Oct 30 2010 7 Night Western (PART 2)

SC Dizney Dawn, nevermind I got your email! Thanks!! :) Jen

Jeff, what an amazing job you did on that tutorial!! I too wish I had it on Saturday! :goodvibes That will be so helpful for everyone that has yet to make their bookings! And yeah I copied it and pasted it into word and kept it for next time! THANKS!! :thumbsup2

Thanks! Glad you liked it. I hope it is helpful.

Also concerned about Fantasy Fest...I saw some pictures where it appeared body paint was the only thing being worn by some :eek:

I definitely want to get to the Southernmost point just to get the necessary photo. I also want to visit Hemingway house if for no other reason than to see the resident cats, something DD would love to see.

And I am certainly not going to turn down the chance to eat some key lime pie....the biggest decision yet to make is what kind to get, traditional or frozen on a stick! :laughing:

If you check the Fantasy Fest schedule you will see that the last day is Children's Day, which is the day we are there. I am hopeful, that the "fantasy" part of that festival is over.

So I was looking at the Hop on hop off trolley but it said it only runs til like 4:30. And we don't get into Key west til like 12:30. Does this still seem worth it?

We are buying an eTicket mostly to use the Trolley as a form of public transportation. We think it will be a great way to get around Key West, see what we want, get off and on when we want and then finish up back where we started. Maybe a high price for a "bus" ticket, but it seems to be the best way to get to see the parts of Key West that we want to see.

I think they said on the site that it's a 90 minute ride, but you can hop off and on. So, I would think 4 hours would be plenty of time to get through what usually takes 90 minutes. I'm hoping to do it too.

Oh yeah I saw that but I mean if you stop at some of the stops and visit the museums it might be a time crunch. Figuring we get 4 hours then the 90 minute ride, plus possibly waiting... only leaves about 2 hours for any wandering

Not sure what we are gonna do - right now I asked our TA about the excursion we wanted to do but is not showing up (seeing if it's discontinued, full, or what's going on).

I guess I'm somewhat nuts, but I would love to see the craziness of Fantasy Fest (but no desire to join in :lmao:)... There still may be some leftover party going on, but the big bang will be over (I would have LOVED to have seen the parade on the 30th!)
I'm with you on that!:thumbsup2 I've always wanted to check out Fantasy Fest in person.:goodvibes

Would anyone be having their kids wear their Halloween costumes into Key West on the day we are there? It sounds like the trolly bus will be going right by the area where the childrens activities are happening. I don't think mine will, perhaps the youngest would want to. We'll be doing that Trolly tour as well, staying on it till the Southern most point, then hop off hop on on the way back. :)

I'm with you on that!:thumbsup2 I've always wanted to check out Fantasy Fest in person.:goodvibes

Me too. Although, I can't help but think about when my sister came back from their cruise. She said the whole trip was awesome except she wasn't so happy about trying to explain why a guy riding a bike was only wear a tu tu. and only the tu tu. :confused3 My nephew told me that KW is no good for kids. When I asked him why? He said that there are no place to buy toys on the entire island except Walgreens. LOL.

If I can convince the wife, I'm fine in leaving the kid on the ship and let him play.

[
THESE MAGNET/TSHIRT DESIGNS WERE CREATED FOR THIS CRUISE BY DIZNEY-CRUISER & NENNER1:

untitled-2-1.jpg

BlackBackground.jpg

WhiteBackground.jpg

THESE MAGNET/TSHIRT DESIGNS WERE CREATED FOR THIS CRUISE BY TJBAGGOT:

Diserssailaway.jpg

Diserssailaway.jpg

RemberTheMagic1.jpg

THESE MAGNET/TSHIRT DESIGNS WERE CREATED BY PDARRAH:

dismemberonboard_Plain.jpg

MagicalDreams_lrg.jpg

THESE MAGNET/TSHIRT DESIGNS WERE CREATED BY JORDAK:

coffee_cove1.jpg

Priceless.jpg

Would anyone be having their kids wear their Halloween costumes into Key West on the day we are there? It sounds like the trolly bus will be going right by the area where the childrens activities are happening. I don't think mine will, perhaps the youngest would want to. We'll be doing that Trolly tour as well, staying on it till the Southern most point, then hop off hop on on the way back. :)

I don't think so. I think I will let them wear their costumes for our Disboard TOT and then change them before we head off to explore Key West. I think it might be too hot and uncomfortable for them to walk around otherwise. Maybe I will have them wear Halloween themed t-shirts instead. I think they may want their costumes back on when we return to the ship and likely then wear them to dinner, depending upon what the ships activity schedule for that day looks like.

Old Town Trolley Update:

I just called and spoke to a very nice person who explained that the last trolley leaves Mallory square at 4:30 and returns 90 minutes later (duration of tour) around 6:00 PM.

I was trying to get an idea when the last trolley would be heading back to Mallory square. He said, depending on where you are on the 12 stop circuit you should probably look to grab a trolley no later than 5:00 PM. Worst case scenario you could take a cab back to Pier "B".

If you buy the eTicket online you print it out at your computer, bring it with you, and show it to the trolley operator. No need to go to the ticket booth at Mallory square.

I don't think Morgan will wear her costume around KW. I'm planning on making the Mickey tie dye shirts for all of us in Halloween colors. I'm sure DH will give me crap about us all dressing the same, but will probably do it.

I'm not planning on having my girls wear their Halloween costumes on Key West. They probably will have swimsuits on under their clothes just in case there are "get wet" opportunities in KW, especially if it is a hot day there.

I just read a post today by Snelsbrown. Thought it would be worth for the rest of us considering meeting at FishLips the evening before our cruise, to have a read.

"I, myself, hesitate about Fishlips simply b/c of the few times I have been there, the service has not been up to par and also the fact that salad, breads etc do not come with the meals and are extra if you want them.
They do have a great view of the channel and ships coming in, but I will still stick with either Grills or Rusty's - With Milligans's I feel that refills should not be an extra charge and the acoustic creates a lot of noise that makes talking kinda hard, but they do have a beautiful place and scenery of the channel again these are my own thoughts and feelings"
email [/email] snelsonbrown@aol.com

I'm going to go where ever the rest of the group is going, if thats Fishlips, thats still ok with me. Their prices are great, and I love whats on their menu for me since I can't eat seafood. What do the rest of you think? :)

(I also love the Fish Lips Website Video!) http://www.fishlipswaterfront.com/

Question regarding our Nachi Day. Do we HAVE to have the confirmation document/email that was sent to us, in order to get in?
We had our computer fixed last month, and although the guy backed up EVERYTHING I had asked him to, I forgot to say that my entire IN box was also very important. So I no longer have that email confirmation from Island Marketing. Will this be an issue or should I re-contact them and ask them to send me a copy? :)

Question regarding our Nachi Day. Do we HAVE to have the confirmation document/email that was sent to us, in order to get in?
We had our computer fixed last month, and although the guy backed up EVERYTHING I had asked him to, I forgot to say that my entire IN box was also very important. So I no longer have that email confirmation from Island Marketing. Will this be an issue or should I re-contact them and ask them to send me a copy? :)

I recommend contacting IM and asking them to email you another copy. I've heard you might need it to show the taxi driver (b/c most know NC has a maximum limit) and you also will definitely need it to show the person at the entrance to pay off your balance. Remember that they only accept cash or travelers checks, no credit cards, at check-in there.

Beth

I recommend contacting IM and asking them to email you another copy. I've heard you might need it to show the taxi driver (b/c most know NC has a maximum limit) and you also will definitely need it to show the person at the entrance to pay off your balance. Remember that they only accept cash or travelers checks, no credit cards, at check-in there.

Beth

Thanks Beth, I'll contact them now. :)

:wave: Hi there, we have just booked this cruise. I'm Mandy, and I'm a moderator over on the UK Community forum

I will be travelling with my hubby Paul and we've booked a Cat 11 GTY

I'll read through your thread tomorrow, and see what's what :)

:wave: Hi there, we have just booked this cruise. I'm Mandy, and I'm a moderator over on the UK Community forum

I will be travelling with my hubby Paul and we've booked a Cat 11 GTY

I'll read through your thread tomorrow, and see what's what :)

Hey Mandy! Great to see you joining us on this cruise (you are aware it is a Halloween, not a Christmas celebration I take it???!! :rotfl:)

Been spending most of my time planning like a demon on the Cruise board, not been on the Community Board for ages and ages :blush: If you read the first post on this thread, it has all of the info you need I think, Janice has done a great job of keeping it up to date. There have a been a few meets I have missed over the years for one reason or another, but delighted we will hopefully finally get to meet on the Magic :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter