• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No reservations left

AuntieKels

Mouseketeer
I procrastinated. :guilty:

I went to make reservations for Minnie and Friends at Plaza Inn and Lamplight Lounge reservations for mid-late September and literally every day and every time for our 5 days in the parks are completely books.

Should I troll the reservation page until the last minute for a reservation? Or should I go the walk-up route?

Thanks!

I would definitely keep trying; banking on a walk-up is always a dicey proposition (especially for a character meal). I think Lamplight is new and they aren't taking that many reservation. That one, at least, does allow for walk-ups in the upstairs seating area (old Cove Bar location), but with a more limited menu.

ALWAYS keep trying at random times of the day too. This is how I was able to score a Lamplight lounge reservation yesterday for this weekend. People almost always revise plans and cancel so don’t give up :)

I think based on your other post that you are staying at DLH. You can ask at the concierge desk and they sometimes have access to additional reservation availability for hotel guests.

I went to make reservations for Minnie and Friends at Plaza Inn and Lamplight Lounge reservations for mid-late September and literally every day and every time for our 5 days in the parks are completely books.

Should I troll the reservation page until the last minute for a reservation? Or should I go the walk-up route?

Thanks!
I think based on your other post that you are staying at DLH. You can ask at the concierge desk and they sometimes have access to additional reservation availability for hotel guests.
You can call the Disney Dining phone number, tell them you are staying onsite and need a dining reservation.
I have done this when online reservations are gone. There are a set number of space set aside for onsite guests.

Call soon and see if they have what you are looking for.
You will need to give them the hotel or package reservation information, so have that ready.

Good Luck

Geemo

Just like at WDW, we’re always able to grab reservations the day before thanks to the 24hr cancellation policy. Many people hang onto the reservations until the last minute, so just check in occasionally throughout the day before you’re wanting a specific reservation. :-)

Thanks!
When are you going and how many people. I am planning to cancel my Minnie breakfast reservation for 9/18 at 9am for a party of two.

Defiantly try the “hotel guest” option via Disney Dining. We were able to get a couple reservations that way that I couldn’t get via the app

Thanks!
I was looking for this earlier and couldn't find it.
This will tell you all you need to know on how to get a reservation as a hotel guest.
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/priority-reservations-hotel-guests/

There will be 4 of us. Darn.
I can help you find something if the Hotel Guest option doesn't get you what you need.

What are your dates, preferred times and locations.
You can message me if you don't want to post it here.
Geemo

They do take walk ins at Lamplight Lounge for the restaurant portion where you get full access to the menu. We did it a few weeks ago when they opened for the day.

I was in a similar situation not too long ago...something should open up. Like everyone said, if you are onsite, call and see if you can get a reservation. If not, just check everyday until then.

Ditto - keep trying! Quite possible you will see something open up even the day prior or day off, as others have said. And definitely, if you are staying onsite, use that connection!

Definitely keep trying. We are here now and did Fantasmic dining package at River Belle. It was so amazing that we wanted to do it again on our last night but this time at Blue Bayou. No reservations left as of last night. Tried again this morning and one had opened up. I would check daily as almost certainly someone will cancel.

I try to snag last min reservations (as in less than 30 days out), using both the app and website. Keep checking on the app while shopping, running errands, sitting in meetings. I also keep multiple pages up for different times/locations on my laptop in the evening. Quicker to refresh pages that way. The app can get laggy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter