Not excited for this trip at all…

We are locals (live 6 miles behind MK) with Annual Passes, and we are in the parks multiple times each week.

Yes, there are crowds on most days -- people are excited to finally be able to travel again. And yes a lot has changed in the parks from what things were like prior to Covid. Prices have gone up everywhere, not just at Disney. Supply chains continue to be impacted. Our world is different now.

All that to say that Disney can still be enjoyable when approached with the right attitude. If you don't want to get up early every morning, then don't. If using Genie+ and ILLS causes you stress, or you feel they are not worth the $ (in our opinion, they aren't), then don't buy them. If rope drop crowds cause anxiety for anyone in your travel party, then wait and go into the parks an hour later. In general, there is not much advantage to being in the parks early these days -- we find the crowds (and many of the attraction stand-by wait times) often tend to be lower in the evenings any ways. If you prefer to take a relaxed, slower paced approach to your vacation, then do it. Take time to look at all the small details that most people rush past and never see. Talk to the CMs and listen to what they have to share -- many of our most memorable experiences have come from conversing with Cast Members (and sometimes unexpected pixie-dust happens as a result).

The magic is still alive and well, even if the over-all experience has changed. It is all in how you choose to approach your vacation.
Happ to hear you are still finding the magic and enjoying your visits!
However, be mindful that your perspective as someone who visits multiple times a week will be very different from someone on a once and a lifetime trip, or someone who travels to WDW on a far less frequent basis. Yes, magic can be found in small experiences… but people aren’t paying thousands of dollars to chat with CMs and take in the small details; and for many with children that certainly won’t fly as a memorable vacation! You have the luxury of coming and going, many others don’t.

Yes. I am in this same situation now for a trip coming up. I am not a Negative Nelly person, but I am just SO discouraged by what I have read, the changes, etc. Like you, I told my kids we would go before I knew of all the negative changes. Making me more discouraged is that this is my first trip going since I have known I have celiac disease, and I cannot get dining reservations any of the places people recommend for good gluten free experiences. So, I have zero ADRs.
ANYway, I am wondering and hoping that your trip turned out fabulous and fun! Any update? I can still cancel mine for a few more days...
I would try to contact the Disabilities Guest Services line and see if they can work with you to get some ADRs booked where you feel comfortable.
Check over on the disABILITIES forum. There’s a sticky at the top with the direct phone number. Last I heard, it wasn’t quite the seventh circle of Hades experience to call Disability Services as it is to call regular GS (unless you are trying to set up a DAS, which can range from the 4th to 7th circle 😏)…Of course, that could change so ymmv.

Have a good trip.

We went in early Dec. We did use Genie + and purchased 1 LL$ for Flight of Passage. Yes, it was crowded, yes, we had to figure out a new FP system and YES! we had a blast. I've been to Disney many many times. This trip was different but so was the trip when we went back the week they opened after the covid shutdown. Vacations are what you make them! If you still intend to go, be positive and have a great trip!

And Genie+ isn't that hard to use - we had 10 people and managed to ride everything we wanted to in all 4 parks.

We went in early Dec. We did use Genie + and purchased 1 LL$ for Flight of Passage. Yes, it was crowded, yes, we had to figure out a new FP system and YES! we had a blast. I've been to Disney many many times. This trip was different but so was the trip when we went back the week they opened after the covid shutdown. Vacations are what you make them! If you still intend to go, be positive and have a great trip!

And Genie+ isn't that hard to use - we had 10 people and managed to ride everything we wanted to in all 4 parks.
Did you find it difficult to find options to book for your large party? I am worried because I will be in charge of a party of 8.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter