November Check In 2010

First trip for us:cool1::cool1: Nov. 27th to Dec.1st- VGC.

Me, DH and DS(16)- DS is a huge fan of the Indiana Jones show in DW so he is really looking forward to the ride.

Hubby and I can't wait to see all the Christmas decorations.

Forgot that is was your Thanksgiving though when I booked so I am hoping it won't be to busy

I can relate too. My dad passed away three years ago, and I keep thinking about how much he would love to be here to go with us and see the joy on his grandkid's faces. My dad was a big kid himself and it's tough when I think about how much fun he would have with us at DL. He will be with us in spirit though.

We were blessed to take my DH Grandmother to DL for her first trip when she was 80 yrs old. The characters had her in stitches all the time and she had a blast.

Relate, yes, but have you actually broken down in tears inside the park? Silly me. :sad2: That must have been so awesome to get to go to DL so often while you were growing up. How cool to go with such a large family!

Yes! More than once.:laughing:

It's funny I don't remember travelling anywhere else very often as a kid. I didn't realize how spoiled I was until I was an adult with kids of my own.

Haha, yeah, that would be quite the scene for people walking past, three crying adults in the Happiest Place on Earth.
It would wreck my image too. Most of my family thinks nothing ever gets to me.:lmao:

Yahoo! I just booked my hotel November 4-14 (we are spending 5 days before in San Diego!) so the full Trip will be Oct 30-Nov 14.

We are at Hojo for the 4-14th and it is me, my hubby (both 32) and our 8, almost 9 year old Aspie son :)

Son has never been. Dh and I are going to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary (this is where we went on our vacation).

Char

Well Everyone looks like my DH and i will be joining you at DL in November!!!
I havent booked yet but our dates will be Nov 10 to 18 staying at HOJOs if the ent rate is still avaliable when i book it!

I will have to organise to make a LGMH for the both of us would love to meet some of you

Me, DH and DS(16)- DS is a huge fan of the Indiana Jones show in DW so he is really looking forward to the ride.

Forgot that is was your Thanksgiving though when I booked so I am hoping it won't be to busy

You'll love the VGC, they're my favorite DVC resort! Your first day or two could be busy, but I think the rest will be fine. Have fun!

Yahoo! I just booked my hotel November 4-14 (we are spending 5 days before in San Diego!) so the full Trip will be Oct 30-Nov 14.

We are at Hojo for the 4-14th and it is me, my hubby (both 32) and our 8, almost 9 year old Aspie son :)

Son has never been. Dh and I are going to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary (this is where we went on our vacation).

Char

Sounds like a wonderful anniversary trip!

I havent booked yet but our dates will be Nov 10 to 18 staying at HOJOs if the ent rate is still avaliable when i book it!

I will have to organise to make a LGMH for the both of us would love to meet some of you

We'll be there on some of your days and would love to meet some fellow DISers. Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain are two of my favorite rides too! Are you coming from Australia?

Char

Hi there!!! We'll be at HOJO from the 5-12, would be great to know someone there :goodvibes

You'll love the VGC, they're my favorite DVC resort! Your first day or two could be busy, but I think the rest will be fine. Have fun!

We'll be there on some of your days and would love to meet some fellow DISers. Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain are two of my favorite rides too! Are you coming from Australia?

Yeah we will be coming from Australia making the big trek across the pacific CANT WAIT!!!!!

Am booking next month so *fingers crossed* i can still get the HoJos rate and the cheap flights

Yeah we will be coming from Australia making the big trek across the pacific CANT WAIT!!!!!

Am booking next month so *fingers crossed* i can still get the HoJos rate and the cheap flights

Sending pixie dust your way for great airfares and HoJo rates!:wizard:

I'd love to run into some fellow DISers too! I will for sure have to get some LGMH and be on the lookout for others.

Aussie, looks like we and a few others on here will all be at Hojo around the same time too.

Southwest sale for dates through Nov 17th.

I picked up our tickets one way to get to SNA $39 plus taxes.:woohoo::thumbsup2 :yay: Now hopefully we'll find a good fare for the way home.

I picked up our tickets one way to get to SNA $39 plus taxes.:woohoo::thumbsup2 :yay: Now hopefully we'll find a good fare for the way home.

I was going to let everyone know about that too. I got the tickets for half the price they were when I checked a week or so ago :thumbsup2

I have officially booked Hojos for Nov 10-18.

Am super excited i didnt think i would be back at DL this quick after my trip in March 09

AHA! Finally a few stolen minutes to do some updating on the thread! Does anyone else ever find that there are not enough hours in a day? :confused: (at least for the fun stuff)
Anyway..... moving right along we have some new additions to our illustrious November travelers club. 21 of us now! Check it out to see if there are any new DISers traveling when you are!

Just gotta share.... My Step-DD called this morning looking for travel ideas. Having just taken a trip to DL a few months ago she was looking for some other road trip ideas. I asked my kids if they had any ideas or things that we had done that really stood out in their mind. I am so proud of my daughter! She immediately said Disneyland!!!!! I must be doing something right!

Meanwhile.... getting back to the discussions going on around here....

I love having the gift cards, much easier that way, and we figure if we have anything left over on them (yeah right!) we'll just use it to go towards our next trip. I also was lucky enough to win two one day park hoppers a few months ago, which I'm letting my mom take, so what she had saved to go towards a ticket can now go to food and souveniers.
Yeah, I have noticed that we very seldom ever come home with anything left over. Funny how that happens! :confused3 But if by some miracle it did it would be nice to already have a jump start on the next trip's funds. Nice that those Disney gift cards do not expire! :thumbsup2
So do tell! How did you happen to win the park hoppers? That should help out the travel fund some!

I thought it would be fun to see what everyone's favorite ride is (I know, hard to pick just one!) or what ride you are looking forward to going on the most. Maybe some of us will see each other in line.:yay:

My favorite ride is Pirates, without a doubt. I'm also looking forward to going on Haunted Mansion all decked out in holiday overlay. I think I'm most excited about going on some of the "bigger" rides though, since last year when we went I was pregnant with DS, and skipped out on going on lot of them.
Ooooh! Good questions.! These are always fun!

I have to agree with you that Pirates and Haunted Mansion are among my very favorites but if I have to pick just one that I LOVE it would be Soarin. Don't ride it nearly as much as some of the others because we just do not spend as much time in CA and the line is always long. I also tend to go on the "little rides" because my DD is not very brave but that is just fine with me because I love them all! We tend to split up and I keep DD entertained while DH keeps the thrill riding son happy. Fine with me because thrill rides are really not my cup of tea. I figure this year I will finally have to get on Screamin with him. I've managed to avoid it for 9 years now so I am afraid :eek:my time is running out.

I am really looking forward to getting to go through the castle walk through! They opened it just after our last trip to DL so this will be our first opportunity to check it out.

We'll be there on some of your days and would love to meet some fellow DISers.
We'll be there at the same time too. Sounds like a meet up may be in order!

We were blessed to take my DH Grandmother to DL for her first trip when she was 80 yrs old. The characters had her in stitches all the time and she had a blast.

It would wreck my image too. Most of my family thinks nothing ever gets to me.
How sweet! I hope I can convince my family to take me when I am 80! I think I am in luck. My older step-DD loves Disney too so I am pretty sure I can convince her to even wheel me in if she has to! :laughing:
We'll just have to keep the happy thoughts flowing then cause we wouldn't want to wreck your image!

I picked up our tickets one way to get to SNA $39 plus taxes. Now hopefully we'll find a good fare for the way home.
WOW! How lucky for you! I looked but I am pretty sure none of my bunch would go for the stops and plane changes. Plus from here it was not $39. If it had been they would have been learning how to like the little inconveniences! Guess I will just keep hoping and watching! Thanks for sharing with us and I hope anyone else out there who comes across with an amazing fare will be sure to remember to share it with us here!

How fun to be heading to the park for your first time! Hope you have a magical time. Coming during the Christmas season is certainly a great choice for any visit. You will love it!

Char
Congratulations on confirming your dates! I had pretty much decided on ours but yesterday I finally got around to confirm confirming them with DH. He was on board and thought it sounded great! I see you are like me and enjoy having plenty of days to spend at the park. Will all your days be at the park? Or do you have other plans too? Me, I plan on spending our entire 2 weeks absorbing all the magic I can! :woohoo:

Aussie Princess said:

Aussie Princess said:
Yay for you getting to official make your plans! That is always such a great feeling!

AHA! Finally a few stolen minutes to do some updating on the thread! Does anyone else ever find that there are not enough hours in a day? :confused: (at least for the fun stuff)
Anyway..... moving right along we have some new additions to our illustrious November travelers club. 21 of us now! Check it out to see if there are any new DISers traveling when you are!

Just gotta share.... My Step-DD called this morning looking for travel ideas. Having just taken a trip to DL a few months ago she was looking for some other road trip ideas. I asked my kids if they had any ideas or things that we had done that really stood out in their mind. I am so proud of my daughter! She immediately said Disneyland!!!!! I must be doing something right!

Meanwhile.... getting back to the discussions going on around here....

Yeah, I have noticed that we very seldom ever come home with anything left over. Funny how that happens! :confused3 But if by some miracle it did it would be nice to already have a jump start on the next trip's funds. Nice that those Disney gift cards do not expire! :thumbsup2
So do tell! How did you happen to win the park hoppers? That should help out the travel fund some!

Ooooh! Good questions.! These are always fun!

I have to agree with you that Pirates and Haunted Mansion are among my very favorites but if I have to pick just one that I LOVE it would be Soarin. Don't ride it nearly as much as some of the others because we just do not spend as much time in CA and the line is always long. I also tend to go on the "little rides" because my DD is not very brave but that is just fine with me because I love them all! We tend to split up and I keep DD entertained while DH keeps the thrill riding son happy. Fine with me because thrill rides are really not my cup of tea. I figure this year I will finally have to get on Screamin with him. I've managed to avoid it for 9 years now so I am afraid :eek:my time is running out.

I am really looking forward to getting to go through the castle walk through! They opened it just after our last trip to DL so this will be our first opportunity to check it out.

We'll be there at the same time too. Sounds like a meet up may be in order!

How sweet! I hope I can convince my family to take me when I am 80! I think I am in luck. My older step-DD loves Disney too so I am pretty sure I can convince her to even wheel me in if she has to! :laughing:
We'll just have to keep the happy thoughts flowing then cause we wouldn't want to wreck your image!

WOW! How lucky for you! I looked but I am pretty sure none of my bunch would go for the stops and plane changes. Plus from here it was not $39. If it had been they would have been learning how to like the little inconveniences! Guess I will just keep hoping and watching! Thanks for sharing with us and I hope anyone else out there who comes across with an amazing fare will be sure to remember to share it with us here!

How fun to be heading to the park for your first time! Hope you have a magical time. Coming during the Christmas season is certainly a great choice for any visit. You will love it!

Congratulations on confirming your dates! I had pretty much decided on ours but yesterday I finally got around to confirm confirming them with DH. He was on board and thought it sounded great! I see you are like me and enjoy having plenty of days to spend at the park. Will all your days be at the park? Or do you have other plans too? Me, I plan on spending our entire 2 weeks absorbing all the magic I can! :woohoo:

Yay for you getting to official make your plans! That is always such a great feeling!

A DISers meetup would be fun!!

I won my park hoppers from my local MOPS (moms of preschoolers) group. They give away a pair every year, and every year I hoped I win, and never did. This year when they called my name I was so excited I yelled out and woke up my poor DS who was sleeping in my arms. :yay:

November is starting to feel so close, yet so far away. I find myself thinking about our stay every day and what we will do.

Am super excited i didnt think i would be back at DL this quick after my trip in March 09

So excited for you! It's so nice that you can make the long trip again so soon. I'm jealous because I'd love to go to Australia someday. Seems like a loooong plane ride with two little ones though. Someday. ::yes::

I'll be there from Nov 10 through 17, although not in the parks each day (BOOOOO). We grew up near Anaheim, and our families still live there, so we'll have to spend most of our time with them. :confused3

Anyway, it's me, my DH and my DD who will have just turned 1. I can't wait to see her face!!!!!!!

A DISers meetup would be fun!!

I won my park hoppers from my local MOPS (moms of preschoolers) group. They give away a pair every year, and every year I hoped I win, and never did. This year when they called my name I was so excited I yelled out and woke up my poor DS who was sleeping in my arms. :yay:

November is starting to feel so close, yet so far away. I find myself thinking about our stay every day and what we will do.
Alright a DISER meet it is! We'll just have to work out some details as it gets closer. :thumbsup2
On our trip in December to WDW I had the opportunity to meet up with a fellow DISer. Actually, I had hoped to meet up with 2 others but it didn't end up working out due to various reasons. The weather was not very cooperative, I was out of my element and let's say....completely stressed out. Anyway, it was fun meeting someone from here that I see here on the boards a lot. I am so much more comfortable at DL so I think arranging a meeting there will be so much easier and even more fun.

Parkhoppers are a nice gift to give away.... especially for a DL fan. I imagine I would have been just as excited as you were if I had won!
You are not alone. I spend a good part of my day thinking about DL. I really should find a more productive way to spend my time but hey... it keeps me off the streets! :laughing: Really, November is not that far away. A little over 4 months! I can't wait!

I'll be there from Nov 10 through 17, although not in the parks each day (BOOOOO). We grew up near Anaheim, and our families still live there, so we'll have to spend most of our time with them. :confused3

Anyway, it's me, my DH and my DD who will have just turned 1. I can't wait to see her face!!!!!!!
Welcome! I just added you to the list! Good to see family. Maybe you can convince them to come to the park with you to get in an extra day or two.
yes-1.gif
Will you be staying with family? You are going to have so much fun with your baby girl! It is so awesome watching them experience the park for the first time. We took my DD for her first trip when she was 18 months and my GS when he was 16 months. They were both absolutely amazed by everything around them. So cool!

I've sorta got a little further on my plans for our trip last night. We had a game night at our friend's house and I finally approached them with the idea of going to DL with us. They didn't say yes and they didn't say no. Now we just get to wait to see what their response is but I have been about to burst waiting for just the right time to ask them. Here's hoping they say yes! Can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want to go but they are not huge Disney fans or much on theme parks so we'll just have to see if we enticed them enough with our take on the park and the offer to pay for some of their expenses. This just happens to be my DS's girlfriend so it means a great deal to him. I'd love to have them along but either way.... I'm going and will have great time! :woohoo:

I will be there from November 24-28, 2010.
Staying at the Disneyland Hotel.
Hope to be able to do the Holiday Time Tour while I am there.:santa:
Haven't made any other definite plans.
Traveling solo.

We're going for our first ever trip to DL Nov 18-27. Staying at the Residence Inn Maingate! :-) It is a combo celebratin of our 10th anniversary and DD's 5th birthday! :-)

After MUCH hemming and hawing over dates we are for sure going Nov13-20!:banana::banana: I can't wait! It's our first time to DLR and will just be DH and self. We are staying at a Comfort Suites bc DLH was just too much of a budget buster. I'm looking forward to seeing all the wonderful things I have seen on the DL Christmas thread. Not to mention eating some of those delicious sounding Mickey gingerbread cookies :bitelip:. Oh, and I am also hoping to do the Holiday Tour-sounds wonderful. See everyone there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter