November 2014 Car Rentals

Just checked again and Sunday morning prices have dropped, for me, since yesterday but ever so slightly. My mid size rental dropped a whopping dollar, lol. But full size came down at Alamo since yesterday so I rebooked because I was able to get a full size for $7 more than my midsize for 11 days. Usually standard at Alamo is a few dollars cheaper than fullsize, and you pick them from the same aisle anyway, but right now they have full size priced lower... Go figure.

Oh, and I should add, the online check-in still is not working from yesterday with the disney annual passholder and the $30 off coupon I used. It's from the navy federal credit union, which I belong to anyways, so I sure hope they fix this...

Yep, I was just coming on to post that Alamo has dropped again today.
About a $10 drop in the ones I have been watching.
Still not down to what I already have, but now I am more hopeful that we at least stand a chance at getting a lower rate.

but now I am more hopeful that we at least stand a chance at getting a lower rate.

Having been down in August of this year for two weeks and just going through this, things are different this year than past. In August, prices continued to drop right up until the day before our trip (August 16th 2014). So while I'm confident we will see lower prices I still suggest to book, cancel and rebook just to ensure one has something they are ok with, that's how I do it. I must have cancelled and rebooked close to 10 times if not more for that August trip, lol.

Oh, believe me, I have a car booked that I can live with. I have a full for 9 days for $139.
I am a serious car rental stalker! I can't even count all of the different reservations I made for our Sep trip! I'm surprised Alamo didn't find a way to suspend me from their site!! :lmao:

I just haven't had near as much luck with the Nov trip. Prices haven't moved around like they did for Sep. I booked my current res back in August sometime. I can live with what I have, but I am still hoping for better. I got basically the same rental for only $90 in Sep.

If you only have your voucher for your AP can you use the AP discount at Alamo? Do you have to show the pass? or is showing the voucher enough?

Is everyone using the passholder rate at Alamo? My 6 day rental beginning November 15th is over $400!

Are there any other codes to use?

Is everyone using the passholder rate at Alamo? My 6 day rental beginning November 15th is over $400!

I am also arriving November 15, but with a seven-day rental. I used Costco contract #7014627 and coupon AD2338FDF. My weekly rate for a fullsize is $126.54 and I just booked it a few minutes ago.

Hope this helps you.

I am also arriving November 15, but with a seven-day rental. I used Costco contract #7014627 and coupon AD2338FDF. My weekly rate for a fullsize is $126.54 and I just booked it a few minutes ago.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks, I just checked and those codes are making my minivan rental over $400. I do see your good rate though.

Nov 22 date for AP rate is down to 114/week for me fullsize all inclusive with the 30 off code on this thread. hurry up...

MAJOR drop at Budget, just checked just now... PU 11/23/2014 noon from MCO drop off Ft. Lauderdale (FLL) Friday 11/28/2014 8:00pm... was $240.47 (total tax and fees) now $142.41...

BCD U072700 Southwest
MUWZ107 $25 off

:cool1:

MAJOR drop at Budget, just checked just now... PU 11/23/2014 noon from MCO drop off Ft. Lauderdale (FLL) Friday 11/28/2014 8:00pm... was $240.47 (total tax and fees) now $142.41...

BCD U072700 Southwest
MUWZ107 $25 off

:cool1:

That is awesome! Our dates are close and the same pick up/drop off. I still have not been about to beat the $90 I got a few weeks ago (11/22-11/29 for a compact. I think it was some weird Canadian resident rate).

Are you a Costco member? Try using W852802 & MUGZ165 - you will probably get it down a little more.

That is awesome! Our dates are close and the same pick up/drop off. I still have not been about to beat the $90 I got a few weeks ago (11/22-11/29 for a compact. I think it was some weird Canadian resident rate).

Are you a Costco member? Try using W852802 & MUGZ165 - you will probably get it down a little more.

That's for a full size, as we need the trunck space. Compacts were even cheaper. If I didn't have the drop location different it would have been only $91.00

Wondering if their are any good deals for minivans? I just checked this morning and the cheapest I can get Nov 29-Dec 6 is $375 total (using AAA code). I thought I was all set with my car rental until I realized that Alamo does not allow free extra driver and I forgot to add DH. I usually don't mind driving, but not all vacation! Adding an extra driver costs $70, so it negates my deal :sad:

oops, meant to post in minivan thread, but if y'all have any leads I would appreciate it!

For those that use Budget, do you use the "Pay Now" option? If the rate goes down, do you have to cancel/rebook and lose the $10 processing fee?

I had alamo booked thru costco with p/u at the dolphin 11/24 and drop off at tpa on 12/1, standard suv $297 and full size car $227.

Just went through alamo.com using costco id 7014627 AND coupon AD2338FDF and brought my total down to $265 for the standard suv and $220 for the full size car.
another code I saw for alamo is the SW code 7013880.

Wondering if their are any good deals for minivans? I just checked this morning and the cheapest I can get Nov 29-Dec 6 is $375 total (using AAA code). I thought I was all set with my car rental until I realized that Alamo does not allow free extra driver and I forgot to add DH. I usually don't mind driving, but not all vacation! Adding an extra driver costs $70, so it negates my deal :sad:

oops, meant to post in minivan thread, but if y'all have any leads I would appreciate it!

you get a free driver with alamo insiders i think and with costco membership booking.

eta: yes i just went into my reservation to "check-in" and it allowed me to add an additional driver for free. i used the costco contract id to book.

I just rebooked AP rate and 30 off at alamo site for $108 fullsize 11/22 for a week. But after I'm done, I searched for the same rate and date again, it went up to $150 range. So when you see an incredible rate, book it right away! Seems their pricing is fluctuating during the day.

you get a free driver with alamo insiders i think and with costco membership booking.

eta: yes i just went into my reservation to "check-in" and it allowed me to add an additional driver for free. i used the costco contract id to book.

It looks like they did away with the free additional driver perk. It is now $10 per day.

https://alamo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2148/kw/additional drivers

We do not have a Costco in our area, so I am unable to use that code. Too bad, it sounds like a good code!

Costco says it offers free additional driver at "participating locations." A few posts back someone said they just recently added a driver for free using the Costco code so I presume MCO is a participating location. I did not realize they did away with the free additional driver benefit for Insiders earlier this summer.

I am sure Costco will let you buy a membership even though you don't have a store nearby. I think the basic membership is $55, which is less than the $70 to pay for the additional driver. Plus you could use the 7014627 contract ID which might save you more money. (You can run a search using it first to see.) The membership also lets you order at member prices off their website. Might be worth checking out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter