No Car so need best off site hotel

Can you tell me if the Doubletree is one of the first on the pickup route too (right across from Best Western from what I see). We're staying there this fall and I'd love to know if we're first or last.
I'm not sure. We were on the B bus pickup route and the other side of the street was the A route.

I guess it depends on what you want out of a vacation.
Exactly. There are three things one might want in their WDW lodging:

1: To be onsite.
2: To have a reasonable amount of space.
3: To spend a reasonable amount of money.

For most people (and for most definitions of "reasonable") you can't have all three of these at the same time. So, the trick is deciding which one you are willing to give up. And, this decision can change depending on the trip,

When we travel with our kids, #2 is absolutely non-negotiable. If we can grab a DVC Villa through RCI, we'll go that way. If we can't, I'd rather live without #1 than live without #3, and we stay at one of the many wonderful offsite timeshares. But, if it's just the two of us, or if I'm on a solo trip, #2 isn't so important, so that opens up the Mods as a possible choice.

Exactly. There are three things one might want in their WDW lodging:

1: To be onsite.
2: To have a reasonable amount of space.
3: To spend a reasonable amount of money.

For most people (and for most definitions of "reasonable") you can't have all three of these at the same time. So, the trick is deciding which one you are willing to give up. And, this decision can change depending on the trip,

When we travel with our kids, #2 is absolutely non-negotiable. If we can grab a DVC Villa through RCI, we'll go that way. If we can't, I'd rather live without #1 than live without #3, and we stay at one of the many wonderful offsite timeshares. But, if it's just the two of us, or if I'm on a solo trip, #2 isn't so important, so that opens up the Mods as a possible choice.

That is a GOOD breakdown of options. From the start option #3 leads my decision. Then option #2 because even spending all day in the park from open til closing, I still need to come back and RELAX and 2 beds and 1 bathroom will not work for me for more than 3 or 4 days. So how long I plan to VISIT the Disney parks, determines if #1 becomes an option. So since we visit Florida for 10 to 15 days there is NO WAY I can even consider #1 unless we limit Disney to a few days. I am NOT going to cram into a value or a mod or ANYTHING that doesn't give the kids their own bedroom and me my own bedroom and jacuzzi. It just WON'T happen for a 10 or 15 day stay.....not even for 7 days!!! Hats off to those who can ENJOY that type of accomodation!!

To really bring down cost it also depends on if you have, or want to buy, an annual pass. An AP gives you free parking at the parks. So renting a car to stay off site can work. You need to watch the car rental rates and grab one when it's cheap enough. We have had cars for less than $100/week. One time we got a 3 bedroom condo at WBC for $500/week on eBay, relatively last minute. No extra charges. Then you can save more by eating some meals in the condo, and others off site at normal restaurant prices.

Without an AP, parking adds what, $20/day? Plus car cost, and you might approach the price of a Disney Value resort?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter