No Masks Outdoors 5/15/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have mentioned this a few times and it goes ignored. Demings is pretending he still has control over it, but many people are still following him like he can actually have power over it.
I was not saying the Demings has any authority or matters what so ever, I am stating that it gives Disney an off ramp to pull masks indoors and make them a recommendation. This would follow exactly what Disney just did with the outdoor protocol. I was using the example for time frame purposes. Again, this really has nothing to with Demings but everything to with timing. When they reach the 5% - Disney will make the masks voluntary. It's the only "hurdle" yet to pass - the CDC has already stated that Disney can do it now, if it so chooses.

I think it’ll depend on when CDC guidance changes again. I think the new policy won’t be too big of a burden on the guests and there won’t be a huge rush to get rid of masks everywhere that soon.
They already said that for all vaccinated people masks are not needed anywhere. I'm sure Disney will be changing their policy again in a few weeks to masks optional for everyone...

They already said that for all vaccinated people masks are not needed anywhere. I'm sure Disney will be changing their policy again in a few weeks to masks optional for everyone...

Four weeks tops, just enough time to get back / retrain cast members to go along with raising capacity (again) with it to fill up those restaurants! :earsboy:

Editing to add - Dining fun fact, the calendar was open for 180 days this morning (but would throw an error searching after 60). I know it's just yet another Disney glitch but it gave me SO MUCH HOPE!

Last edited:
Four weeks tops, just enough time to get back / retrain cast members to go along with raising capacity (again) with it to fill up those restaurants! :earsboy:
Most likely! People here forget that Disney is a business and would like to get away from any restrictions as soon as possible as it has been limiting their revenue for the last year. And they have a lot of people still coming and a labor shortage that is also limiting their ability to bring everything back online.

If they can eliminate masks and distancing from their theme parks they are doing that as soon as possible. Now that the CDC has said that it is safe for vaccinated individuals to be unmasked and not socially distanced outside & indoors then if someone isn't vaccinated the risk is a personal risk. I know kids under 12 can't be vaccinated but they also are the least likely to get sick or have a bad outcome.

Without CDC guidance hampering Disney they will quickly move to everything's open come at your own discretion.

I'm just catching up on this thread...I completely agree, people should worry about themselves (although on some level IMO we should all be mindful of public health) and not judge, but just like the impact of covid has varied by region, experience of public health measures, etc. have too. I'm from an area that had close to 100% mask compliance and is one of the highest states for vaccination rates, however I also live 2 blocks from our governor and it was the epicenter of mask protests for a year. And yes, adults made fun of both children and adults wearing masks...often with bullhorns, lol. One day, my 14YO daughter was walking home from the park and adult male protesters started to follow her to insult her, swear at her, insult her parents...bananas...Anyway, while I would hope nothing like that would every happen at Disney, my point was more that people have had a wide ranges of experiences regarding all of this over the past year, and it might factor into concerns with any policy changes, etc. Personally, I'm looking forward to the change, we'll all be fully vaccinated so it will definitely make things easier, but I have empathy with people trying to figure things out as the changes roll out...

That is just wrong & those people should be ashamed of themselves. I am not for masks at all but #1 I would tell you that you couldn't wear one & #2 I wouldn't harass anyone let alone a child about their decision to wear a mask.

Again, people need to mind their own business!

No more masks at my corporate office. We have 2400 people here and they just lifted it. Even for the gym. All stores lifted their mask mandate other than Kroger. I am one happy dude right now. Our Disney trip is in November, followed by a cruise, and I am confident that masks won't be necessary at that time. If it is, okay. No problem. People don't need to be judging anyone. Period.

No more masks at my corporate office. We have 2400 people here and they just lifted it. Even for the gym. All stores lifted their mask mandate other than Kroger. I am one happy dude right now. Our Disney trip is in November, followed by a cruise, and I am confident that masks won't be necessary at that time. If it is, okay. No problem. People don't need to be judging anyone. Period.
Choices are a nice thing...

You are only responsible for you. If you choose to wear a mask, more power to you. If you choose not to, same. You do you and don't worry about other people. This is a good first step to returning the parks to normal and now the company can focus on reopening resorts, restaurants, a fp system, an ap system, when to return to nighttime shows etc
This is so common sense I am kicking myself for not posting first.

So who gets to make the decision on what decisions we will let make people make???

Well, that's what governments and agencies like the CDC are for. It's all part of the society we all share. I'm not against the new guidance at all because it is based on the science, but it amazes me how many people don't want to see how a "personal choice" can impact others. It's not wrong to have a little consideration - not everything we do is in a microcosm of ourselves.

We already make people wear things in public all the time... like pants. You have to wear pants at Disney. All of a sudden a much smaller piece of fabric is a big ol' deal that's violating people's choices. You can't logic these people.
Masks cover your mouth and nose. It's not healthy. It compromises your breathing pattern. Cloth masks shouldn't really be worn for more than 4 hours. Surgical masks can be worn longer and more breathable for a lot of folks but even medical staff don't wear the same ones for long. Masks can change people's breathing patterns. Even worse in hot weather. Not everyone can wear one. My dad has an issue wearing them but I have been pleading with him to learn to mediate and take up yoga to help. People either hyperventilate wearing a mask or they hypo ventilate. We don't have to worry about that with pants. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter