• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Not sure if this was posted

Panthius

Finally a DIS Veteran
Check out the 2001 attendance numbers at the following link on CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2001/TRAVEL/NEWS/12/24/theme.park.list.ap/index.html

EPCOT is down 15%, which is about twice the rest (well, besides Universal Studios which is down 10%). I would gather that this is not good for EPCOT but with the JIYI and SPACE coming soon, things may get better for EPCOT. Also, seems Universal and AK are battling it out for fifth place with only about 500K separating the two.

Interesting to look at these and too bad we couldn't see maybe a five year spread or so to look at a historical view (short history) of the numbers to see the way things are going.

Panthius

Interesting that there are a few parks further down the list who actually saw their attendance increase. I suppose that they depend more on local visitors but of course so does Disneyland and DL's attendance decreased. Just something to wonder about...

Since Disney historically does not release any official numbers, you have to wonder about the accuracy of these estimates. Although there is no doubt that Florida tourism has taken a hard blow after 9-11. And the Circus Circus thing in Vegas up 7%??? Vegas looked like a ghost town when I was there in November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter