Oasis (Refurb) or Harmony

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
Deciding between these 2 ships for a March trip with our kids. Have been on Allure but not been on Oasis or Harmony (and have Symphony coming up). At this time, prices are similar for the stateroom category we're looking at...but expect Oasis to increase once they release the refurbishment changes.

With Harmony, we know the amenities. We've also never been to one of its stops that quite interests DH. My main concern is that it's out of Port Canaveral, which is further from the airport, and airline costs may be even extra high due to Orlando being the airport for Disney (during our March break).

With Oasis, we don't know what changes are coming with the refurbishment so its a bit of an unknown, but can hope for fun things added such as waterslides, and other. Another bonus is that we could get a room with a pullman and sofa bed at the moment, so our kids who will be teen and pre-teen, won't have to share a sofa bed. The main downside is we have done this exact same itinerary.

If the ships were as today, we'd go with Harmony as the waterslides are a big attraction for our kids, but thinking they'll most likely add to them to Oasis (along with some other things like laser tag, sky pad...who knows...just looking at what was done to recent ships)

Thoughts?

Considering how popular the Oasis class is I wouldn’t expect TOO much to change.

I agree about MCO. If you could fly into the other Orlando airport or Tampa for less that might be an option. Port Canveral is pretty easy to get to, and if you rent a car they’re pretty accustomed to one way trips (prices are reasonable as well).

A thing to consider is that Harmony’s sofa converts to a single bed with a trundle. I don’t think they have any that convert to a double.

Hmm...what do you mean by their sofa beds? If they each get their "own" bed then that's a big thing for us. From the deck plan (for promenade room) it lists double sofa bed.

Last edited:
Well on Oasis the sofa folds out flat and you get a double.

On Harmony the basically throw some sheets on the sofa for one single bed and pull out a trundle from underneath for the other.

There might be a Pullman in some of the rooms but I can’t confirm that.

Well on Oasis the sofa folds out flat and you get a double.

On Harmony the basically throw some sheets on the sofa for one single bed and pull out a trundle from underneath for the other.

There might be a Pullman in some of the rooms but I can’t confirm that.

That would be totally good for us (the trundle vs pullman). Is this is all rooms? We're looking at a promenade. I tried searching for pictures but can't find any PR rooms showing the bed opened up for night time.

Deciding between these 2 ships for a March trip with our kids. Have been on Allure but not been on Oasis or Harmony (and have Symphony coming up). At this time, prices are similar for the stateroom category we're looking at...but expect Oasis to increase once they release the refurbishment changes.

With Harmony, we know the amenities. We've also never been to one of its stops that quite interests DH. My main concern is that it's out of Port Canaveral, which is further from the airport, and airline costs may be even extra high due to Orlando being the airport for Disney (during our March break).

With Oasis, we don't know what changes are coming with the refurbishment so its a bit of an unknown, but can hope for fun things added such as waterslides, and other. Another bonus is that we could get a room with a pullman and sofa bed at the moment, so our kids who will be teen and pre-teen, won't have to share a sofa bed. The main downside is we have done this exact same itinerary.

If the ships were as today, we'd go with Harmony as the waterslides are a big attraction for our kids, but thinking they'll most likely add to them to Oasis (along with some other things like laser tag, sky pad...who knows...just looking at what was done to recent ships)

Thoughts?

I've actually found the opposite. It's usually cheaper for me to fly into MCO during school breaks over FLL ofr MIA. Because there are so many more flights available. It may depend on where you live though.

That would be totally good for us (the trundle vs pullman). Is this is all rooms? We're looking at a promenade. I tried searching for pictures but can't find any PR rooms showing the bed opened up for night time.

Was on Oasis, the sofa folds down strange to create a full size bed, not sure a legit full size. Only DS slept on it. It worked out great and the steward closed it up each day.

Just got off Harmony and the sofa is really a day bed, which is made up to a twin, underneath is a trundle that pulls out. Was only DS so I have to say the twin vs the Oasis full kinda stunk, but if you have two people the Harmony would be preferable if they don't normally sleep together. Steward left it made up as a bed each day ..... but we had a large balcony so our time in cabin was out there.

This is supposedly a Harmony Promenade room (our family had one and yes it looked like this but they didn't use daybed)... this is the daybed and that black thing you see is the handle to pull out the trundle bed. The trundle will take up most the floor space.

Note if you can get a Promenade room off Central Park it will be MUCH QUIETER and get dark at night vs facing the mall and all the lights.

PHOTO CREDIT: Cruise Deck Plans

HarAtr760-43933-1509236369.jpg

CRUISE CRITIC POST

sofabed3.jpg.689d1eff41ba9d7210bb960673fdae24.jpg

I've actually found the opposite. It's usually cheaper for me to fly into MCO during school breaks over FLL ofr MIA. Because there are so many more flights available. It may depend on where you live though.
Where are you flying from? We'd fly out of Pearson.

HopperFan, thank you so much for the photo. That would work fine as they'd each have their own space (or would seem so since separate mattresses) . We were on Mariner and sounds like Oasis where it's a double sofa bed...so this is better.

I can't help with the bed situation but I would choose Harmony myself, just in case they don't put waterslides on Oasis (though I imagine they will as they have been with the other ships they are updating). And I love cruising from Port Canaveral, it's so easy to add a day to the front or back of the trip and go to Disney, even just going to Disney Springs and saying onsite is enough for us :) I believe RCL has some sort of connection to Universal so you could maybe add that on if your family prefers. Will Oasis be out of FLL or Miami? I don't mind FLL so much, it's so close to the airport. We haven't gone from Miami yet. We are in Ottawa and can only get direct flights to FLL so it would be a longer shuttle to Miami, probably compares to Port Canaveral I guess?

Note if you can get a Promenade room off Central Park it will be MUCH QUIETER and get dark at night vs facing the mall and all the lights.

Meant to mention as well that when searching, only interior virtual (which is really small), promenade and spacious interior shows for Harmony for 4 people. Would actually love a Central Park interior but either not available (although dates just released) or not for 4...or they are just holding back on these if they do exist.

I can't help with the bed situation but I would choose Harmony myself, just in case they don't put waterslides on Oasis (though I imagine they will as they have been with the other ships they are updating). And I love cruising from Port Canaveral, it's so easy to add a day to the front or back of the trip and go to Disney, even just going to Disney Springs and saying onsite is enough for us :) I believe RCL has some sort of connection to Universal so you could maybe add that on if your family prefers. Will Oasis be out of FLL or Miami? I don't mind FLL so much, it's so close to the airport. We haven't gone from Miami yet. We are in Ottawa and can only get direct flights to FLL so it would be a longer shuttle to Miami, probably compares to Port Canaveral I guess?

We also have a 4 day booked out of Port Canaveral (Mariner in summer) and we're thinking of adding a few days at Disney if we think we can stand the heat. This trip though is 7 days and over march break so no extra days as we don't want our kids to miss school. Good to know though that it's not too much of a pain.

Oasis is FLL. We've done both Miami and Fort Lauderdale and they're both pretty easy. FLL is super close. Miami is maybe 15 minute ride and there are hotels near the airport and also near port so both good cruise ports.

Meant to mention as well that when searching, only interior virtual (which is really small), promenade and spacious interior shows for Harmony for 4 people. Would actually love a Central Park interior but either not available (although dates just released) or not for 4...or they are just holding back on these if they do exist.

I was going to ask .... we have yet to find an interior window room that will book 3 but didn’t look too hard as we wanted hump balcony. So looks like that is the case.

We really wanted to go back on an Oasis class ship (did the Allure before) and after watching it for a few months we ended up booking a 5 night on the Independence instead. It just had all of the upgrades done to it, might be an option to look into as well.

We really wanted to go back on an Oasis class ship (did the Allure before) and after watching it for a few months we ended up booking a 5 night on the Independence instead. It just had all of the upgrades done to it, might be an option to look into as well.

Funny enough DH and I just got off a 4 night cruise on Independence. We had a fantastic cruise as it's an amazing ship! We weren't with our kids so the waterslides and sky pad didn't interest us but we did take our kids on Mariner with the same features and they loved them....which is why I'm questioning Oasis as well and what changes they will end up adding. You'll love the Independence.

We booked Harmony for now as we know the features and like the itinerary...but still questioning Oasis for what they end up adding...and I do like the option of sofa bed + pullman (but if Harmony has sofa bed + trundle, then that's better than shared sofa bed and would work too). And hoping flight costs aren't extra high because Orlando is the airport for Disney World and cruise port.

Last edited:
I think it's an easy choice for Harmony. They won't really refurbish the staterooms or many common areas on Oasis, and Harmony/Symphony really have much more modern and sophisticated interior design IMO.

I think it's an easy choice for Harmony. They won't really refurbish the staterooms or many common areas on Oasis, and Harmony/Symphony really have much more modern and sophisticated interior design IMO.

Yes good point. The staterooms do look nice (although I don't know why they got rid of the Pullman option). But I'm sure public areas are nicer too on Harmony.
The main thing for us is the amenities (what they add) and shows. Still debating on booking Oasis, but have a Harmony booking, so leaning towards Harmony.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter