No need to use the Rennervate Spell this Christmas..update 5/11

I appreciate everyone who followed along on this 4 day leg of our trip that took almost 4 months to write! Looking back after writing this trip report, I realize that we accomplished more than I thought at the time during our stay at Universal. I was so disappointed during the trip. We loved our stay at the RPR, and I have learned now in reflection the value of taking the afternoon off from touring. I know that next time, I need to schedule a lot more down time and it is okay to take a break. When I planned the trip and as it was progressing I was trying to see and do it all…thinking that I would never get Jeff to agree to another trip. I wish that we would have taken even more to time to enjoy the little details instead of rushing here and there (but that would take a complete change in my personality to do that). The RPR was as nice as I remember, maybe even nicer with the added bonus of using the pool on this trip with the family. The crowd was easily tamed with the on site express pass and early entry to WWofHP, without those things there would have been no way with the crowds to do much of anything…but that is what you expect at a major holiday time.

I was shocked how much Ab and Aaron loved Spiderman. :confused3 It seemed we kept coming back to that ride when we were at IOA.

I loved the time we spent in WWofHP and seeing their eyes dance in delight as the places in the books became real right in front of them. The single rider line will always be our ticket to enjoying FJ as many times as we want.

Getting wet with Boo on Barge Rats was worth the memory that I created for him. Running back and forth between shops in WWofHP without having a meltdown on Ab was a true test of my patience and when I see her wearing the scarves I am glad I did it. Spending time sipping butter beer away from the crowds was the best...we spent time together and actually talking to each other. I watched in amazement as Ab smiled, and smiled, and smiled...she has had a rough couple of years with mean girls at school and this was a chance for her to enjoy herself. I still am shaking my head about her love for character interactions...wait til she gets to WDW! I knew before hand that Goo was still a little young for Universal...and he was, next time!

So the question is when will we get back for another round of butter beer? Probably no time soon, but if Universal will expanded WWofHP as rumor has it, well you can bet we will be there…after all we are leaving Harry waiting!

I invited to you follow us as we move to WDW

A No Snooze Bar Christmas, Harry and Mickey are Waiting

Where I try to answer these questions...

Will Jeff Continue to be left behind?
Will Ab recover quickly from her bout with the stomach bug (and will I finally get it, too)?
Will Goo meet his hero, Lightning McQueen?
Will the weather stay decent for your trip and the kids get more pool time?
Will Boo get on EE and Space Mtn, without me dragging him screaming and kicking?
Will Boo get me on Kali River Rapids?
Will I continue to push my family with my commando touring plans?

Fantastic report! Thanks for sharing the amazing photos, wonderful descriptions and highs and lows of your trip!

I'll be joining you over on the Disney TR board for the rest of your trip. Where I suspect things will not always go exactly according to plan, but your family will have a spectacular vacation nonetheless.

Dee

BTW- Happy Mother's Day- hope your family is treating you well.

yay, I finally caught up!! The Grinch meal sounded very cool!! And my DD was always anti character meetings until she discovered Duffy bear and then she amazed me by being SAD that we didn't stick around to catch some photos of her with the minions and others from that movie bc they just happened to be out the day we were there. We tried to catch them again the next day but bc the attraction hadn't opened yet their appearances were very sporadic and nobody was able to tell us if or when they would appear again. You just never know who those teens will decide is worth posing with. LOL

I can't beleive the line up for The Mummy was 140 minutes!!! ACK!!! and DD LOOOVED Spider Man too!! She hated it last time (not sure why) but this time she couldn't get enough of it.

Enjoyed your TR of Universal!! Some day I'm still hoping to find time to catch up on the rest of your report too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter