November/December 2016 discount code watch

You'll need to google for an ORBITZ coupon code, and enter it at checkout (usually on the right hand side). It's normally only 10% or 15% but it can save a decent bit when it comes to Disney's prices.
I checked Orbitz, but I didn't see the discounted rates for Disney resorts - only rack rates.

I checked Orbitz, but I didn't see the discounted rates for Disney resorts - only rack rates.

They may not have released those rooms to Orbitz. Orbitz only gets discounts if they are able to get into the block.

I think these discounts may have not been fully loaded when you checked - I just looked at the dates of Nov. 26-29 (just random dates) and it's showing the discount as loaded in:

Nah, it's still showing me the same thing. $1100 for both the standard and the discount..

I have to admit, I'm a little bummed. DH and I are booked at AoA for 8 nights starting on 12/2. I was hoping a code would come out so that we could maybe upgrade to a mod for roughly the same price as what we're paying for AoA, but even with the discount, CBR still prices out about $400 more than we paid for our time period once I add in tickets and the dining plan.

If I end up changing to January I have a motherload of ADR's for 6 to 13 NOV to unload. Favorites such as BOMA, BOG, O'Hana, Beaches and Cream, SciFi, Akershus and a few others.

Is your BOG a dinner? I have one for 11/12 I am looking to drop in favor of 11/13, but have held onto it just in case.

Bit the bullet first thing this morning. 20℅ off a deluxe resort. Not the best but we've gone to Disney during the November 20th time frame for the past 2 years and loved it. Decorations go up in the resorts that period and all the holiday destinations at MK... Such a great time to go. We saved a little more last year but it's worth the time with the wife and kids.

The few resorts that were available for my dates with the holiday discount 30 mins ago, are all gone??? Watching grandkids so can't move as fast as lightning to book and poof they're all gone. So bummed.

I will be really interested to read October trip reports!
October, you mean the month with no discounts? hehehe. Well, seems that way anyways. I spoke to my TA today, and said since there was nothing with this wave, I might as well pay my balance. She told me that last week she knew that nothing was going to be there for me with this round, but to hold off till the beginning of September before paying off my balance. Guess that she heard that with people switching from one discount to another, and others canceling all together that there is a slight chance that once the August 31 expiration happens that there might be something dropped the first week of September to fill in all of the cancelations. I guess that is the October, and somewhat early November report. To me it is a bit of a quesstomation/rumor till something is official. :/ Today was my Fastpass day, so at least I had that going for me. :)

It's not false advertisement. It says "select resorts" as long as there is one room available, it's accurate.

It most certainly is false advertisement. If you put an offer out in the morning which lists underneath mostly EVERY resort as part of that promotion, then you go to put in ANY date within that allowable timeframe of that promotion and only ONE of the fifteen resorts comes up, that's not a promotion.

So I'v just got off the phone with Disney to try and book a Canadian discount, and they said that even the discount released today for the general (us) doesn't seem to be loaded in the system correctly. The lady I was talking with said she a a lot of them around her couldn't get any discounts to resorts to open up. They put in a service request about it and told me to check back a few days from now. She was able to find on at CS that was a family suite, and something at AKL savannah view.
iv also just been playin with the website to look at other rack rates, no discounts and there appears to be no room available to book, anywhere from mods to deluxes..

Finally got home to check. For Dec 3-12th trip the ONLY discount options available are: GF, AKL, CSR, OKW, CBR, and AoA.

Some discount offer. =(.

Guess I'm stuck paying full rack rate for 2 nights at BC and 7 night at Poly Club Level.

You are correct - they are only offering rack rates, but when you use the orbitz disney code (google for it), it MAY work out to less money than Disney's discounted rates. (It was only a $20 diff total for me for a 4 night stay, but hey - that's a QS meal or a couple of drinks! I'll take it.)

Also be aware that you pay in full at Orbitz, vs just 1 night's deposit with WDW. And I'm seeing that $25 cancellation fee on several of the resorts, so check cancellation terms carefully.

Last edited:
You are correct - they are only offering rack rates, but when you use the orbitz disney code (google for it), it MAY work out to less money than Disney's discounted rates. (It was only a $20 diff total for me for a 4 night stay, but hey - that's a QS meal or a couple of drinks! I'll take it.)

Also be aware that you pay in full at Orbitz, vs just 1 night's deposit with WDW. And I'm seeing that $25 cancellation fee on several of the resorts, so check cancellation terms carefully.

In the past, Orbitz has had most of the same discounted resort prices as Disney. I thought maybe they just hadn't gotten them loaded to their web site yet.

Well, I was previously booked rack POR garden view. Changed today to Royal Room garden view for $10 more per night on the new holiday discount (209 pn). OK with that but will wait to see AP rates when they open up for after Nov 5. Might go deluxe if something good pops up at that time. :)

Well I think I may be sleeping in the airport hotel for the first night of our trip! I had booked the BWI CL with a bounce back but due to the fact that flight prices were lower and we wanted to do a MVMCP we booked flights for the evening before our trip was supposed to start and planned to just stay at any of the EPCOT resort hotels and then move over to the BWI CL the next day. So much for that plan! Not a single room to be had for any price and the CM just laughed when I asked about the discount. No rooms at all for the BWI in Dec., but she could put me in a $1,000 a night plus room at the Poly for that night, and that was with the discount! My husband figured it out to over $125 an hour for the amount of time we were planning on being in that room.

I'm glad I didn't purchase my AP with actual hopes of being able to use it for a room discount. Of course that is one of the reasons pushed at you for purchasing one but I just don't see it. Now I will be stalking every day trying to find a room for one night.

The discount code was nice for us to go from rack rate at All Star Movies to a garden view at Port Orleans for only $250 more for our 5 night stay in December. It cut the cost just low enough to justify the upgrade to a nicer place to stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter