained; but many did and you know the old saying, "be careful what one wishes for".

Do you have the photo?

I don't imagine they will fix it, as this was due to member feedback. All those oooh gross bedspreads comments lead to this.

As far as DVC getting the decorative, "scarf" not sure. Since that would just be something else for members to throw on the floor due to them not being washed between guests, they might opt out of getting them.

You personally might not have complained; but many did and you know the old saying, "be careful what one wishes for".

Do you have the photo?

All the hotels I've stayed at that use triple sheeting have had runners on the bed. I think the hope is for a completion of "what they wished for" if they don't already have that planned.

All the hotels I've stayed at that use triple sheeting have had runners on the bed. I think the hope is for a completion of "what they wished for" if they don't already have that planned.

I don't know of any hotels that only use only sheets and blankets to make a bed, and honestly I was disappointed when I heard DVC was going to this.

There is a difference in a duvet cover with the bed scarf that Hampton, Marriott, Hilton and others have gone to and what DVC is planning, which is basically bed sheet and a top sheet, then a blanket covered by just another plain sheet.

That is not what BLT, BC, YC, Polynesian etc. have.

yc10b2.jpg

I don't know of any hotels that only use only sheets and blankets to make a bed, and honestly I was disappointed when I heard DVC was going to this.

There is a difference in a duvet cover with the bed scarf that Hampton, Marriott, Hilton and others have gone to and what DVC is planning, which is basically bed sheet and a top sheet, then a blanket covered by just another plain sheet.

yc10b2.jpg

As I mentioned I have stayed at several places that use triple sheeting and there have been various configurations but all have had a bed scarf that I've run across. Places like the Hyatt have usually had a duvet on top of the triple sheet but a couple of warmer climate locations I've stayed used a more decorative sheet for the top sheet and no duvet.

For fun I did a quick search online for triple sheeting and the 2 I chose to read both said to finish it off with a bed scarf.

I have always had the "bedspread fear" and take the bedspread off the beds as soon as we get to a room. My germ-a-phobe husband always laughs at me ... :confused3 . At Disney he says, "It's Disney!". We have been DVC members for a little over four years and have taken at least eight trips, and every time we are checking out we have seen a "linen bag" outside our door as we exit. And every time there are freshly laundered bedspreads in the bags. Each time we are surprised and we look at each other and say, "huh ... i guess they do change bedspreads between guests.". Perhaps it is a fluke and we always check out on bedspread changing day for the room we are in .... But I like triple sheeting and I do put the scarf back on the bed when I make it in the morning.

Curious, how does someone check for bedbugs?

The "experts" say when you first enter the room to go straight to the bed [I do it at the front of the bed corner] and pull back all the sheets, comforters, etc. and check the mattress for any black specks. Black specks would indicate the presence of bed bugs. I'm sure there are other ways to check, but that is the one I specifically remember and what we tend to talk about here on the Dis.

Starwood brand hotels, as well as Marriott use triple sheeting. As to the next tier down (comfort, holiday, etc) I cannot say what they use.

The "experts" say when you first enter the room to go straight to the bed [I do it at the front of the bed corner] and pull back all the sheets, comforters, etc. and check the mattress for any black specks. Black specks would indicate the presence of bed bugs. I'm sure there are other ways to check, but that is the one I specifically remember and what we tend to talk about here on the Dis.

Look along the piping on the edge of the mattress. Look for brownish red spot (indicate blood). You really also need to check behind the headboard or anywhere the bugs might hide.

Look along the piping on the edge of the mattress. Look for brownish red spot (indicate blood). You really also need to check behind the headboard or anywhere the bugs might hide.

That's right, brownish red spots. Thanks for the clarification.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter