No Clue on Category 4

ElaineMc

Mouseketeer
OOPS. I've never done this before and I think posted my question in the wrong place. I wanted to know how category 4 was. We are right up there at the front of the ship and I am concerned about the motion. My daughter gets car sick but not plane sick and I have no idea how she's going to do on the ship as well as the rest of us. I can't wait. I've always wanted to go on a cruise and this is it! Is anyone else going on the October 9th cruise for three days? We're staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for two days before the cruise. Has anyone stayed here before? Thanks for all the replies.

Hi Elaine-

Welcome to the DIS! I'm sure that you'll get more replies once the power is back on in the North-East. I'll try to help as best I can!

First, AKL is wonderful! There is nothing like it. It is a darker resort, but that really adds to the ambiance in my opinion. I too am planning to have a category 4 room on the Magic (I have to wait two years though:mad: ). If your daughter is prone to motion sickness you should try a mid-ship location. The front of the ship is going to be where the most movement is felt. There are category 4's up and down deck 8 if memory serves me, so maybe you can switch if you are concerned. No matter what, have a wonderful vacation!!!

Erin :D

Thanks. We were trying to keep connecting cabins but I don't know. When I called DCL direct today they were sold out of quad accoms and only had suites left so I think we're out of luck. I'll check into getting her those wrist bands everyone keeps talking about. I tried them when I was 3 months pregnant and on a catamaran. They didn't work. I know the Disney Wonder is a whole lot bigger but.....................

Have no fear, we have stayed up there and the motion is minimal. The captains are good and usually pilot the ship to avoid large waves should there be any. And should you start getting that woosy(sp) feeling then you can sit out on the verandah. The room is wonderful and I believe everyone will be fine. My daughter gets motion sickness in the car but on the cruise she was fine.

Congrats and have fun!:wave:

We had 8002 and loved it. We felt a few waves the first day but not more than we did on the rest of the ship. Category 4's were awesome. We had a big bed(queen or King I think) and then a sofa that was like a futon bed and then above that was a pull down bunk bed type and then over by the verandah another pull down bed(lower to the ground) only one bed high up. The only thing is the verandah is hard to get to when the last bed it out. If you are on the 8000 side, you will get to see them docking at CC, really cool, if you are on the 8500 side, I assume you will have a beach view! Very quiet at the front and elevators less crowded.

Thank you. I feel better now about the location. I've heard you only want mid-ship or in the back. I think it's cool to be close to the bridge. Can't wait.

I stayed in the front...it was fine. I honestly never felt any difference in the amount of motion anywhere on the ship.

we also stayyed in 8002 second cabin back from the front of the ship we loved it.... and to be honest with u could not tell difference from any other spot on the ship we have stay cat 7 in back and cat 10 in middle and others ...

believe me if the ship does get a rockin u will feeel it
no matter where u r and we did not find one spot to be better than other peter

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter