(No politics!!) how impacted will Guardians in Epcot be now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what he said, if it was about kids and assault there is absolutely no way to defend that on any level. Having said that. This why I'm not on Facebook, twitter etc. I have a warped sense of humor (especially after a martini or 2). In this age of hypersensitivity and ever increasing political correctness, even the most innocuous comment can offend "someone".
These weren't innocuous comments though. They were jokes about pedophilia.

In this age of hypersensitivity and ever increasing political correctness, even the most innocuous comment can offend "someone".

The thing is, though, this didn't happen because of hypersensitivity and political correctness. The person who dug up his tweets from ten years ago to stir up all of this is pretty open about his disdain for both of those things, to put it mildly. This way he gets to hurt someone he dislikes while also demonizing groups he dislikes as well.

It was a hit job, plain and simple, politics aside.

I don't think his tweets were defensible, but I also think that he had already dealt with concerns about his tweets and his earlier sense of humor back when he was hired. I thought a lot of things were funny ten or fifteen years ago that I would find utterly horrific now.

And like I said, Disney knew this was in his past when they hired him, because Shocking Edgelordery was literally in his resume.

The thing is, though, this didn't happen because of hypersensitivity and political correctness. The person who dug up his tweets from ten years ago to stir up all of this is pretty open about his disdain for both of those things, to put it mildly. This way he gets to hurt someone he dislikes while also demonizing groups he dislikes as well.

It was a hit job, plain and simple, politics aside.

I don't think his tweets were defensible, but I also think that he had already dealt with concerns about his tweets and his earlier sense of humor back when he was hired. I thought a lot of things were funny ten or fifteen years ago that I would find utterly horrific now.

And like I said, Disney knew this was in his past when they hired him, because Shocking Edgelordery was literally in his resume.

Which is another reason I don't do social media like this. If you post enough opinions or comments that gives a greater opportunity to take things out of context. AGAIN I'm in no way, shape or form defending him in the least. I am referring to me and me alone, I am very opinionated and not the most PC person around. I am smart enough to see that these platforms can create a situation where things go sideways very quickly.

I don't know what he said, if it was about kids and assault there is absolutely no way to defend that on any level. Having said that. This why I'm not on Facebook, twitter etc. I have a warped sense of humor (especially after a martini or 2). In this age of hypersensitivity and ever increasing political correctness, even the most innocuous comment can offend "someone".

Im right there with you. Social media will be the death of this country.

The petition on change.org to rehire Gunn has surpassed 300k signatures and still climbing.

So how would you find deleted tweets.
Well there is the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine site that archives everything or multiple other sites dedicated solely to archiving and finding deleted tweets. And that's just on the surface web. Go deeper and find everything.

Well there is the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine site that archives everything or multiple other sites dedicated solely to archiving and finding deleted tweets. And that's just on the surface web. Go deeper and find everything.
But Rian Johnson just made it incredibly much more difficult for anyone to find any possible tweet that may get him in trouble by deleting them. So still seems like a good idea that’s all I was saying not that there was no possible way for anyone to pull up his old tweets.

But Rian Johnson just made it incredibly much more difficult for anyone to find any possible tweet that may get him in trouble by deleting them. So still seems like a good idea that’s all I was saying not that there was no possible way for anyone to pull up his old tweets.

These archives operate the same way as the websites they are archiving, they simply save the website, so essentially you'd still be using the twitter website. It's no more difficult before he deleted anything. The hard part is still sifting through the posts looking for a specific thing.

Yeah, honestly, just digging through someone's twitter through ten years worth of tweets to find something bad would be difficult enough, even without them being deleted. I can't imagine that doing through archives is any trickier than just trying to find something on twitter proper.

To answer the original question, I agree that it's not going to impact the coaster. While Gunn obviously played a key role in developing Guardians, they're pretty much set as a team now. We saw them in Infinity War without a big change from their normal personalities. I suspect the coaster will go along as planned, with filming happening during Guardians 3 with a new director.

To answer the original question, I agree that it's not going to impact the coaster. While Gunn obviously played a key role in developing Guardians, they're pretty much set as a team now. We saw them in Infinity War without a big change from their normal personalities. I suspect the coaster will go along as planned, with filming happening during Guardians 3 with a new director.
Well Gunn did write all the dialogue for them in Infinity War, I think 3 will have a huge difference. But the ride won't be changed.

Well Gunn did write all the dialogue for them in Infinity War, I think 3 will have a huge difference. But the ride won't be changed.

Good points. The ride dialogue is probably already scripted or at least partially set. Guardians 3 is another thing entirely.

I mean, I'd tap Taika Waititi first and foremost. Abbrams can make an alright beginning, but if you want someone to come in and give a satisfying finale, it's Waititi.

I am worried, though, because there's rumor that the next targets will be Patton Oswalt and Sarah Silvermann. Which would probably impact the Ratatouille ride and any Wreck It Ralph stuff. (Also, I love Patton Oswalt and it was bad enough when folks were attacking him after his wife passed away.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter