Nursery Opening on Future Cruises ?

Cruising Girl

Mouseketeer
Has anyone heard if they will be opening the nursery back up anytime soon with all the other changes about masks being made? I know several of the recent cruises have had really low numbers on the nursery age children so am really hoping it might open back up soon.

I keep checking this too. It literally determines if we are going to shell out for another stateroom to bring grandparents to help out. Hoping it will be soon!!

We just got off the dream and won’t go back until the nursery is open or our child is old enough to be in the kids club. We had grandparents help but with no nursery someone has to be in the room while baby is napping and it really limits activities for the entire family

How strict are they with age? We go on the Wish in December 12-16 and our son will be 3 on the 18th. Also hoping at least by December things are “normal”

How strict are they with age? We go on the Wish in December 12-16 and our son will be 3 on the 18th. Also hoping at least by December things are “normal”
Well, in the past "to age 3" included 3 year olds. As in a 3 year old could do EITHER the nursery, or Oceanears. Don't know what the rules will be once they reopen.

A 2 year old goes to the nursery.

He should be ok but I would like to add he will need to be able to use the restroom independently
To clarify - to send a 3 year old to Oceanears Club/Lab, he would need to be able to use the restroom independently.

I believe that poster is asking about their child who won't be 3 until the cruise is over.

Last edited:
Yeah I would love this, cruising with a young 3 next month and we will only be able to leave her in kids club for short time. I’d feel more comfortable with nursery. We cancelled a prior cruise when she was too young for oceaneers.

A three year old can go to both Oceaneer’s and the Nursery, however a 2 year old cannot even be registered for Oceaneers until they turn 3. Even if they turn 3 during the cruise they wouldn’t be able to come to Oceaneers until the day of their birthday.

Has anyone heard if they will be opening the nursery back up anytime soon with all the other changes about masks being made? I know several of the recent cruises have had really low numbers on the nursery age children so am really hoping it might open back up soon.
We haven’t been told anything onboard yet.

A three year old can go to both Oceaneer’s and the Nursery, however a 2 year old cannot even be registered for Oceaneers until they turn 3. Even if they turn 3 during the cruise they wouldn’t be able to come to Oceaneers until the day of their birthday.
This is correct. Honestly if it were me I would move the cruise until after kid is 3. That way if the nursery is open they'll still be able to use it, but if not they at least can use the club.

And note that independently means truly independent. Club staff will not touch your kid, your kid's booty, or your kid's pants. Period.
Yep, they are super strict. In 2019 my son was potty trained in daytime, but still wearing nighttime pullups/training pants at night for occasional bed wetting. One night I changed him into his pullup and pjs before dropping him off in the club for Goofy's pajama party. I got a call from the club I needed to pick him up because they noticed he was wearing a pullup under his pjs and pullups are not allowed in the club. He didn't have an accident or anything, but just wearing the pullup was against the rules!

It’s a United States Public Health regulation that there’s no pull-ups or diapers in the Club/Lab, rather than a DCL rule.

What happens if a kid has an accident at the kids club? I mean besides calling the parents, is the kid kicked out of the kids club from that point forward or can they go back after being cleaned up?

my kid will be 3 when we cruise and we are working on potty training with the expectation she likely will be potty trained before the cruise but i’m worried, since she will be newer to being potty trained, that she will be having too much fun that she won’t want to leave what she is doing to go potty until it is too late.

What happens if a kid has an accident at the kids club? I mean besides calling the parents, is the kid kicked out of the kids club from that point forward or can they go back after being cleaned up?

my kid will be 3 when we cruise and we are working on potty training with the expectation she likely will be potty trained before the cruise but i’m worried, since she will be newer to being potty trained, that she will be having too much fun that she won’t want to leave what she is doing to go potty until it is too late.
She will be allowed back in once she is cleaned up. We cannot kick her out of the Club/Lab. if she is potentially prone to having regular accidents, we will ask you to come back and check on her more frequently and take her to the bathroom.
If you think that it will be an issue, the other option is for her to go to the Nursery.

It’s a United States Public Health regulation that there’s no pull-ups or diapers in the Club/Lab, rather than a DCL rule.
Well that explains it! I guess I thought what mattered was they knew how to use the potty but I see how people would send in non-potty-trained littles if pullups were allowed so I guess I get it.

That is not true. Both Carnival and NCL allow kids who are not potty trained in their kids clubs. Carnival simply asks that you pack their diaper and wipes. NCL I believe will call and ask a parent to come to the club to change their diaper, but nonpotty trained children are allowed.

That is not true. Both Carnival and NCL allow kids who are not potty trained in their kids clubs. Carnival simply asks that you pack their diaper and wipes. NCL I believe will call and ask a parent to come to the club to change their diaper, but nonpotty trained children are allowed.
We are told when we do our training that it is a USPH issue and that is why there are no diapers in the Club/Lab.
younger kids can have diapers/wipes sent with them to the nursery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter