No piano bar at ALL?

mrsfuzzmo

DIS Veteran
HELP! Can anyone tell me that there will be at least a piano bar on the Magic after dry dock? (Do they really have to put her into dry dock for the conversions or are they doing it in wet dock and everyone just keeps calling it dry dock?) ANYWAY....I know that they are discontinuing the dueling pianos show...sniff... I LOVE dueling piano shows and was very disheartened to hear that this one will be discontinued by the time I get onto the Magic (for the first time). Is there any other place onboard that they have piano music (other than background, you know, fun upbeat sing along stuff?).

I sure hope so. Can't wait to board on March 27th Western!

mrsfuzzmo

Well Diversions (replacing Off Beat) will have an upright piano (for a "honky tonk" kind of feeling (at least thats what the press release said). I don't know if anyone will actually be playing it or if it is just a prop.

There's still Sessions, nope that's not fun nor a sing a long type of place (its still the make out place)

The Promenade lounge will still be there and they have a "band" or a couple that plays and sings. That's kinda fun, but not like dueling pianos.

So I guess the real answer is no.

Although we really enjoyed Dueling Pianos on our first cruise, we got very bored of it the second time around. BUT, our first two cruises we enjoyed the entertainment in Sessions/Cadillac Lounge and Promenade equally as much. Both are great for pre-dinner cocktails.

Promenade is a lot of fun because if you have a second dinner seating, you can get some of the free snacks they put out, listen to the entertainment and enjoy seeing everyone dressed up walking to their dinner rotation. It's wonderful seeing the little ones all decked out in their Sunday best! :)

Thanks jrabbit. I guess we'll just have to make our own merriment......maybe at the pool bar! I don't think I've ever been on a ship that doesn't have a piano bar! Oh Well, I guess you can't have it all.

mrsfuzzmo:(

Originally posted by mrsfuzzmo
Thanks jrabbit. I guess we'll just have to make our own merriment......maybe at the pool bar! I don't think I've ever been on a ship that doesn't have a piano bar! Oh Well, I guess you can't have it all.

mrsfuzzmo:(

Wow, mrsfuzzmo. We posted at the same exact time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter