December January & February Park Hours Update Watch/Discussion

I was able to change some things around at MK and at HS. I still have one SDD FP that I am trying to adjust the time on. I just want to move it an hour later to match the rest of my group. However I started the day with zero SDD fastpasses and I now have six, so I really can’t complain. I am amazed I was able to move my group of 5 to a time that worked for us in the middle of the day.

I tried to modify 1 person to FOP from Navi but no luck on that. I was happy with my EP times and did not mess that that park at all.

Here’s what I figure: maybe they haven’t increased hours for the first week of November because it’s not projected to be as busy as the other weeks that did receive extended hours. Wishful thinking? Maybe, probably.....but it seems like one of the only logical explanations to me. Otherwise, why would the week of November 10 need more hours than the week of November 3, if not for anticipated crowd level? The one other theory I have is that is that the first week of November is the one week of downtime between Halloween and Christmas, so they need more off hours to take things down and put things up. I’m going the same time as you and have been frustrated at points about the hours, about no EMM or DAH at the magic Kingdom, or about missing the EEMH by ONE DAY....but have decided to just roll with it and be happy with going at all. (Still May hold out secret hope for more hours though!)

Glad I'm not the only one wondering what the heck is going on here. I doubt I can change anything at this point, but I was somewhat looking for an early DHS opening on my day. Not likely that all the stars will align but it's certainly a weird week as far as park scheduling goes.

So would we say the watch is over?? We go jersey week. At the very least, something did happen yesterday and the excitement was worth it! I did gain an extra 7D so I’m happy!

So would we say the watch is over?? We go jersey week. At the very least, something did happen yesterday and the excitement was worth it! I did gain an extra 7D so I’m happy!

I am still expecting more updates for the first week of Dec. Only a few changes so far to the MK hours....at least something must be coming for Dec 5th at DHS. I am hoping for something at DHS for the mornings of the 6th and 7th.

I was hoping for an 8am open at HS on Friday 11/15, whether EMH or just an earlier open. Still holding out hope!

I have to say, I was hoping for earlier hours for HS on 11/9 to get more time in the park, but there is a part of me that is relieved that we won't have to get up early after a MVMCP the night before. I just have to figure out how to make everything work.

I was hoping for later closing at HS on 11/9 and 11/10 for Jingle Ball Jingle Bam.

I’m pleased with the few days that were extended for our trip. The four evenings we were planning on being in MK at were extended. Three of them now 11:00 closings, and the EMH night extended to Midnight. Also, the night we planned on at HS is open till 10 now. 😊

I think it will and I'm bound to lose my BOG PPO on the 21st. Past two years they have changed the 21st to an 8am open, but in previous years those were party nights, which won't be true this year, no idea if that is a factor in their decision. Any idea when they might update the hours for this week? If I'm losing this meal I would like to figure out another plan for getting a good use out of those DDP credits (and figure out if I need to prioritize getting SDMT FP) There is one more party on the 22nd and I'm hoping they wait until then to switch to the 8am open but I doubt it. We have never managed to go through the a BOG PPO breakfast because they always change the hours and we have drop it to not end up behind the crowds.

I think it will and I'm bound to lose my BOG PPO on the 21st. Past two years they have changed the 21st to an 8am open, but in previous years those were party nights, which won't be true this year, no idea if that is a factor in their decision. Any idea when they might update the hours for this week? If I'm losing this meal I would like to figure out another plan for getting a good use out of those DDP credits (and figure out if I need to prioritize getting SDMT FP) There is one more party on the 22nd and I'm hoping they wait until then to switch to the 8am open but I doubt it. We have never managed to go through the a BOG PPO breakfast because they always change the hours and we have drop it to not end up behind the crowds.

Last year, a “second wave” of December updates occurred Friday 11/16... FWIW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter