• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oahu and Kauai or Just Oahu?

but the menu is just too limited for my picky DD and semi-picky DH
I thought the same - I'm a picky eater and don't like a lot of meats or even Hawaiian flavors. I was worried I'd be hungry and not eat a lot of what was served. But I was pleasantly surprised! There were certainly some items DH and I tried and did not like at all, but we liked a lot of it and were full by the end of the show. They bring out so many courses that the portions are relatively small, so its no biggie if you don't eat something. Looking back at the menu, they make it sound a lot more exotic and unique than it looked in front of you. I can't even match up the menu item descriptions with the pics I took of the food! lol!

Drums of the Pacific looks like a show my DS would enjoy but the food looks pretty plain. Although it looked on par with Paradise Cove which we still enjoyed tremendously. Anyone done it?

We went to Drums of the Pacific back in 2017 and really enjoyed it. The food wasn't the best I've ever had but it was pretty good and plenty of choices for everyone (kids were 10 and 8 at the time).

I thought the same - I'm a picky eater and don't like a lot of meats or even Hawaiian flavors. I was worried I'd be hungry and not eat a lot of what was served. But I was pleasantly surprised! There were certainly some items DH and I tried and did not like at all, but we liked a lot of it and were full by the end of the show. They bring out so many courses that the portions are relatively small, so its no biggie if you don't eat something. Looking back at the menu, they make it sound a lot more exotic and unique than it looked in front of you. I can't even match up the menu item descriptions with the pics I took of the food! lol!
Well here’s my dilemma....I thought we’d do a sunset sail for my daughter’s 21st birthday—how cool would that be??? But she thought it sounded boring and said she’d rather do a luau so maybe she’d get called up to dance! (This is my kid who’s so shy, she hates it order her own food.....??) So I really want to go to one where she likes the food, and the Te Au Moana menu appealed to her more. And there is the plus that if she has a couple of mai tais and can’t handle them, since we’re in walking distance to our hotel, I dont end up cleaning out a rental car!! 🤣🤣🤣

Well here’s my dilemma....I thought we’d do a sunset sail for my daughter’s 21st birthday—how cool would that be??? But she thought it sounded boring and said she’d rather do a luau so maybe she’d get called up to dance! (This is my kid who’s so shy, she hates it order her own food.....??) So I really want to go to one where she likes the food, and the Te Au Moana menu appealed to her more. And there is the plus that if she has a couple of mai tais and can’t handle them, since we’re in walking distance to our hotel, I dont end up cleaning out a rental car!! 🤣🤣🤣
lol that's a good plan! With that information, I can tell you there was only one audience participation moment during Feast at Lele, and they call up a guy from the front row for it. Seating is assigned there in the order you book it (early bookings sit up front). So she might have better luck getting called up elsewhere anyway!

Kula is on Haleakala. There is no such thing as the "kula mountains".

ARE YOU KIDDING ME! wow... well thank you Karen! lol...
PEOPLE... I MEANT the mountains in kula!
this person has issues.. obviously.. if after me providing all the info for everyone to enjoy.. they choose to be a smartypants (i want to use a dif word but ill be nice) and point out a wording issue... GIVE ME A BREAK. lol its quite funny actually that people like that exist.

but the menu is just too limited for my picky DD and semi-picky DH

My hubby is picky too and he actually enjoyed it a lot!!! the food is restaurant quality food vs. buffet.

How about Te Au Moana? That one would be closest to our hotel so we can actually take advantage of the bar. Food looks good and the backdrop of the ocean is lovely. Anyone been?

I havent been but if you are staying in the Wailea area I understand. The drive back from Lahaina is long after the luau but Hubby always does it :) haha so i still take advantage of the bar!

I think no matter what you choose you'll have a good time! they have pretty good reviews. But feast at lele its just a different more intimate experience than all other luaus. that's all :)

When you go to Pearl Harbor don’t bring anything you don’t want to carry with you. They are thieves that patrol the parking lot and because they have restrictions on what you can bring in , a lot of people leave things in the car. We were there in a rented van , but were aware of the issue, but they broke into the van anyway. We had the local police come but it’s Federal government Property and they had no jurisdiction. They suspected the hired security might be involved as they didn’t see anything on their cameras. Just a heads up. Also plan on all day. Don’t forget Fords island and airfield.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter