No more Vacation Magic emails

Monte Cristo

<font color=darkorchid>I hear their eyes are every
:confused:

I looked forward to seeing them pop in my inbox every month and liked reading them...

Member Web site to break news
This marks the final edition of Vacation Magic E-mail Update, as the staff is taking its news dissemination to a new level, thanks to the redesigned Member Web site scheduled to debut later this month.
The revamped site will include a dedicated section for the latest news, allowing you to access stories as they unfold. New articles will debut online throughout the month, and a periodic "News from dvcmember.com" e-mail alert will link you to key stories on the Web.

"We're looking forward to being able to share news with Members faster than ever," said Vacation Magic Editor Ryan March, who also will serve as the Web site's News Editor. "With our printed magazine exploring all things Disney each quarter, a Web site publishing the latest news as it breaks and a periodic e-mail alert linking readers to key stories, we're really taking our communications to the next level. Disney Vacation Club is dedicated to keeping Members in the loop, and this is another step forward in that effort."

I hope that means that the member website will be a little more reliable....

I just read this also. I look at this as a positive move as long as the site stays up. Its just one less e-mail I do not have to worry about..smjj

:confused:

I looked forward to seeing them pop in my inbox every month and liked reading them...

I hope that means that the member website will be a little more reliable....

Ditto. I will miss them, unless the website turns out to be better.

I will try and remain optimistic about DVC's member site being able to be relied on for even more content despite our experience with it in May...a string of denied log ons, the necessity of 10 calls in 8 days to MS to get access back, vacation point usage being unavailable, vacation plans being unavailable, and a bevy of generic error messages that no information on anything was available.

If DVC truly wants members to rely on the site to monitor our points and reservations and dues and keep the calls to MS down, they can't offer us a source that suffers from such frequent access denial problems as the current site. If no one trusts it, it will only increase calls to MS to "double check" info. I know after someone posted about May 16 AKV reservations getting "inadvertently" cancelled I kept trying to view ours online to no avail...had to call MS for the relief of confirmation until the paper version arrived in the mail almost two weeks later.

So, here's hoping....

I will try and remain optimistic about DVC's member site being able to be relied on for even more content despite our experience with it in May...a string of denied log ons, the necessity of 10 calls in 8 days to MS to get access back, vacation point usage being unavailable, vacation plans being unavailable, and a bevy of generic error messages that no information on anything was available.

If DVC truly wants members to rely on the site to monitor our points and reservations and dues and keep the calls to MS down, they can't offer us a source that suffers from such frequent access denial problems as the current site. If no one trusts it, it will only increase calls to MS to "double check" info. I know after someone posted about May 16 AKV reservations getting "inadvertently" cancelled I kept trying to view ours online to no avail...had to call MS for the relief of confirmation until the paper version arrived in the mail almost two weeks later.

So, here's hoping....

I believe a new member website will be debuting sometime soon. Time will only tell if the new site will be any better to navigate or more reliable.

I must live under the "lucky" DVC moon. I have never had the problems reported on here with the member site so this is fine with me.

The only problem I had was yesterday, I could get on but not see points due to maintenance, but it was clearly identified so it wasn't a real problem.

While I must live under the same moon as CarolA, since I have also not ever had any massive issues with the site, I am hoping for a new and improved site. I find the current one to be poorly designed and laid out.

Interesting...when on the site today, I was asked to take a survey specifically about the website. Never had this before, though I always seem to get randomly selected for the phone survey!

I must live under the "lucky" DVC moon. I have never had the problems reported on here with the member site so this is fine with me.

The only problem I had was yesterday, I could get on but not see points due to maintenance, but it was clearly identified so it wasn't a real problem.
Since the day of the AKV opening booking, I've been able to see my points/reservations less than half the time I look.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter