October 13, 2012--Magical Galveston Cruise!!!

LD NURSE

Mouseketeer
Anybody sailing on the Magic out of Galveston? We were going to sail on the Fantasy--but couldn't pass up sailing out of Texas!!!!! Hello no airfare!!!!WOOHOO!!! This will be my first 7 day cruise!! It will be me, dh, and ds--14 at the time.:goodvibes

We will be sailing out of galveston on this cruise also, Are you taking your son out of school? We have to .It will be me and dh, mother in law, and ds 16 and ds14 at the time we sail. My parents may be going also. We get to save on airfare because it is a 9 hr drive for us. Deanna

We are booked! Travel party will be me, dh, dd who will turn 10 on the cruise and ds 7.5. CANNOT WAIT!!!!!

Woohoo! Some people going too! I live in Oklahoma, so, it's not too far to drive. This cruise falls over our Fall break here--so my son will only have to miss 3 days. It makes me feel a little better. He's a good student though, so, I hope it'll be ok. This will be my first 7 night--and I'm VERY excited!:cool1:

Ld Nurse, I wish I school had their school calender out that far ahead. I want know until next March. I hope that I picked a good week, Deanna

Deanna-our school's isn't out yet either, but another school in the distrct has their calander out. They typically are out the same time. I hope so. If not--Hayden better make some good grades. Cause I told him--that I'll leave him home--if his grades aren't good.:thumbsup2--Karrie

Hi 2boogersmom, Are you taking your kids out of school? I was just wondering. We are taking ours out. Deanna

Just booked!!! Will be on deck 6. Our first 7 night cruise. Myself, DW, DD who will be 10 at time of cruise. IT looks like nearly all the crew at the fire station may go themselves. Wasn't planned that way, but more the marrier.

I've got several friends at work who might go too!!!! I can't wait to sail the MAGIC!

I've got several friends at work who might go too!!!! I can't wait to sail the MAGIC! Elohim!

It's great to to see a post for our cruise date. Just done a Carnival cruise and was so disappointed. After doing a Disney cruise for our first ruined us for others. Were leaving tomorrow to head to Tulsa to visit family.

Hi 2boogersmom, Are you taking your kids out of school? I was just wondering. We are taking ours out. Deanna

Hi Deanna!
Yes, we will be taking the kids out for the whole week. I am a firm believer that both school AND family time are important! Also, getting off schedule doesn't really affect our kids so there is no worry there either. I also do not want to pay $2000.00 more to go over Thanksgiving (even though a bunch of Disney peeps are going on that one). I am hoping (but not hopeFUL) that this cruise is not as full as the Thanksgiving one, and if we can throw in DDs bday, even better!

I cannot wait! We go to Galveston quite a bit just to have a fun Saturday outing so we are going to try not to let the kids know what we are doing until we are almost in the terminal! Hope it works.

FYI: we went to Galveston this week for vacation and took a dolphin boat ride which boarded right where all the cruise ships dock and the captain said next year there will be 5(!) cruises leaving from there: 2 Carnivals (a 2400 passenger one and a 4600 passenger one) a Princess, a Royal Carribean and for 4 months the Disney Magic, then said the Magic ones were selling VERY quickly. He didn't say it about any of the others. Hope they sell well enough to keep them coming back!

Terri

Husband and I will be sailing on this cruise also. First time to cruise. We are lookind forward to cruising. :smickey:

You'll love cruising. Disney may spoil you though. I took a cruise on NCL and it was ok, but Disney really has the best service!:goodvibes

If their cruises are anything like DWD resorts, we should have an awesome time. But, do have a question, when you do the rotation dining, I'm concerned I wont have the right type of clothes, I've read things, and now just confused ! Some say nice jeans, and shirt, I've read suits and evening dress. ?????:mickeyjum

Shaned about the rotation dining and clothes. I (my opinion) is that I don't let the family wear jeans to eat. We wear dress pants(dockers) and polo type shirts for the men in my family( boys age 15 and 13 and my husband). We have never worn suits and we fit in nicely with everybody else. I personally prefer pants over dresses. I will take a couple pairs of black pants and different shirts to wear with them. I may bring one Sunday type dress to wear. I hardly wear heels(I am not comfortable wearing them anymore because I wear tennis shoes all day at work so I would most likely fall and break my neck). There are people who get really dressed up and some that are casual. I hope that it helps, by the way you will have a great time. This will be your third Disney cruise and I cannot wait. Deanna:

Thank you Deanna - that helps alot. Dockers and Polo shirt is what I was thinking for hubby. I haven't worn a dress in months, heels (like you - not happening). Will take your lead on slacks and several blouses.

Dena:smickey:

I just changed my 11/9/12 booking to this date and I am so excited!! I was on the Dream 10/9 cruise that had to stay tied to the dock for the first night due to that freak storm that moved ashore and loved it, but I am so excited to have booked on board for the Magic! I can't wait to sail out of Galveston (an hour drive!!) and sail on a smaller ship. I am on deck 7 and not sure who is sailing with me yet. Hoping to talk dh into taking the time off but we shall see.

I did late dinner on the Dream but I am thinking of changing to early seating for this one because I like to see the later shows. Still pondering, but I know I will have to decide soon. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter