• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Now it Time to Plan my Trip

fbarker

DIS Veteran
We normally go to WDW every year at the end of March. We did not go this year because we were planning an Alaskan Cruise, and no not trough WDW as we could not afford it and also wanted a cruise and land excursion to Denali. We just got back and we had a great time, if you haven't gone it should be on your list of must do's. Now its time to start planning our March 2019 visit to WDW. One great benefit of taking this cruise was i used my Disney charge card and I know have a significant balance to use for this 2019 trip. Since I have been away for a year I am looking for some help in planning. It's just me and my wife. Since we have been gone they have opened up Avatar and Toy Story Land, so these are both must to do's. I know I will be watching all the Dis Discussions, and Reviews in order to learn all the little secrets that will enhance our visit. We will be there for 6 days and will be staying on site, probably at POR-Riverside. So any little tidbits of help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

TSL is crazy right now. Park opens earlier even than 7:00 am and the lines get long quickly for Slinky Dog. Fast pass this or you will need to rope drop and that may still put you waiting an hour if things stay as they are now. AK with Pandora is beautiful but if you are going to ride FOP you will need to fast pass this also or be prepared to wait for hours. It really is crazy. I have no tricks up my sleeve...it is Fast Pass or wait in line. Bring a good book (like War and Peace). LOL

I would make FoP, SDD and FEA ( if that's an interest ) as your priorities for FPs. They are the hardest to get, but for my September trip I was able to get all 3 with some flexibility.

POR is a wonderful resort and a family favorite of ours. If you have never stayed there before, take a boat ride over to DS, it does take longer than the bus but so relaxing. You can also walk between POR and POFQ which is a pleasant walk along the water. POR has fun live music with YeeHaw Bob at the Roosters Roost and they also have a live duo at POFQ. It's a great location and the bus transportation is pretty good. If you're driving it's close to major arteries to get to Epcot, MK and HS. ( AK is just off the beaten path but still easy to get to. )

The best planning tip I’ve seen is to put your priority harder to get FP for days near the end of your trip. For example, if you plan to do AK on your 1st day, there would be very slim chance of getting a FP for FOP at 60day mark, but it’s easier to get on day 5 or 6 with more times available to choose from. Right now, the harder FP to get are FOP, SDD and 7DMT but all are possible, especially for a group of only 2 riders

I highly recommend eating at Satu’li Canteen in Pandora. Also, make some time to see Pandora at night- it’s beautiful and you may be able to ride FOP closer to park closing with a much shorter wait. They’ll post at least 60 minutes but typically it will take much less than that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter