Northwest Flights -seat allocations

Karyn.Phil

Earning My Ears
Hi

Just try to return all the help I get from the Dis boards by posting any things I find out.

We booked priceline flights to Orlando with Northwest Airlines via Detroit. I phoned the airline to check a few things and they were able to allocate seats for us on all the flights so we get window seats for the children and all sit together.

This service was free :) Amazing...a free thing!

This saves us a scrum at checkin and we can take our time checking in.

If anyone wants the number drop me a message.

Love

Karyn

just a note of caution. We travel with northwest all the time, as my F-I-L does a lot of business in Asia so we have frequent flyer miles. A year and a half ago we had assigned seats on a Northwest trip for 11 people. Well, when we got to the airport, all seating assignments had been cancelled. For some undisclosed reason and the whole plane had new seating assignments. My 3 children were all alone! When I went up to the agent to have it fixed they stated we would have to see if people were willing to move. Well, I said I hope someone enjoys sitting next to a 2 year old for 4 hours. They did eventually fix it. Me and 2 kids in one row. DH and 1 kid in another. The rest of the family scattered throughout the plane. Other than that we usually like Northwest.

Ditto Kidzmom,
Last time we flew Northwest (would not do it again) we booked seats in advance, then did not rush to check in. When we did were told that we would be sitting all over the place, we were not happy but no amount of complaining would get it changed!!!
I have to say it was the worst flight I have ever had, the connection in Detroit was a 5 hour wait, then that plane made some very strange noises on take off!!! I swore never again even if they gave flights away and I never will.
I sincerley hope that they are better now as this was in 1997.
Elle

Boy I'm really looking forward to this flight now!

Hope they don't lose my wedding dress too!

Karyn,
You do have my sincere apologies, I realise now it would have been best left unsaid!!
In my defence I have been to Fl heaps of times and now do expect good service from the Airlines. It was also 5 years ago that we flew with them, correct me if I am wrong but I think their parent company now is KLM with whom I have had some excellent flights (not Fl) .
Have a super time but make sure you check in a minimum of 3 hours before the flight to make sure of your seat allocation.
Sorry again,
Elle

No worries

I am a bit nervy at the moment due to wedding thingy...am not my usual model of cool :cool:

Luv

Karyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter