Nursing Questions

gonzalj1

DIS Veteran
My DW and I are planning a trip in May of this year with our (then) 5 month old daughter. Although we've been to WDW plenty of time neither of us can seem to remember whether there are seating areas in the ladies rooms for nursing or if the baby stations are the only "designated" area for nursing. Also, we never noticed if all of the restrooms (men's and ladies) have changing tables.

Thanks

The restrooms have changing tables. As for nursing, I'm not sure of designated areas. I have nursed all over WDW. When DD wanted to nurse,we did. I never looked for a special area. I just found a comfortable spot, nursed and kept on going.

There are "baby stations" in each park which have nursing areas. The one at MK is behind the Crystal Palace Restaurant and it is great. They have rocker/glider chairs, it's air conditioned, and there's a TV with Disney movies playing to occupy older children who may be with you. I don't know the locations in the other parks, but I'm sure that each park has a station.

EPCOT's baby center is just toward the future world side of the Mexico pavilion, attached to what was the Odyssey Restaurant. It is also nice, with a quiet room to nurse in, toys, movies and such. I was not comfortable nursing in public areas, but found the baby centers to be convenient, and the changing tables were much nicer than what was in the restrooms. They have mobiles for the kids to look at, large tables with room for you bag, and lots of emergency supplies if you find there is something you are missing.

If you want somewhere out of the mainstream, the Baby Centers are very nice. There is nowhere to sit in the ladies rooms. Almost all of the ladies rooms do have changing areas, but they are the "bare slab of counter" type mostly.

Thanks for all the great info. It's nice to know that each park has a place for mom and baby, We feel better knowing these are there. Just curios if there are seats in the restrooms, besides the stalls, where mom can go to breastfeed if we're on the other side of the park from the baby station and don't feel like walking to the baby station.

Thanks for all the feedback

If you are on the wrong side of the park (and we know baby can't wait), I would suggest a dark ride or show. I know no one ever noticed us. We often selected the back row, or I had my family sit on either side of me. We hardly ever used the baby stations because it just wasn't convenient, and only once did I have to resort to a secluded bench. I've even seen a mother nursing on the monorail and I think I was the only person who noticed and only because I was a nursing mom.

If you are comfrontable, then you should be able to nurse (if you are discreet) anywhere in the park. I do no think that they can prevent you from feeding/nursing your baby any where in the park .

As a mother who nursed 2 babies (one for 13 months one for 15 months) I (personally) would not nurse my baby in the restroom.

I agree that there's nothing wrong with nursing where you need to nurse. Obviously, some discretion is necessary for your own comfort and everyone else's, but you can nurse a baby anywhere you can give a baby a bottle. None of the restrooms have a lounge area, so that won't work, but there are lots of quiet corners where you can sit and quietly nurse.

Also another nice place to nurse, (outside) was behind buzz Light year, off to the side between that and space mountain. I nursed both my kids there with no one around. I used a blanket to cover myself. I wasn't always comfortable nursing just anywhere, I should say with the first! LO! Second time much different. But this was a great place the older kids could ride several rides and no one was really around! You will find there are many out of the places to nurse and once you get the hang of it you can feed almost anywhere with a trusty blanket! Rides are great too, the gentle movie rides.

Spinning, I would have to disagree with you about the blanket. In my experience the blanket draws more attention to you. I've held conversations while nursing and people never even noticed that the baby was nursing, they just assumed I was holding a sleeping baby. With the blanket people wonder what your hiding. :)

True! I guess I look at it for my own comfort. The actual knowlegde of people knowing I was nursing didn't bother me but seeing a flash of my skin! :D! I usually used a small recieving blanket which most of the time would shift or move but I had it especially for the latching on and off. Just my comfort! Plus I usually brought it up more from the bottom and not really over my shoulder if that makes sense. I felt more in control. Also I think the age of the baby and nursing makes the biggest difference. My ds was only 2 months old, and it was rather chilly! So what ever works! I just found there were many nice places to sit and nurse and you could have some privacy even with people being around. The baby stations were nice but I didn't want to spend all my time int there!

Just wanted to add that the nursing station at MGM is near the front gate on the left as you enter the park. That one had 2 private rooms with gliders in it. The one at Animal Kingdom is kind of off to the left as you go around the Tree of Life before you get to the Harambe area where the safari area. The ones at MK and Epcot were listed above. MK had a large room with lots of wooden rocking chairs. All of them were different and all were quite handy in their own way. They were always quiet and I was usually the only one in them! I think they were a blessing for our trip with a 6 month-old. We took one day at Sea World and their equivalent area was horrible in comparison. All of the attendants in the ones at WDW were super helpful and also very lonely!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter