Novice Golfing

Hi all!
I want to learn how to golf (in my late 40’s)and thought it might be good to try and learn at Disney while I am relaxed. Any suggestions that can help me as far as location, golf pro, can I rent equipment, what will I need etc etc) or other tips and tricks suggestions. Just scoping it out at this point. Thanks!

Hi all!
I want to learn how to golf (in my late 40’s)and thought it might be good to try and learn at Disney while I am relaxed. Any suggestions that can help me as far as location, golf pro, can I rent equipment, what will I need etc etc) or other tips and tricks suggestions. Just scoping it out at this point. Thanks!

Disney’s courses offer rental equipment, and they do have private lessons, as well as half day and full day clinics.

Start with the 9-hole Trails course.
It is a walking course, fairly easy.
You might want to go to your local driving range before just starting at Disney, that way you have an idea of how far you would at least hit each club.

Start with the 9-hole Trails course.
It is a walking course, fairly easy.
You might want to go to your local driving range before just starting at Disney, that way you have an idea of how far you would at least hit each club.

Or getting there an hour early and using their driving range.

Hi all!

I got this from the head of instruction at WDW Golf. It may be of use to you as well.

"Our 45 minute lessons start at 75.00 per session, the half day lesson plan is 300.00 for one person and 150.00 for each additional person, and the full day lesson program is 500.00 for one person and 250.00 for each additional person. Our 9 hole playing lesson is 200.00. With the full day lesson plan your PGA professional will also be taking you on the course for a playing lesson. "

Thanks guys! Appreciate your very helpful advice! I hope I like it. I see a driving range in my future! ;)

Going to be doing a round myself at Oak Trail, towards the end of my trip. I would note that if you intend to do a bit of golfing on your trip, you may want to consider either Parkhopper Plus tickets or a Platinum Plus pass(if you are a passholder or interested in being), since you can get one free round a day at Oak Trail that way.

Absolutely take a lesson before going out for the first time. You should be able to rent clubs and shoes down there but i would bring tee's and balls from home. They will be very pricey in the pro shop. Also, remember one key thing, wherever you golf if you have people behind you let them play through. its the courteous thing to do when your starting out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter