• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

November trip thread

We are checking in Nov.18-23. This is absolutely our favorite time of year at the Fort. We are really excited as we are making the trip with our new 5th wheel. 60 days to go!!!
5 days behind ya! Looks like we will be checking in a day after you are checking out. We are checking in on 11/24 - 12/2

I think I can post this. We will be at the fort nov 12 to 24. Not sure how much either of us will have to work but hoping we can have a few days for sure. I have 3 dining reservations and no FP yet. We still need to purchase our new APs and even with price increase since we will be back in Jan for two weeks for the marathon, AP is still the most economical sense. Just thought I would let you know the Rock Star and her tag a longs will be there.

We will be there the 14th - 20th! We go to Disney fairly often (though not as often as we would like;)) but this will be our first time camping there and our second time ever using my new (to me) pop up! Any tips would be appreciated!

We will be there the 14th - 20th! We go to Disney fairly often (though not as often as we would like;)) but this will be our first time camping there and our second time ever using my new (to me) pop up! Any tips would be appreciated!

Ooh, ooh, another popup owner! :dancer:

I have had a popup for nearly a dozen years and am on my second one now. Tell me what site type you have on your reservation (Premium, Preferred, Full, Tent). You will love camping at the Fort - the weather is generally very nice in November. My best tip is to make sure you leave a day "here and there" or and least some half days (morning or afternoon) just to relax at the Fort and enjoy the surroundings during the day. We usually take a full day and we might go to Disney Springs for a few hours or go play putt putt but it's fairly easy to blow a full day walking around loops (the original "looping"), beach fireworks and EWP, pool time, movie/singalong, visiting the old FWRR tracks, canoeing, etc.

Tell me about your DIS user name. Are you in Alabama or Florida ("go...fairly often")? I'm in Bama up near Birmingham and get to the Fort about once a year as my signature shows, mostly around spring break. But we are empty nesters now (last kid is a frosh at UA) so I am looking forward to travelling at times like November (and late January or early February especially).

Bama Ed

PS - btw, I would love to hear the details about your popup.

My name is Summer & my Daddy has always called me Summer Time Alabama. We just moved to Prattville from south Georgia, but I'm originally from Luverne, Alabama. The last several years we have gone to Disney 3 times a year, this year with all the things they have closed we decided to just go once. Hopefully we'll be back to our regular schedule next year. We homeschool so we go during the school year to miss the heat and the crowds. Congrats on your kid being @ UA! My brother graduated from there last year.
We're doing the christmas party one day & have a business thing during the day for 2 days, besides that we'll be hanging out @ the Fort or downtown Disney. I saw something that said the pools @ the fort are heated do you know if that's correct? We got a tent/pop up site, I would have preferred one without sand, but that was all they had.
I have a 2003 Colman Mesa. I'm working on remodeling it. I've got a leaking pipe which has caused the kitchen counter to swell up. I'm going to start working on that this afternoon. Hopefully those & the curtains will be finished this weekend.

We are coming back once again November 16th to 26th. Meeting up with my family from Texas and Massachusetts... I love coming in the Fall, totally enjoy Fort Wilderness we plan on only going to the park about 6 days and leaving 4 days to rest and hang out at the Fort....

My name is Summer & my Daddy has always called me Summer Time Alabama. We just moved to Prattville from south Georgia, but I'm originally from Luverne, Alabama. The last several years we have gone to Disney 3 times a year, this year with all the things they have closed we decided to just go once. Hopefully we'll be back to our regular schedule next year. We homeschool so we go during the school year to miss the heat and the crowds. Congrats on your kid being @ UA! My brother graduated from there last year.
We're doing the christmas party one day & have a business thing during the day for 2 days, besides that we'll be hanging out @ the Fort or downtown Disney. I saw something that said the pools @ the fort are heated do you know if that's correct? We got a tent/pop up site, I would have preferred one without sand, but that was all they had.
I have a 2003 Colman Mesa. I'm working on remodeling it. I've got a leaking pipe which has caused the kitchen counter to swell up. I'm going to start working on that this afternoon. Hopefully those & the curtains will be finished this weekend.
Yes all wdw pools are heated. We were there last year for the 2nd week of November and it was warm enough for us to swim and go to the water park. This will be our 3rd November trip. We love It!

We will be there 11/19 - 11/25! Excited to be celebrating my birthday at Disney on 11/22 :yay:. We've been to Disney 5 times over the last year and a half but this will be our first time at the Fort. We'll be pulling our Coachman Freedom Express TT, we bought it in early 2015 and this is our longest camping trip and furthest distance so far. We're just North of Atlanta and the furthest we've been so far is Pensacola Beach. Still deciding whether to bring both our doggies or not. We have a Newfie and a Boxer, the Boxer is getting pretty old so we may leave him with my parents. I'm really hoping it's warm enough to swim, DD7 discovered on our last trip that she loves water slides!

I'm really hoping it's warm enough to swim, DD7 discovered on our last trip that she loves water slides!
We have been there in the past during that time frame and have been able to swim. My DD11 loves the slide there at the Fort Pool. First time we were there (2012) and she was nervous about it, but tried it and loved it! The only problem, is about her 3rd or 4th time down, she had her mouth open and took a big gulp of the water. She coughed a bit and then :sick: threw up in the pool... Of course they evacuated the pool and had to clean it (as best they can) and added Extra chlorine (I think anyway) and no one could use the pool for about an hour. Not really how we wanted that day to go.:faint:

I am sure there will be a day good for swimming.:umbrella: Just make sure to tell you DD to close her mouth going down the slide.

We have been there in the past during that time frame and have been able to swim. My DD11 loves the slide there at the Fort Pool. First time we were there (2012) and she was nervous about it, but tried it and loved it! The only problem, is about her 3rd or 4th time down, she had her mouth open and took a big gulp of the water. She coughed a bit and then :sick: threw up in the pool... Of course they evacuated the pool and had to clean it (as best they can) and added Extra chlorine (I think anyway) and no one could use the pool for about an hour. Not really how we wanted that day to go.:faint:

I am sure there will be a day good for swimming.:umbrella: Just make sure to tell you DD to close her mouth going down the slide.

Oh my goodness! That is terrible! Poor thing I bet she was embarrassed. :sad:

Oh my goodness! That is terrible! Poor thing I bet she was embarrassed. :sad:
Yeah, she was, but not as much as my DW was though.

Fortunately it wasn't that crowded and only maybe 5 other families were there so it didn't impact too much. The downside to that is, that ALL of those families knew exactly why they had to get out and who was the cause. I think that is the "Cringe" moment. Me??? I am just like "Stuff Happens" and this time it happened to us... Life goes on. No need to sweat the small stuff right?

Yeah, she was, but not as much as my DW was though.

Fortunately it wasn't that crowded and only maybe 5 other families were there so it didn't impact too much. The downside to that is, that ALL of those families knew exactly why they had to get out and who was the cause. I think that is the "Cringe" moment. Me??? I am just like "Stuff Happens" and this time it happened to us... Life goes on. No need to sweat the small stuff right?

Right! That's having kids! And I just think - it could've been worse.

Just finished some shopping for our trip and working on the camper this weekend! We have a pop up so I want everything better organized before we go, and I also need to winterize it before heading down (and again before coming home). Getting a little nervous about towing all the way down, but am excited even though there is still so much I want to do before we go :)

My husband and son will be at the Fort Nov. 7-17, but I can't leave work for that long, so a shorter visit for me when I fly down to join them. Still very excited!

Well finally booked some fast passes since I bought my annual pass late. The good thing is I got the 13 month deal which is awesome. Not sure we will get annual passes then in 2018 so probably make the best of these. I still managed to get frozen ever after FP. I think I just got lucky, literally found one time during the whole 12 day trip it was available. Also got Soarin. I was worried with work I would have to cancel but looks like I am in the clear.

Mallory and yeti will be looking forward to it although very slow. I think yeti will use mallory's old harness so we can get him in and out of the rig. Right now he can barely make it up steps.

Mallory and yeti will be looking forward to it although very slow. I think yeti will use mallory's old harness so we can get him in and out of the rig. Right now he can barely make it up steps.
Sorry to hear about Yeti. Getting older stinks. Frank is having to lift Bailey up and down steps and the bed now.

20161013_181342_zpsrkvezfql.jpg
I wasn't sure where I wanted to post this but decided here since i will be at the Fort for Halloween and into November.
I got a phone call from my (former) secretary of 16 years wanting to go to lunch today for my birthday. While at lunch, she gave me a present. Needless to say I was floored. Barb is a very creative and thoughtful person as this gift exemplifies. This is an original Disneyland Mickey Mouse Club record that was given to her by her mom and dad along with a record player in 1962 when she was ? Years old. You know I can't post her age. I just wanted to share this with my fellow Disers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter