Not a full day - Would you do open-5PM or 2Pm-Close?

KayKayJS

DIS Veteran
Hi guys!! We will be in Anaheim this weekend for a quick trip to DCA (we'll be back in November for a long trip.)

We can either go this Sunday from around 2PM-Close or this Monday from Open-4/5PM.

Which one would you do? Im leaning towards Sunday as it means we can take part in the nighttime activities, but not sure if there would be any fastpasses left for Guardians, etc.

Thanks!

Monday at open. I feel like we hit more rides in the first 3 hours than the entire rest of the day. By 2:00 pm, RSR, Soarin', and Guardian FPs will be past your 4/5 PM window, if not completely sold out for the day. I would also get MaxPass.

I'd do Monday, if you can make rope drop. Being at the park early allows you to hit a lot of rides early, while lines are still short/non-existent.

Are you just doing DCA? If so, they open at 9:00 on Monday (DL opens at 8:00) but DCA has EMH, so in effect it opens at 8:00 to those with privileges.

If you're interested in doing attractions, then I would also opt for Monday from opening to about 4/5 pm. Just remember that Monday is the first day when the SoCal and SoCal Select APs are no longer blocked, so I would expect to see some uptick in crowds as the day progresses. If you get there at opening, you should be able to do a fair number of rides first thing in the morning (just note that last Monday, the security lines at opening were horrible, so allow time to get through security).

If you're only going to DCA, then this won't matter, but the main reason to do Sunday would if you're interested in seeing MSEP because that's the last day it's slated to run (at this point). The only real nighttime entertainment activity in DCA is WoC; if you were thinking of DL, (with MSEP, fireworks and F!) then I'd consider Sunday, but I wouldn't tackle the Sunday evening crowds just for WoC (though, you could still probably get a FP for WoC when you arrived).

Monday at open. I feel like we hit more rides in the first 3 hours than the entire rest of the day. By 2:00 pm, RSR, Soarin', and Guardian FPs will be past your 4/5 PM window, if not completely sold out for the day. I would also get MaxPass.

I'd do Monday, if you can make rope drop. Being at the park early allows you to hit a lot of rides early, while lines are still short/non-existent.

Are you just doing DCA? If so, they open at 9:00 on Monday (DL opens at 8:00) but DCA has EMH, so in effect it opens at 8:00 to those with privileges.

Hi!! Yes, we're just doing DCA since we only have around 8 hours. We will be back in November so I'm ok with it :)

It sounds like the consensus is Monday with maxpass. The good thing about Monday is the one day ticket is quite a bit cheaper!

I'm in support of rope-dropping it. The first two hours of park opening are bliss with the short lines!

On Monday, arrive at the entrance to Disney California Adventure 30 minutes before park opening.
Keep in mind with a later park opening (9am) it will be busier at security and at the entrance gates.

830am: Arrive at the entrance to Disney California Adventure. Once inside get to the Rope Drop near Little Mermaid. As you wait for the park to open, scan your park tickets into the app and purchase MaxPass. Now get FP for Radiator Springs Racers.

9am-1030am: When the park opens, head to Paradise Pier and ride Toy Story Midway Mania first, then California Screamin, Mickeys Funwheel, use MP to get FP for Soarin Around the World while in line for Jumpin Jellyfish, Symphony Swings, Zephyr,

1030am-1230pm: use MP to get FP for Grizzly while in line for Racers, ride Mater's, use MP to get FP for Guardians while in line for Soarin, ride Grizzly, ride Mermaid.

ME

agreed with the majority - rope drop to noon is where you can do the most rides/get the better fast passes. It stays pretty busy from noon onwards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter