• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NYE Fireworks,

twolittletinkerbells

Mouseketeer
Does each park do something? If not which ones? Anybody with a recommendation who has seen some of them? Trying to decide what to do. Thanks

Magic Kingdom does Fantasy in the Sky with a special countdown finale with 360° fireworks. This is the MOST POPULAR destination. You can see this also on December 30th.

Epcot does Illuminations with a special Countdown featuring fireworks celebrating each country's NYE in the order they receive it, finishing with America and the grand NYE finale.

Hollywood Studios will have Fantasmic and JBJB early, and the will have a special showcase of Star Wars Galactic Spectacular fireworks show at midnight.

Animal Kingdom doesn't have any midnight shows. It is scheduled to close at 11 PM.

If you wish to go to MK, arrive early, or late, as it will close during the day due to Capacity issues but will probably reopen in the evening. This is the MOST CROWDED park for NYE.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/new-years-eve/#/drawer=drawerNewYearsEveDance

No WDW fireworks show is better than Epcot’s NYE Fireworks. (I was unsure about the hype until I experienced them last year :goodvibes)

MK will have their show on the 30th, and it appears they will have them at 6:30pm on the 31st.

The problem with DHS is so few places with a good fireworks view because it’s all buildings along walkways (Although TSL added some space)

If you're going to be in the parks both days, I'd recommend seeing the MK fireworks on the 30th and the Epcot fireworks on the 31st. Epcot's show is only available that night, and is in my opinion the best of the fireworks shows I've seen. MK's is very impressive, but because you can see it on the 30th and because the park gets SO packed on the 31st, it's best to do it that way (at least until EVERYONE reads about that option, and suddenly the 30th at MK is just as packed).

Magic Kingdom does Fantasy in the Sky with a special countdown finale with 360° fireworks. This is the MOST POPULAR destination. You can see this also on December 30th.

Epcot does Illuminations with a special Countdown featuring fireworks celebrating each country's NYE in the order they receive it, finishing with America and the grand NYE finale.

Hollywood Studios will have Fantasmic and JBJB early, and the will have a special showcase of Star Wars Galactic Spectacular fireworks show at midnight.

Animal Kingdom doesn't have any midnight shows. It is scheduled to close at 11 PM.

If you wish to go to MK, arrive early, or late, as it will close during the day due to Capacity issues but will probably reopen in the evening. This is the MOST CROWDED park for NYE.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/new-years-eve/#/drawer=drawerNewYearsEveDance

No WDW fireworks show is better than Epcot’s NYE Fireworks. (I was unsure about the hype until I experienced them last year :goodvibes)

MK will have their show on the 30th, and it appears they will have them at 6:30pm on the 31st.

The problem with DHS is so few places with a good fireworks view because it’s all buildings along walkways (Although TSL added some space)

MK runs Fantasy in the Sky fireworks followed by a NYE countdown finale at both 6:30 and 11:50 on both 12/30 and 12/31.

If you're going to be in the parks both days, I'd recommend seeing the MK fireworks on the 30th and the Epcot fireworks on the 31st. Epcot's show is only available that night, and is in my opinion the best of the fireworks shows I've seen. MK's is very impressive, but because you can see it on the 30th and because the park gets SO packed on the 31st, it's best to do it that way (at least until EVERYONE reads about that option, and suddenly the 30th at MK is just as packed).

Wow. Thanks everyone. Just what I needed. I knew you guys would have the low down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter