Not really Dis related, but this IS the photog board...

LordAthens

Mouseketeer
My friend and I went out shooting tonight, I took my D100 along with to play a bit. It took quite a number of shots, but I was able to capture a muzzle flash. It took a lot of learning on my part to learn when Dave would fire, when I said "fire". Image was captured at 1\60th second to give you an idea of the timing. Unfortunately the image is a bit flat, as I only had the pop-up flash to work with. I can't believe I forgot a set of batteries for my SB-80DX! Additionally, I couldn't do a slow sync flash or a rear curtain flash since it would have resulted in much image blur due to the recoil of the pistol.

dave-muzzle.jpg

I realize it's not Disney releated, but I wanted to post it.

I was at an event in Massachusetts where they had a brigade firing. I must have taken 40 shots trying to get the flash. I did get some good ones. It was all about the timing.

I hope you had fun trying to get the images.

Nice shot, I just pumped it up a bit for you

dave-muzzle.jpg

I'm currently using my friend's uncalibrated monitor, but on his monitor, it seems like the second picture to be overexposed and the first one a tad underexposed. Maybe somewhere in the middle (but closer to the original) wil be more preferable? Just my 2 cents, which is not much especially nowadays.

Here's a few more;

The first shot is obviously blurred, I was attempting to catch the motion of the recoil. It sort of worked.. Needed more time, which I didn't have, to play.

dave-motion.jpg

Shot of me. I never realized until these 2 pics how much Dave and my shooting stances differed.

brandon-muzzle2.jpg

nice shot, I like it at the density you chose, since your main subject is the muzzle flash..

I'm using my work monitor now (calibrated with controlled lighting condition) and the second version is overexposed and the colour balance is off. I find the first one to be better because the muzzle flash becomes the point of attention.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter