November 2020

Thanks for the heads up! My returning flight got bumped by a whole day! Now I have to ask my husband if we can stay an extra day. Our departing flight was also changed. We will arrive at MCO a couple of hours later....not too bad.

Wow... a whole extra day? Not a bad thing if you can swing it... 😉

And a reminder about flight schedule changes - don’t forget to update your Magical Express info if your flight number changed! Both of mine did... even the one that only shifted ten minutes ahead.

ADR day, (4th time for this November trip) and got everything I wanted except Via Napoli. At 6:09 am, there was no availability for lunch or dinner from November 30 - December 7. Can that possibly be true?

ADR day, (4th time for this November trip) and got everything I wanted except Via Napoli. At 6:09 am, there was no availability for lunch or dinner from November 30 - December 7. Can that possibly be true?
Glad you got everything except 1. I hope you keep checking and the system was wrong....unless they are closing it for a small window...never know these days.

Getting so excited for our Thanksgiving week trip!!! I added on the Droid making to surprise my kids with (still lots of reservation times) and got Oga's for my husband's birthday. We have not done either of these before. Who else has something new planned for their Thanksgiving week? I will be so happy to be in the Disney bubble....have missed it so much. How are you guys counting down? We got the 12 Disney socks package and pop one out every Friday until we leave.

@Lizzards (edit) - we are trying Oga's as well for the first time; our time is 7:50 on Nov 29th. We will also be doing 50'sPTC for the first time....I've canceled in the past as my kids have always complained....now they are on board. :) In general, I feel this entire trip will be "something new": it will be the first time I've taken my family to WDW without a true agenda. No FP+, no must meet characters, no parades or shows on the schedule.....it's so weird, but I'm thankful. I hope we can find this trip to be relaxing and refreshing, something we all need in 2020.

Hello! My fiancé and I have a reservation at AoA Little Mermaid for 11/29-12/4. This trip is to celebrate my graduation with a Master's degree. Neither of us has been during the holiday season, so the low key version for this year will still be magical.

Just did dining early today and was able to get the seasonal Minnie Dine at Hollywood and Vine. Had to reserve for a party of 3 though. The system is so weird. That's our only dining though since the places we would normally book are closed down (Breakfast at Crystal Palace & Afternoon Tea at Grand Floridian). Fingers crossed that at least the afternoon tea opens up before our trip.

Farewell and best wishes to you all! I've been on the fence about this trip but really wanted to make it happen for my son's birthday. Unfortunately, I'm just not ready to fly and too much of the experience is gone for us tolerate the increasing waits. We'll be back in the spring!

My family and I are so excited to finally be going! (Hopefully for real this time!) We were originally going in April then pushed back to September with the discounted room deal. However, I don't want to wear a mask in the heat. So now we are going in November for my birthday (and makeup birthday celebrations from April for my one year old). We decided to stay off site this time, and instead of flying we are driving from Texas. So far we've booked two character meals. I'm hopeful more attractions and shows open up before we go. We are very excited to see the Christmas decorations and lights even if it is different from years past.

@Amunet - Welcome and congrats on your Master's!!!!

@JK World - so sorry.....you're making the best decision for your family. Best of luck getting this rescheduled as soon as you feel comfortable with flying.
Thank you very much!
Because of Covid, we are planning on driving down from Minnesota. It takes longer but I feel it's safer than an airplane.
When are you going?

Well some Epcot restaurants are now closed certain days but I can't see VN doing that? Hopefully it was a weird system glitch and you get it! If not and you still need something maybe try Tutto Italia there. It's been a few years since we've been but it was always really good and we're eating there again on the 25th.
In general, I feel this entire trip will be "something new": it will be the first time I've taken my family to WDW without a true agenda. No FP+, no must meet characters, no parades or shows on the schedule.....it's so weird, but I'm thankful. I hope we can find this trip to be relaxing
We've been twice now since July and it's definitely "something new" for sure! But for the most part, I feel, in a good way. No FP+ and no needing that much of a plan in the parks IS relaxing and honestly I've enjoyed these last 2 trips in large part BECAUSE of the lack of these things!

Getting so excited here! I am doing this trip solo - not sure if I mentioned that before - I know my 8 year old and darling crochety husband will not want to wait in lines without FP, and I have tickets that were gifted to me that expire in December. I feel guilty sometimes about going alone, but I am taking this opportunity to try some new things and restaurants that DH and DD wouldn't like. Basically my plan is to do each park once from open to close (except Epcot - I am doing that one on arrival day, and will be at the park by 1:00 PM) and I am going to take my sweet time, people watch, and just enjoy instead of hustling like usual. 45 more days!

Didn't want to leave anyone out....so.....
@Amunet - Booked for 11/21-11/30. Have AofA right now...but most likely will cancel and stay offsite. Found a great deal called "WFHYAT" at Hyatt.
@DisneyMom0604 - 3rd times the charm....and to top it off Disney is celebrating your b-day by decorating the park with Christmas! :)
@CruellaNY - thank you! and thank you for the trip reports! Look forward to the September laughs.
@tinabina919 - YEAH :banana:....thank you for the optimism! I love it.
@Justrose - I've never done a solo trip, but I sure will one day! Congrats on it and don't feel any guilt.....just magic!

Just a heads up to anyone scoping out Thanksgiving reservations - for whatever reason - Thanksgiving day dinner reservations have opened up at The Wave - and have remained open.
I got 7:30pm I think by now there may be a 9pm group available (at least for 3 people)
I've been watching it for a couple days and more time slots keep opening up....I'm wondering if they are opening up capacity??
Just speculation.

We just found out our flight went from non stop to a huge layover so we are leaving a day earlier - and managed to get a one night ressie for a Beach Club villa studio!! AAHH I can't wait -
I've never stayed at the Beach Club before and I love that pool!

This thread is a bit behind the "news" cycle. My apologies for not keeping up. I've been offline for about a week. In case anyone hasn't read yet....park hours were extended at 3 parks (not HS). Good news in general.

My thoughts are the parks are getting busier and they are extending hours.....great for the CMs; hopefully more will get some hours, etc. The extended hours def impacted my fams ADRs, but oh well. I was looking forward to coming out of a dinner at MK around 8pm...while the parks were closed at 7pm. I'm really beginning to wonder if there is a way they can add FP+ for ppl.....any thoughts on how? Maybe day of? It could cause too many issues, but it seems the lines will be long.

This thread is a bit behind the "news" cycle. My apologies for not keeping up. I've been offline for about a week. In case anyone hasn't read yet....park hours were extended at 3 parks (not HS). Good news in general.

My thoughts are the parks are getting busier and they are extending hours.....great for the CMs; hopefully more will get some hours, etc. The extended hours def impacted my fams ADRs, but oh well. I was looking forward to coming out of a dinner at MK around 8pm...while the parks were closed at 7pm. I'm really beginning to wonder if there is a way they can add FP+ for ppl.....any thoughts on how? Maybe day of? It could cause too many issues, but it seems the lines will be long.
I really think (as much as I can work FP on our trips to our advantage), it's a bad time to bring it back. Even in August when it wasn't as busy as it sounds now, FP would have clogged everything up. The lines are long but at least they keep moving (unless bumping into a cleaning cycle).

Also speculating since limited capacity and limited shows, restaurants, etc., FP would be pretty limited too. This means only a small amt of people would probably actually get them while everyone else stood still in lines.

Edited to add: Hopefully they'll add more evening ADRs on soon (I've been checking, but nothing yet!). And I'm so glad with more crowds and hours, this should hopefully help get CMs back to work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter