No One Knows How Far I’ll Go - Comments Welcome

4/11/2022 - Training Recap

Training Plan - 8 reps at 30/30 walk/run x 2; 2 minute break between sets with calf raises and moonwalk

I wound up skipping my Friday and Sunday runs. I compete in agility with my dogs (think doggie obstacle course) and there was a local event over the weekend.

254345080_10209732480946853_4219826543469049730_n.jpg

My original plan was to get to the gym on Friday night after the event and then do Sunday’s run on Saturday (no agility for me this day), but these events have been causing my feet to act up recently and this time was no different. If I had been training for something specific, I probably would have done it, but it seemed like the risk wasn’t worth the potential reward in this case.

I also found that it was also hard to motivate myself - and much easier to skip the runs - because I still didn’t have a plan from my PT. I realize now how important it is to me to have a training plan in place at all times. Otherwise, it’s too easy for me to let things start to slide. This isn’t a new revelation - just a quick reminder that this fundamental fact hasn’t changed.

I did get myself to the gym on Monday night and I replicated Wednesday’s training run. Again, it felt very good with no pain in my feet and no tightness in my calves. My stamina and endurance are pretty poor, but one thing at a time.

Yesterday I finally got my training plan set up for the next three weeks. It’s not super aggressive - not that I thought it would be - but it’s starting to add long enough runs that I can work up a sweat and feel like I’ve done something at the end. Jay liked my idea of 2 sets of reps with a short break in the middle and incorporated it into the plan twice each week. I also have back to back runs every week (Sunday and Monday) which is progress. However, I did also get a “just be smart” warning as part of my instructions for the plan. I’m beginning to think that Jay really does know me too well!

I’m looking forward to Marathon Weekend registration day on Tuesday. There’s a little nervousness (both about getting what I want and just the “holy cannoli, what did I just get myself into?”), but mostly it’s just excitement to finally get it set in stone. I’ve been 100% committed to Dopey for quite awhile so there’s no question about what I’m entering.

dopey-challenge-2023-walt-disney-world-marathon-rundisney.jpeg

I still need to pin down K, my best friend/travel partner/support crew for Marathon Weekend about what she wants to run, if anything. In the past, we’ve done the MW 5K together, but she keeps saying that she wants to actually do the training (in the past her training has been haphazard at best) and move up to the 10K. I sent her Jeff Galloway’s 5K and 10K runDisney plans a couple of weeks ago and we talked through the natural progression to work up to the 10K, but I’m not sure that she has actually done anything. I see a “come to Jesus” moment happening over the weekend as she will need to make a final decision. Frankly, I’d love to see her commit to the 10K because a) I think that it will help her start running seriously (in my experience, fear can be a good motivator and I know that she is intimidated by the 10K distance) and b) it’s less likely than the 5K to sell out before I can get her registered. The downside is that a) if she doesn’t actually do the work, it’s going to be a disaster with her being super sore or getting hurt, b) with the 5K, we could go as slowly as she needed, but that isn’t an option with the 10K pace requirement, and c) the 10K is my favorite distance - if not always my favorite Disney course - and I’m worried that it’s going to be hard to balance running my race with running with someone else.

Anyway, more to come on this, I’m sure.

16682026_1901104380101112_5277993434856774165_n.png

Anyone interested in playing travel agent for me on this one?

The above was said partially in jest, but maybe I do actually need a travel agent to keep me on track.

J and I hashed out and, after looking at things twenty different ways, we decided to fly out on the Wednesday afternoon non-stop. Because Universal offers better hotel discounts the longer you stay, the extra night was only going to cost us about $100. Decision made and booked it! Or so I thought.

The next day J sent me an email, asking which day - Wednesday or Thursday - we decided on. I confirmed it was Wednesday. Oops, she had booked Thursday. Off she went to correct it. Then today, I got a promotional email from Southwest which made me think about looking at the SW website to see if the cost of our flights had dropped at all. I was surprised to find that they come down almost 2,000 points. Score! But when I went in to do the change, apparently I had originally also booked the Thursday afternoon flight. What are the chances of both of us making the same mistake?

Thankfully, In the end, it was not a big deal. I was able to move my flight from Thursday to Wednesday and get the points refunded. Then J rebooked her flight and got her points back. But I am really, really, really glad that it occurred to me to check the prices today and that I caught my mistake before it got to be a problem.

4/13-4/17/2022 - Training Recap

Training Plan:
Wednesday - 8 reps at 30/30 walk/run x 2; 2 minute break between sets + Personal training with Tristan
Friday - 9 reps at 30/30 walk/run x 2; 2 minute break between sets - Nope, substitute walk only
Sunday - 16 reps at 30/30 walk/run

Wednesday’s gym time went a little sideways as the gym double-booked Tristan’s sessions. So I had the option of 1. Skipping my warm-up and stretching to get my run in before my session (bad idea, I know), 2. Staying at the gym extra long and taking the next slot that Tristan had available (not a great idea because I’m trying to prioritize getting to bed at a reasonable hour), or 3. Taking my chances with running after my session. I went with #3. Thankfully, it wasn’t a hard leg day and everything worked out. Combining the two even gave me a bit of a “runner’s high” which I enjoyed and have been missing with doing such short workouts.

I had solid plans for Friday’s workout, but when I got to the gym, I ran into a gym friend that I hadn’t seen since March 2020. I joined her walking the track - thinking that we would have a quick chat and then I’d do my run. Aaaaand that didn’t happen. After all, we had almost two years to get caught up on. A half an hour later, she needed to leave and I had to figure out what Plan B was. My first instinct was to try to do the planned workout. It probably wasn’t the best idea, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. I did two intervals and my feet were already chirping at me so I just figured that the walk that I did was good enough and called it a night. Live to run another day! But the socializing was worth the missed run.

The weather was almost perfect for running today which was a good thing since the gym was closed for the holiday. The first part of the run went really, really well. Everything felt easy and I was moving well, practicing my midfoot strike and lean. And then it all fell apart about rep #12. Both calves started cramping (right first, then left) and I started getting stabbing pain in my heels. I managed to finish the run without missing an interval, but it’s not how I wanted to finish. The good news is that everything settled back down as soon as I finished my run. In retrospect, I know that I started getting greedy and pushing things a little too much. Also, 16 reps is the longest that I’ve gone in one session in a while so I’m pretty sure that I should have taken this slower than normal, not faster which is what I was doing. I let my natural impatience with the process get the better of me today. But tomorrow’s another day, Scarlett, and I will try to do better.

c1b3a8560e68649cae159e5cf1868ad9.jpg

Another couple of pieces fell into place for Marathon Weekend:

1. I had a very long talk with K and she is 95% certain that she is in for the 10K - and the best news is that she is dedicated to actually doing the training. She is still intimidated by the idea of running (she has a history of jumping into training too hard and then winding up injured), but is committed to regularly walking to build a solid base and doing the strength exercises and then gradually adding in the running. I know that she can do it - I’ve seen how well the Galloway method works - but she’s working on believing it.

2. I had a 40% off coupon from Kohl’s and bought a bunch of running shirts and tanks to possibly use for Marathon Weekend. Once I decide on a theme, I have a friend that can do custom vinyl designs for me. I don’t have any brilliant ideas for MW yet, but I figure that if I have the shirts, I have some options. I’ve been looking at Etsy, Pinterest, etc. for something to jump out at me. I know that I have tons of time, but I’m trying to not leave everything to the last minute, particularly now that I know how crazy things are going to get between work, training, and the holidays. Right now I’m stuck between these three for Wine & Dine, but that’s as far as I have gotten.

6ae267a6c4229e7327ba704268829ea7--disney-quotes-about-love-quotes-about-moving-on.jpg

6c27d7ae-a637-4d76-a952-6cdeafa0367f_1.b136b59b433e2e18daaa634954b94e32.jpeg

a35029642f208958b4cc908398453aee.jpg

3. I got a couple more discounted gift cards (10% off) for Tuesday’s registration. I have a couple more to get, but I can do that tomorrow after work. I will say that I’m going to be VERY upset if I run into another Disney IT glitch similar to what I did for Wine and Dine, particularly with an $800+ gift card that I would have no use for.

It’s going to be hard to sleep tomorrow night. Registration is kind of like Christmas morning for adults.

I’m not going to bury the lead tonight. Registration today was…interesting! There are so many other words that I could use - frustrating, irritating, crazy, nerve-wracking to name a few - but I’m going to stick with interesting.

Like almost everyone else, I got set up early. I opened two browsers - one on my work desktop and one on my personal laptop - and entered the queue as soon as Dopey became available. Then I logged in on two different browsers on the same computers and my tablet and started watching the atomic clock. I entered the queue on both computers and then my tablet at 10 a.m. - and waited. And refreshed the DIS thread again and again and again. I think that the thread kept me sane through the whole thing. The camaraderie and everyone’s sense of humor were beyond belief. I was laughing more than I would have at a comedy club. No one got cranky or nasty with each other and everyone did their best to deal with a bad situation.

In the end, I got lucky when Disney finally got their act together. My tablet (note: the last device that entered the queue) started at 6 minutes and then my desktop was at 8 minutes. Then they swapped, which made me happy as I really wasn’t looking forward to trying to type all of my information on the tablet. Then I made almost a fatal mistake. I grabbed my Dopey registration and was so anxious that I accidentally hit “pay now” instead of “proceed with another registration.” AAAAAAAHHHHH!! But I used the knowledge gained from my Wine and Dine fiasco and knew that trying to force it to go back wasn’t going to end well. I went through the process and paid for Dopey and then transferred to my tablet to register K for the 10K. Thankfully, I had the tablet ready to go so it wasn’t as bad as it could have been.

While I am happy that I got what I wanted in relatively short order (once registration finally got underway at least), it is tarnished by how many people that I “know” from online that didn’t. I feel so badly for them and I wish that there was something that I could do for them. I know how devastated I would be in their shoes. I don’t know what the solution to the problem is, but today was not a good day for runDisney. I suspect that there are a lot of people like me that were left with a pretty bad taste in their mouths after today’s events and I don’t think anyone will forget this for a long, long time.

But that being said, I’m IN FOR DOPEY!!!

Screenshot 2022-04-19 at 14-51-37 (102 unread) - sandersonam@yahoo.com - Yahoo Mail.png

Now the hard work begins! Sadly, I will stand by the statement that no matter how today went, it was probably going to be the easiest part of the weekend.

And lest, I forget…

Training Recap - 4/18/2022

Training Plan:
Monday - 12 reps at 30/30 walk/run

I felt okay after the back to back runs. I didn’t have any lingering issues from Sunday’s run and the 12 reps almost felt “easy.” While driving home, I started thinking about adjusting my interval times, but I’m trying not to change too many things too fast. I still need to get my run analysis done (it’s already paid for, I just need to video myself) and finish the next two weeks of the plan that Jay gave me. Then I’ll see where I go from there.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I decided tonight to stop the insanity.

dd1eda748e549c8f031cc597124d47a1.jpg

And what might that be? My left foot started getting sore right at the base of my toes over the weekend and I’ve been ignoring it/trying it on my own because that has served me well in the past (NOT!). Consequently, it has been getting progressively worse. At first, it was just if I was wearing my Oofos (which I do all of the time I am home due to my plantar fasciitis), but over the past couple of days, it’s become more painful in more circumstances. Tonight I still did my run, but for the first time, I started feeling it while running. Then afterward, I went on my hands and knees to do some mountain climbers and it hurt. Game over!

I was also talking to Tristan, explaining what had been going on, and I realized how stupid I sounded in trying to justify not contacting my PT because I wanted to continue to do my runs (“but they are going so well and I’m finally getting somewhere”). That’s what got me in so much trouble with the plantar fasciitis in the first place! I decided to stop the insanity and write the email, asking for help. I’m sure that I’m not going to like the advice (since I would bet on the fact that my next run on Friday isn’t going to be happening), but short-term loss for long-term gain.

(Yeah, I gotta keep reminding myself of this over and over and over again)

Aaaaaand as I suspected, I got grounded by Steve. I am confined to the bike or the elliptical for a few days to let the inflammation go down. The good news is that he didn’t seem that concerned about it so I’m hopeful that some rest, heat, and vitamin I (ibuprofen) is all that I need. The other good news is that the elliptical is an option since I seriously dislike the bike. I spent over a month last fall limited to only the bike and I was bored out of my mind by it.

Lost in everything yesterday is that I also had a personal training session with Tristan and he absolutely killed me. Today has been one of those “I’m only moving when I have to because EVERYTHING hurts” days. It is exactly what I need and why I love working with Tristan, but ouch!

exercise.jpg

I thought that it is important to include/document what I posted in this week's Sundays are for Disney in the Marathon Weekend thread about my goals for Marathon Weekend.

To toe the line for Dopey healthy and well-trained/prepared. If finishing Dopey still doesn't happen, for whatever reason, I will be okay with it. No "what ifs" this time.

My plan to accomplish this is that:
  • I will give my body everything that it needs this year.
  • I will follow my PT's instructions to the letter and do regular maintenance check-ins throughout the year.
  • I will schedule regular massages.
  • I will make sure that I do the strength training.
  • I will give my body good nutrition and proper rest and recovery.
  • I will take off as many pounds as possible to save my joints and feet especially from extra wear and tear.

Last edited:
what a great goal! I love how you've listed out actionable items to achieve this and I can't wait to hear how it all goes down.

Training Recap - 4/20-5/1

I wound up dialing things way back for a week and guess what? Things got better. As usual, my PT was right.

My training wound up being:
Friday, 4/21 - Rest day
Sunday, 4/23 - Biked for 45 minutes
Monday, 4/24 - Rest day
Wednesday, 4/25 - Bike and ladder test
Friday, 4/27 - 10 minute test run
Sunday, 4/28 - 18 reps x 30 sec run/45 sec walk

The rest days wound up being necessary because even pedaling was putting pressure on my toes and was irritating them. By Monday, I was starting to get a little concerned because things didn’t seem to be improving so I threw everything at it - meds, socks, lots of heat, TENS unit, etc. - and it helped. By Wednesday, I felt good enough to try to do my ladder test (the first step in my PT’s return to run protocol) and that went well with no pain that night and minimal pain the next morning. I did my 10 minute test run on Friday and that felt good (no soreness/pain) although I could feel the effects of being off for a week.

I wasn’t sure where/how to pick up the training plan that I had so I just decided to do the run scheduled for today and re-evaluate as I went along. The one thing that I did, based on Friday’s run, was to lengthen the walk time. I had no problem doing the run and it felt very easy. I probably could have done the 30/30, but right now I’d rather err on the side of doing too little than too much.

I have a check-up PT appointment tomorrow morning and I’m kind of excited to find out what the next step in the plan is. I feel ready to start seriously ramping things up and I hope that they feel the same way.

Training Recap 5/2-5/5

Monday - Physical Therapy check-up appointment
Tuesday - 20 reps, 30 sec walk/30 sec run
Wednesday - Personal training with Tristan
Thursday - 25 reps, 30 sec walk/30 sec run

I saw Jay for a check-up on Monday morning and it went well. He manipulated my foot and didn’t find anything concerning. He was pretty sure that it was simply a side-effect of changing my run form and asking my body to do things in a new way. I still want to do my run analysis to make sure that I’m going in the right direction, but I feel better knowing that I’m (probably) not heading towards another injury.

Jay put me through the usual set of exercises, but upped the intensity again. He’s pretty good at that! I was dripping with sweat and I really wanted to come home and take a nap by the time I was done. Unfortunately, I couldn’t since I still had to go to work, which made me sad. It must have been a really good workout, judging by the sore muscles that I had for two days afterward.

I got another 3-week training plan, which builds up to a 40 minute run. I know that Steve’s theory, based on his experience, is that if an injury can handle 40 minutes, you’re good to go. I would really, really, REALLY like to get past that hurdle. That would give me about a month to build up my time and mileage before Dopey training begins.

One issue that I do have with the current training plan is that it has me running Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday this week. That schedule hasn’t worked for me in the past since it was me either running or doing some other training (PT on Monday, training session with Tristan last night) every weekday. That means no recovery days, which isn’t good, and that I don’t have any one evening to get the necessary “adulting” things - like doing laundry, shopping, paying bills, meal prep, etc. - done. I spotted it right away, but I figured that I could make it work. I was wrong! By yesterday afternoon, I was D-O-N-E and I wound up leaving work early to come home and take a nap. But it was a good lesson to learn. It reinforced that I need to stick to my Monday-Wednesday-Friday-weekend schedule and that Tuesday and Thursday need to be kept as rest days.

All in all Tuesday’s run went well. Last night I did a personal training session with Tristan. He had me doing a ton of exercises that required going up on my toes, which irritated my foot a little bit, but I used heat when I got home and it felt fine in the morning. The work that we did last night also made me realize that I need to do some serious balance work over the next week as I was all over the place on some of the exercises. There’s always something to work on, isn’t there?

Today’s run was a bit rough. The weather was absolutely perfect to run outside, but my feet and legs were very, very tired from the get-go. They were really squawking at me. I did what I needed to do and tried to think of it as practice for running on tired legs for Dopey. I realized afterward that this was the fifth day in a row that I’d exercised and that all of the days except for Sunday were “hard” workouts compared to what I have been doing so it isn't surprising. I am very happy to take tomorrow off.

On a completely different note, I am celebrating :cheer2: that my trainer passed his boards and is officially a Doctor of Physical Therapy. Now I've got two DPTs telling me what to do and trying to keep me on track. That must make me either very lucky or a big old hot mess. :rotfl: I've been working with him for 6 (?) years now - since he was working on his associates degree - and it seems crazy how far both of us have come.

Training Recap - 5/7-5/9

Saturday - 25 reps, 30 sec walk/30 sec run
Monday - 30 reps, 30 sec walk/30 sec run

I had to work at my second job on Saturday so I had to get up and out the door pretty early. The weather was absolutely perfect - sunny and crisp with a slight breeze. If only every day could be like this, running would be a dream. The run was comfortable as my legs felt a million times better after having a day off.

Today’s run couldn’t have been more different. I had something to do this evening so it was either immediately after work or going to the gym after 9 p.m. After work won, but I wasn’t thrilled because it was quite warm today and I haven’t acclimated to the heat yet. Also, my foot was sore at points during the course of my work day and I was worried that running was going to aggravate it. The foot remained sore at times, but my right calf tightened up within the first 10 minutes and the heel followed suit. It’s been a while since that happened. It was too tight to stretch so I wound up walking through some run intervals and doing what I could. Looking back, I should have just bailed on the running and walked the whole thing. It probably would have served the same purpose in my training plan and would have given my foot some rest as well. But in the heat of the moment, I got stuck in an “all or nothing” mentality.

To say the least, I was frustrated after my run. But later this evening, I got one of those “I needed to hear this” reminders from the universe. I was listening to a quick video that my PT does and he mentioned that, for people training for fall races, there are 6-8 weeks before training begins and that now is the time to get the basics down. It reminded me that now is the time to be focusing on my PT/strength exercises - which I admit that I haven’t been religious about doing over the past couple of weeks. Now is also the time to take an extra rest day if needed and let the foot heal properly. It isn’t an injury right now, but it could become one if I’m not careful. Now is the time to work on getting some weight off and setting up some healthy eating habits. None of those are on my training plan, but they are important nonetheless.

In the end, I suppose that today’s run served a purpose as I’m not sure that I would have been open to that message if I hadn’t had such a rough time this evening. It’s funny how that happens.

Training Recap - 5/11-5/15

Wednesday - Personal training; no run
Friday - 40 minute bike (supposed to be 20 reps 30 sec run/30 sec walk)
Saturday - 60 minute bike (supposed to be 30 reps 30 sec run/30 sec walk)

Taking some time off from running has been HARD, but it has been the right thing to do.

Wednesday’s training with Tristan made me laugh. I had already determined that I wasn’t going to do my scheduled run and that I was going to set the parameters for our session that I couldn’t do anything that required going up on my toes. The previous session we had done a lot of things like lunges, mountain climbers, etc. that irritated my foot. Well, Tristan took me at my word and we did the ENTIRE workout on the floor. Thankfully, it wasn’t all core work - although there was a fair amount. After all of these years, I suppose that I should have known better than to challenge his creativity. It was definitely a different type of workout, but it kept things interesting.

I was pretty proud of the biking that I did in place of this weekend’s back to back runs. First off, I had a hard time not doing the runs, but I knew that I needed more time off my feet. Second, I intensely dislike long periods on the bike. But I didn’t want to blow off the workouts completely so I figured that I could suck it up and double up the time on the bike. It wasn’t fun, but I felt good once it was done. And I definitely felt Friday’s ride in my legs when I got on the bike on Saturday so the effort must have been appropriate.

I did some light running in agility class today and the foot felt pretty good. I’m on the fence about whether I should do tomorrow’s run or not. I don’t want to go backward by pushing things too far too fast and there are some more important runs coming up later in the week (back to back runs on Wednesday and Thursday and then the all-important 40 minute run on Saturday). Actually, as I type that, I know that the right thing is to head back to the bike tomorrow. Live to run again another day!

Training Recap - 5/16-5/19

Monday - 30 minute bike (supposed to be 30 reps, 30 sec run/30 sec walk)
Wednesday - Personal training; 25 reps, 30 sec run/30 sec walk
Thursday - 30 reps, 30 sec run/30 sec walk

I did the smart thing and stuck to the bike on Monday. It wasn’t fun (it was late, I was tired, and I hated the bike at that particular moment), but I did it. But it was worth it. By Tuesday and Wednesday, my foot felt almost 100% - even first thing in the morning. I will admit that I was pretty nervous about running yesterday. The whole run it was like “What is that twinge? Is that going to go away or get worse? Am I striking too far up on my toes?” Yep, overthinking at its best. But I got it done and nothing elevated past a 1 or maybe 2 on the pain scale. Then I went and worked out with Tristan who found all sorts of new ways to make me work.

My body was a little cranky with me this morning.although I was thrilled that it was all soreness and no pain. I also suspect that most of it came from Tristan’s workout and not as much from the actual running. Check that box! I did tonight’s run outside after work and it was a little harder than yesterday - it took longer to warm up and I started feeling the loss of conditioning by the end of the run - but again, there was no pain. The final test will be when I wake up in the morning, but I haven’t felt anything tonight that worries me.

Assuming that everything goes okay, I should be ready for my 40 minute run this weekend. Originally, I was going to do it on Saturday, but something came up and I have had to shift it to Sunday. Mentally, I know that it is going to be rough from a cardio standpoint - the last time I did more than a 30 minute run was the half marathon on Marathon Weekend in January - but getting it done is going to be a big step for me. And this time I feel like I am finally truly ready to do it pain-free.

Wish me luck!

I'm thrilled to say that my feet felt good this morning - a little sore/tight for the first couple of steps - but nothing big. Happy dance!

download (2).jpg

I sooooooo want to do that 40 minute run today! I know that it's a terrible idea - and I'm not going to do it - but that doesn't mean that I want it any less. Since that's off the table, I suppose that I will be good and do my strength exercises instead.

download (1).jpg

Okay, whine over!

Disney Planning Update

I had some good news today. My best friend/Marathon Weekend travel partner, K, had her job eliminated at the start of the year - right before we left for MW in fact - and she has been looking for a new job. She had a great interview today for an awesome job opportunity. It would be a huge step up for her including a nice salary increase, would be relatively close to two airports that Southwest flies out of (she could even drive to Buffalo and we could travel together), and she would be on school break every year for Marathon Weekend. I'm crossing my fingers and everything else that this works out for her. It would be soooooo perfect.

As a child of the 90's, I was also happy to see that Boyz II Men will be at Epcot the night of the Wine and Dine after-party. That spurred J and I to start thinking and talking about what our priorities are for the party. I definitely want to ride Remy - I love Ratatouille - and she is very interested in Guardians of the Galaxy. It's been years since either of us have been to Epcot (other than running through it of course) so I suspect that we are going to wind up trying to pack a lot into the evening. I can't wait for the food booth menus to be released!

Training Recap

Sunday - 40 reps, 30 sec run/30 sec walk

Run complete!!! It wasn’t pretty or easy, but I did it. I wound up throwing in a few extra walk breaks and then modifying the run/walk intervals to 15 sec run/30 sec walk for the last 10 minutes. Mentally I was intimidated by the length of time so I got conservative/questioned my ability to do it. I need to work on this because I tend to get inside my own head a lot when running and it really gets in my way. If I want to succeed at doing hard things - like, oh, Dopey - I need to stop being afraid to push my limits and even to fail at times. I won’t know what my limits are if I never test them.

But at the end, there was NO pain or tightness in either foot. My legs were tired tonight (which is to be expected considering that I asked them to do more than they are used to), but again no pain so far. If I can say the same thing in the morning - and I have no reason to believe that I won’t - I’m golden.

I’m anxious about tomorrow morning’s PT appointment. I shouldn’t be because things have gone really well, but I am. I have two main objectives for the appointment - get released to up my time/mileage more significantly and go over Dopey training plans with Steve to make sure that he feels they are appropriate for me - and I really, really, really want them to happen. That is what has me up at 3:30 in the morning, writing this blog post because I can’t sleep. I know that everything needs to happen in its own time. This journey keeps reminding me of that repeatedly. But it would be really nice if the universe could throw me a bone this time.

Was stuck on the TM this morning for my run (storms), so I listen to podcasts. This one was about running. This person's mantra is "I can do hard things". Read your recap and just thought it fit so i wanted to tell you, tell yourself "I can do hard things!" :)

Was stuck on the TM this morning for my run (storms), so I listen to podcasts. This one was about running. This person's mantra is "I can do hard things". Read your recap and just thought it fit so i wanted to tell you, tell yourself "I can do hard things!" :)

Yes! This fits my situation perfectly and is the mantra that I need. Thank you sooooooo much for sharing it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter