October 1st, 2011 Western Caribbean on the Magic!

B9erSteve

Disney Dad
Well, I might as well get this ball a'rollin'

My Name is Steve and I have a wife and two wonderful children (DS and DD) In just a few short days we'll be on the Magic and I'm making a beeline toward the reservations kiosk to re-book for our next great adventure. I plan to book this date and I'm looking at a 9a cabin.

We're going with my brother and his family as well as three families that I work with. (they've already booked, Some even snagged the Cat 10a SPH rooms!) I hoping to get all of us to post on this thread.

My personal plans for this vacation is to take a week in WDW and add it to a week on DCL. It's a vacation that I've been wanting to do for a long time.

Here's to a great time anticipating a great vacation and meeting new friends!

I have added a link to your thread on the main index page. Have a great cruise!:thumbsup2

Well, we just got back from our vacation and we've booked the next cruise!

I'm hoping that this cruise is every bit as fun as the one that I got off of.

We had an awesome vacation and enjoyed visiting and hanging out with all of the friends we made on the DIS board prior to our cruise. They are an amazing group of people. We are already looking forward to our next cruise and can't wait for it to be here. Just 2 more years. lol

hi everyone!
we're thinking of booking this cruise, it'll be me (karen) and my DH gary (both 29 at the mo) sailing. we were originally planning on the 2011 westbound transatlantic, but we've decided to do a 7 night cruise and 7 nights in disney too.
we havent booked yet, but are looking forward to cruising again! we've done two 3 night DCL cruises and think we're ready for a longer one now!

anyone interested in doing a FE exchange?

yay, we're now officially booked for this cruise!!! DH got the confirmation through today! and how about this for "its a small world", one of our cruisemates from our 3 night cruise in september is going to be on this cruise too! yay!

hi everyone!
we're thinking of booking this cruise, it'll be me (karen) and my DH gary (both 29 at the mo) sailing. we were originally planning on the 2011 westbound transatlantic, but we've decided to do a 7 night cruise and 7 nights in disney too.
we havent booked yet, but are looking forward to cruising again! we've done two 3 night DCL cruises and think we're ready for a longer one now!

anyone interested in doing a FE exchange?

yay, we're now officially booked for this cruise!!! DH got the confirmation through today! and how about this for "its a small world", one of our cruisemates from our 3 night cruise in september is going to be on this cruise too! yay!

Hello Karen. Welcome! We're thinking of spending time in WDW during this vacation too. We'll be there prior to the cruise for about 5-6 days.

You'll find it is really great to be cruising with people that you've cruised with before. On our cruise in Oct we cruised with a bunch of dis'ers that we cruised with 2 years prior. That was a blast!

I haven't decided on if we'll want to do the FE exchange this time or not. We had a lot of fun with the last one, and my kids really got a charge out of it. However, we're flying from CA and I ended up paying for an extra peice of luggage to carry it all. I'm already thinking that my budget has gotten crazy out of whack for this trip.

So far 3 of my co-workers and their families have booked and my brother and his family has booked. I've been unsuccessful at getting any of them to join the thread yet though.

Hey Karen, I just noticed that you're from the UK. We'll be in your neck of the woods in just a few days. Laura and I plan on celebrating New Years on the Thames.

oh cool! bring a coat though, its soooo icy and cold here at the mo. we live in southend, in essex, which is about an hour to the right of london. i've never managed to make it up to london for NYE but i've heard its supposed to be great. just wrap up warm!! especially if you've come from california, it'll be a bit of a shock to the system!!

this is our first "longer" cruise, only done 3 night cruises before so it'll be cool going to new places (and not going to nassau! :rotfl:), and really looking forward to it.
sounds like you've got quite a group of you going! should be great fun for you, have you guys all linked reservations so you can sit together?

if you do decide to join in the FE, let us all know, i'm definately up for starting one, and i'm pretty much sure there will definately be one by cruising time!

Yeah, I was thinking it would be cold. I like the cold but my wife, Laura, does not. We're bringing long underwear and fleece lined clothing. I figure that we we'll be pretty comfortable.

I like the longer cruises. I've never been on a short one with Disney, but I can't imagine spending the money to fly to Orlando for a short jaunt (I guess it makes sense if one is combining WDW)

My group is very excited about going. They've made me the travel guide since I've done this twice before. I plan on linking the reservations. But I think that I'll do it after the 75 day mark. A friend of mine learned that linking too early makes it difficult to schedule certain activities. His suggestion was to wait until everyone has made their Palos and excursion ressies then link.

I'll let you know about the FE. You're right, they'll definately be one by cruising time!

so when are you due to fly out? we've been having a bit of snow the past few days, and unfortunately our country sucks when it snows, we just cant handle it, the airports end up closing, the roads are chaos, public transport either gets delayed or cancelled. hopefully you dont have any problems coming over, but just be prepared. with the windchill its bitterly cold. DH is in scotland at the mo, due back tomorrow but he's snowed in at the moment, actually in town, he cant get back to his parent's house, and is looks like he might not be able to drive back down tomorrow.

Yeah I've been thinking about that lately. I see on flightstats.com that the delays at LHR are moderate with a decreasing trend so I have my fingers crossed. We bought fare on the heathrow express so I'm hoping that that won't be a problem either. Once I'm there it won't break my heart to be delayed a day or two on our return.

we always think that way too, we'd hate to be delayed on the way out, but we wouldnt mind being stuck at WDW for a day or two more :)

Hi Everybody! My name is Donna and my DH Bob and I will be on the cruise! Karen and I were on the cruise together in September. It was such a surprise when I saw that she was interested in going on this cruise because Bob and I booked this cruise, before the last one ended. I am so excited that Karen and Gary are going to be on this cruise too because we didn't get to spend much time with them on the last one and now we can! :banana:

hi donna! i was wondering when you'd find the thread! i'll be sure to bring over some more jelly babies for bob :) is kelly coming this time?

Hi Everybody! My name is Donna and my DH Bob and I will be on the cruise! Karen and I were on the cruise together in September. It was such a surprise when I saw that she was interested in going on this cruise because Bob and I booked this cruise, before the last one ended. I am so excited that Karen and Gary are going to be on this cruise too because we didn't get to spend much time with them on the last one and now we can! :banana:

Welcome Donna! Glad to have you here.

Hey Karen! No Kelly this time....just Bob and I. Kelly and Voni are talking about doing an cruise to Alaska with some of their other friends. Are you going to do a stay at Disney World as well? We are thinking about staying a few days. I really want to stay at Kidani Village....Kelly and I stayed there for two nights in early November, it was awesome! So far out of all the places we have stayed at together Bob likes Old Key West. I have a feeling that will change in May when we stay at BLT!

Well, it's just about midnight here, so I am going to get some sleep since I have to work in the morning. In case I don't make it back on tomorrow......:santa:

HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!! :santa:

we're planning on doing 7 nights in disney before the cruise, probably back at saratoga springs, gary really liked it there. i think jenny and lainey are planning on going to WDW around the same time too so we can have a big reunion!
so daft question :rotfl: but are you and bob up for the FE again?

and happy christmas everyone!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter