North Europe Cruise Ports Open?

Chrissy-Mickey

DIS Veteran
While (all) cruise lines have been canceling their cruises well through May if not June, cruise ports are opening up in North Europe?

Some articles suggest yes, but I have not heard of this on mainstream media.

"Closed North European cruise ports aim to reopen in May"
https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/closed-north-european-cruise-ports-aim-reopen-may
And here if you go through the list you find info on Denmark and Finland opening their ports
https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5097/

No news or information from cruise lines hinting that they will actually start cruising. Holland America who has a large presence in that area has nothing available in June, though they did not yet cancel their July cruises.

Has anyone heard anything more about this, either supporting or contradicting this information?

I cancelled my August Baltic cruise. I plan on rebooking if they sail, but I figure we won't know anything until June/ July. I'm holding off mainly due to flight bans and I couldn't get cancel for any reason insurance. I figured to ports would be open by then.

Last edited:
when googling make sure you are reading correctly if they give a status to Cruise or Ferries. I can see in Dover the port opening up the ferries to the continent before they allow cruises to dock.. just my speculation though.

I don't think this information is out yet. Every country is taking the reopening really, really slow, loosing one thing and then waiting to see what happens. I don't think they have dates for this yet (they probably have an order in which things can be opened, but when this will happen, will depend on the effects of previous openings). I think the only thing they are cancelling further forwards are big events, everything else is just a slow wait and see

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter