No masks at Walmart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only actively sick people should have a mask on, and they shouldn't be out anyway, so ....no, the mask do not prevent Covid. Plenty of studies you can google.
I agree masks do not 100% (probably much less) stop Covid from spreading. However, if wearing masks stops any spread, then it does help control the virus.

I'm curious your feeling on asymptomatic spread. Does that not happen? I understood the point of the masks to be that you don't know if you have covid. You could have Covid, not know it, and spread it. Masks help prevent that.

Wait, let me get this right. You make a claim (about turning down the receipt check makes the employee's job harder), you get challenged on that statement by myself and @kdonnel, and your answer is "you can figure it out." OK. :rolleyes:
It sounded like to me they was trying to give you both the credit of being able to know the answer. I admit I figured with all the links posted and knowledge shared (even more than I ever knew to be honest) someone would be able to answer quickly because the answers to other things seemed to come quick.

I think (and please understand this is just what I think) both of you are just in the opinion it doesn't impact the employee so you're repeatedly asking people to show where it does (and I've seen that exchange several times in this thread where multiple people have said no reason to make the employees job harder and then the response is prove it). That's a no win situation because people are just coming at it from common courtesy and the common courtesy isn't the same for everyone (despite the word common) in this situation.

I don't think this is about making a claim like normal (where I agree if you make something normally you should at least try to back it up). This is a difference of opinion and one where if you don't view it as any more trouble for the employee it won't likely matter if someone tries to give an answer for why it could/would.

Only actively sick people should have a mask on, and they shouldn't be out anyway, so ....no, the mask do not prevent Covid. Plenty of studies you can google.
Google studies about pre-symptomatic and asymptomatic spread of Covid.

That is before we get into mild and "it's just allergies" cases where people go out despite displaying symptoms.

Yes, because we all know who wants to KEEP the masks hysteria going, to further divide people. Several studies have shown masks do nothing to control the virus, only to keep droplets ,from coughing, from spreading. If you have your vaccine, don't worry what others are or are not doing.
While chances are quite small for a vaccinated person I understand why someone who is vaccinated is using masks as an additional layer of protection. Unvaccinated persons stand a higher chance at contracting covid and they can spread it to vaccinated persons. I expect that behavior to go away eventually though.

I don't think this is about keeping any sort of hysteria going. To be honest further dividing people IS making comments about why someone would choose to wear a mask if they are vaccinated. Why care so much about why they want to continue to wear a mask?

It sounded like to me they was trying to give you both the credit of being able to know the answer. I admit I figured with all the links posted and knowledge shared (even more than I ever knew to be honest) someone would be able to answer quickly because the answers to other things seemed to come quick.

I think (and please understand this is just what I think) both of you are just in the opinion it doesn't impact the employee so you're repeatedly asking people to show where it does (and I've seen that exchange several times in this thread where multiple people have said no reason to make the employees job harder and then the response is prove it). That's a no win situation because people are just coming at it from common courtesy and the common courtesy isn't the same for everyone (despite the word common) in this situation.

I don't think this is about making a claim like normal (where I agree if you make something normally you should at least try to back it up). This is a difference of opinion and one where if you don't view it as any more trouble for the employee it won't likely matter if someone tries to give an answer for why it could/would.
I get what you're saying, however, if you (general) feel it makes the employee's job harder, and I don't (difference of opinion), wouldn't it behoove you to say "it makes the employee's job harder because <insert reason here>". I can't "prove" it doesn't, and you can't prove a negative, but I also don't see a reasonable reason why it should. But I'll readily admit I don't know everything, and am willing to learn, so if you (again, general) can think of a reason, what's wrong with mentioning it?

Now, maybe the employee has to fill out a two page form every time someone walks by them. If that's true, I would agree that makes the employee's job harder. I have a hard time believing that's true though. If anyone has worked for Wal*Mart and correct me, please do so.

Wear it, don't wear it. It's up to you. But don't wear it as a vaccinated person to keep from spreading it to someone. Because you won't.
I started out with a post that was on the nasty side, but honestly this obsession with masks is getting to the point of ridiculous. We were advised to wear one at the start and most of those that were aware of reality did so. Now we have been told that it is ok in spite of the fact that people are still getting the virus. They aren't necessarily dying but they are getting quite sick and there are new stronger ones that not enough time has passed to insure people that the vaccine will take care of the new strains. So with the combination of habit and a little concern about the degree of honest we are getting from those that advising continue to take small precautions. Believe when I tell you wearing a mask is a vary small precaution overall.

If you don't want to wear one, don't. I'm OK with that, but if I decide to use one for a little while, then I cannot understand why it is any of your concern. I don't check to determine if you are wearing underwear, why is this a problem for you? It is not your problem, I'm vaccinated and do not fear the virus itself. I have accepted that many have made the choice to not vaccinate. As far as I am concerned that would be their risk not mine. What I do is what the crowd does. Yesterday I went mall walking almost no one was wearing a mask so I didn't. Today at Walmart, in fact just an hour ago, with a store full of people all but two people were wearing one. But in either case, I really didn't think it was any of my business. Why do you?

Last edited:
I started out with a post that was on the nasty side, but honestly this obsession with masks is getting to the point of ridiculous. We were advised to wear one at the start and most of those that were aware of reality did so. Now we have been told that it is ok in spite of the fact that people are still getting the virus. They aren't necessarily dying but they are getting quite sick and there are new stronger ones that not enough time has passed to insure people that the vaccine will take care of the new strains. So with the combination of habit and a little concern about the degree of honest we are getting from those that advising continue to take small precautions. Believe when I tell you wearing a mask is a vary small precaution overall.

If you don't want to wear one, don't. I'm OK with that, but if I decide to use one for a little while, then I cannot understand why it is any of your concern. I don't check to determine if you are wearing underwear, why is this a problem for you? It is not your problem, I'm vaccinated and do not fear the virus itself. I have accepted that many have made the choice to not vaccinate. As far as I am concerned that would be their risk not mine. What I do is what the crowd does. Yesterday I went mall walking almost no one was wearing a mask so I didn't. Today at Walmart, in fact just an hour ago, with a store full of people all but two people were wearing one. But in either case, I really didn't think it was any of my business. Why do you?
You completely miss my point. I said pretty clearly it makes no difference to me whether you wear one or not. Wear one for the rest of your life if you want. I don't care.

My only issue is with the misinformation on your reason why. Wearing one after you are vaccinated in an effort to protect others is misguided. Because the data shows that vaccinated people aren't spreading the disease.

Last edited:
You completely miss my point. I said pretty clearly it makes no difference to me whether you wear one or not. Wear one for the rest of your life if you want. I don't care.

My only issue is with the misinformation on your reason why. Wearing one after you are vaccinated in an effort to protect others is misguided. Because the data shows that vaccinated people aren't spreading the disease.
AARP is still staying that we can #1 catch a mild version of it and #2 spread it to others. Once we get a clear and consistent example of the actual truth, then I don't intend to take any chances. I took many of them with I was young and paid heavily for it. Not going to just react to one source. I will use my own opinions as to what it safe and what isn't. It isn't misinformation if I cannot actually speak to the sources and find out where they are getting their information from. However, even if it isn't factual, who does one hurt by deciding that wearing one is better then taking the chance.

At my local Walmart yesterday about 25% were maskless. I have a sneaking suspicion those who dropped the masks aren’t the vaccinated ones.

I am fully vaccinated and stopped wearing a mask anywhere that I’m not asked to wear it. I went to Meijer yesterday and didn’t have to wear it, it was wonderful shopping without it. Yes, some who dropped the masks may not be vaccinated, but not all of us are lying about it.

AARP is still staying that we can #1 catch a mild version of it and #2 spread it to others. Once we get a clear and consistent example of the actual truth, then I don't intend to take any chances. I took many of them with I was young and paid heavily for it. Not going to just react to one source. I will use my own opinions as to what it safe and what isn't. It isn't misinformation if I cannot actually speak to the sources and find out where they are getting their information from. However, even if it isn't factual, who does one hurt by deciding that wearing one is better then taking the chance.
But aren't you reacting to just one source... AARP? Or are you talking to them and finding out where they get their information from? If anyone wants to wear a mask, more power to them. They can do so 24/7/365 for the rest of their lives for all I care. No one should be giving them the "stink eye" much less confront them. By the same token, those who choose to wear masks shouldn't judge those who don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter