No storm along Bay ?

If Disney is not opening SAB at all, and if it is due to the cost of running it only for BCV, I actually think that is understandable. My only issue with Disney is that it appears they will open it for the small population of NBA players and guests at YC when they were not going to for DVC guests.

You could really say the same things about the Poly pool. I would think the operation of it is usually paid for primarily by resort guests. But they did not indicate that they would not be opening that pool and only make the oasis pool available for DVC guests.
exactly ever single other pool (except for I'd assume Jambo since NO ONE is staying there) will be open. There are far less NBA players staying at Yacht than there are BCV owners who by the way have, ALREADY paid their dues for the year. Can't say it cost too much to run for the DVC owners but then run it for less people! They should have announced as soon as they knew it would be closed so people wouldn't book there. I would still happily be staying at Boardwalk if I knew the pool would be closed. They didn't tell anyone then my waitlist came through, just a couple of days later they announced it wouldn't be open. Had I known I would have cancled my wait list. Now I'm stuck as there is no where else I can move to.

I think you can say it costs too much to open when only a small portion of BCV owners' dues go toward the cost, but then assess a (large) group probably the entire cost of operating it for the few weeks they'll be there.

As for not announcing it right away, didn't Disney first publish which pools would be open/closed, then finalize the NBA arrangement? And wasn't it finalized just a week ago?

I do get the point. But, DVCM has no legal authority to absorb the entire cost of running SAB on behalf of the owners Without consent and a special assessment.

They also can’t simply change the points charts to refund guests. It is a violation of the contract and the timeshare laws It has nothing to do with Disney.

So yes, it stinks that those staying at BCV won’t have access to the pool...but as long as Disney has no income from YC and BC, they are not going to pay the extensive cost to run it and DVC owners can’t force them too

As I said, I understand that people are upset, but I don’t think people should be putting out misleading information In why SAB isn’t opening right now and most likely won’t open until YC and BC are open for cash guests.

ETA. My responses have been to posts claiming it is part of DVC ownership and that owners should not have to pay the same points...not that it stinks that Disney has chosen not to open those two places to cash guests yet.

i don’t think anyone is challenging the legality of it lol what most (including myself) are mad we weren’t told at all and or when we were told we were lied too and blamed on covid. I know legally disney doesn’t have to do a lot of the things they do, but when they do they call it “magic”. i think most were hoping they sprinkled some of that on this instead of lies and deceit. It’s the whole reason we go to disney and stay loyal, we always know in the end disney will make it right and that’s why you pay an arm and a leg. So my intention of starting the post was the shine light to this in hopes they do. As 1 voice is never enough

Maybe I am not seeing this right, aren't the guests who are now being relocated from their existing resort reservations, the "cash people", to only various vacation club facilities? That doesn't make them "DVC owners", subject to the intricacies of the contracts, they are still cash paying guests. Disney relocated these cash paying guests from a resort with a very nice pool, for sure the Deluxe resorts, to what should be a comparable resort. If SAB is open to some cash paying guests and not others it is just wrong. Saying because you were moved to a room in a resort that only partially contributes to its upkeep is irrelevant. The customer is still paying the cash, Disney decided to accept the cash and short change you on what you had purchased and want to blame it on a contract technicality? Completely negates the argument that the guests can use the pool at the Boardwalk, as if your room at the BC/YC has always helped cover the costs of that pool. Under normal circumstances you could't even get in to another resorts pool. Also, talks for this deal have been under way for several months.

Maybe I am not seeing this right, aren't the guests who are now being relocated from their existing resort reservations, the "cash people", to only various vacation club facilities? That doesn't make them "DVC owners", subject to the intricacies of the contracts, they are still cash paying guests. Disney relocated these cash paying guests from a resort with a very nice pool, for sure the Deluxe resorts, to what should be a comparable resort. If SAB is open to some cash paying guests and not others it is just wrong. Saying because you were moved to a room in a resort that only partially contributes to its upkeep is irrelevant. The customer is still paying the cash, Disney decided to accept the cash and short change you on what you had purchased and want to blame it on a contract technicality? Completely negates the argument that the guests can use the pool at the Boardwalk, as if your room at the BC/YC has always helped cover the costs of that pool. Under normal circumstances you could't even get in to another resorts pool. Also, talks for this deal have been under way for several months.

Right now, SAB is closed for all guests. Once it opens to any guests...not counting nBA as we dont know if they will use or not...but regular cash guests, BCV will also be able to use it again.

Maybe I am not seeing this right, aren't the guests who are now being relocated from their existing resort reservations, the "cash people", to only various vacation club facilities? That doesn't make them "DVC owners", subject to the intricacies of the contracts, they are still cash paying guests.
Have there been many/any negative comments from this specific group of vacationers? I haven't noticed any, but I'm not necessarily keenly observant. Everything I've read seems to be coming from DVD owners?

But they have to have a place for the NBA. That's the whole point. Looks like they're opening a bunch of resorts very soon since the CM's are being called back to many of them. The only reason the YC will be closed is to house the NBA for whatever time they are there. The reasoning that they wouldn't have opened it except for the NBA coming is shot. But, they need the players to have only the best and there's no question but that SAB is the best pool on site. I'll take all the I told you so's in the world if that pool isn't open for them.

And if today's 2.5 hr waits to make reservations for dining while the parks are closed, and only for resort guests at that, is any indication of demand, good luck on getting pool time when they combine people with BW's pool.
[/QUOTE

My reservation isn't even when the NBA is there...so that excuse doesn't fly! Plus...my point is...why close your biggest pool....to put people in smaller pools that will be closer in proximity with one another! Just close all the pools down then!

Have there been many/any negative comments from this specific group of vacationers? I haven't noticed any, but I'm not necessarily keenly observant. Everything I've read seems to be coming from DVD owners?
i don’t think most casual disney goers even know its happening. typically DVC owners are more in tune because we all have more invested. i’m sure once it opens and ppl realize what happened to them and they got bait and switched the front desk woll
be busy lol

Maybe I am not seeing this right, aren't the guests who are now being relocated from their existing resort reservations, the "cash people", to only various vacation club facilities? That doesn't make them "DVC owners", subject to the intricacies of the contracts, they are still cash paying guests.
No these "Cash" guests are really guests of Disney. Disney is an owner of at least 2-5% of each individual DVC and with the 60 day breakage clause they get any available units that were not reserved by other "owners". Much the same way other "owners" can have guests or "rent" their points out for "Cash".

I just wish we could all wait to see when or if SAB is open for exclusive use by the NBA teams. Currently is is not open to anyone and we should not expect it to open until both the YC and BC are reopened next month.

Dave

There is no bait and switch.

What evidence exists that Stormalong won't open when the YC/BC Deluxe resorts reopen?

It still stinks! SAB is one of the main reasons I bought BCV and why I reserved our two villas for July way back in September.

As others have noted, SAB isn't available to anyone and there's no evidence it will be open to the NBA while they are at the YC. Regarding the Boardwalk pool, not only is it a much smaller and cheaper pool to operate than SAB, but also BWV makes up a larger percentage of the BW property than BCV compared to the non-DVC Y&BC. There are approximately 375 rooms at BWI compared to 550 or so villas at BWV.

We have a reservation for a 2 bedroom villa at BCV from Aug 21-31. We aren't DVC owners and reserved the room with an AP discount a few months ago. $980 per night for 10 nights. We are willing to pay that if the pool is open because our toddlers could spend 3 hours a day on the sand bar. I have been told that it "may" open when YC and BC open on August 24, but there is no confirmation on that yet. I just reserved 2 rooms at The Swan for $123 each per night with AP discount. BCV is not worth almost $1000 per night without the pool.

You are confusing DVC and Disney, It really is not to up to CMs that work for DVC to let you know what will or will not be open when it is posted on the Disney website, and the link to the openings are on the DVC website.

Absolutely, DVC owners have changed as those rooms are now open....because, as you said, it is a big draw.

But, as you mentioned, they can’t adjust the points It would be illegal for them to do that...so BCV will remain with a lower occupancy until it is open..

The good news for those at BWV is that there will be fewer people wanting to go to Luna Park pool.
I was literally reading through this whole thread waiting for someone to point out DISNEY CAN NOT LEGALLY DISCOUNT THE POINTS. Thank you for saying what I wish I could have time traveled and said! Lol

I don’t know if she means SAB is opening, but a friend of mine who is a lifeguard coordinator at the water parks and had been temporarily put into a land-based assignment at Galaxy’s Edge reported today on FB that starting Sunday she will be in a swimsuit at Yacht and Beach. Possibly a good sign?

I hope they are able to open SAB soon. When we were there in July it was weird to see it closed. Also we didn't swim anywhere near as much as we would've had it been open. With limited park hours and other options it would've been great to able to swim in SAB.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter