October 2008 code watch

I just wanted to thank you guys for posting those codes! I was able to book the second half of our trip yesterday (the first 8 days being spent at the swan) for the Yacht Club. 4 nights at the Yacht Club in a pool view room with basic dining and tickets for $1609. Even the agent at Disney, when the rate pulled up, said "Wow, that's a great price!"

You know you got a deal when they say that! :)

If anyone is going October 6-11 we have a double stroller available for those dates. Even if your kids are too big and you do not think you need one we would really like for a nice Disser to keep it for us during those dates. We are afraid that if we leave it with luggage for that length of time then it may be lost. Please help us! THANKS!!!

Yippie!!! I just checked my spam folder and found a pincode for free dining during my stay. We have to change from the cabins to two rooms at all star sports, the price only changes slightly but free dining!!!!!

Plus we dont have to rent a golf cart which just saved us $300!!!

:yay: :dance3: :yay: :dance3: :banana: :banana:

I don't think there are any codes for the general public, but....go to the disneyworld web-site; click on the "tickets & reservations" near the right side; then on the left side click on "special offers". Then click on "Fantastic Fall Offers" and pick one of the two. This will give you cheaper rates that just pulling the info up by "book a trip" option on the front screen. We save $504 this way.

Hope this makes sense.

We got 2 nts at WL stnd view Oct 4-6 for $170/nt using the GP room only discount.

Also got a nice nice rate at the Swan from Sept 30 - Oct 4 with CAA (Canadian AAA), though not as good if I was a teacher or nurse ;)

:banana:

Hooray Hooray Hooray!

My fiance and I booked our honeymoon waay back in April.

We are staying in a preferred room at the All-Star Sports Resort from 10/21 - 10/28 and have 8 day MYW tickets.

Our original price, including airfare, tax, the whole nine yards, was $1766. Now that is pretty reasonable to begin with, but I'm a bargain hunter.

Then I heard about free dining. No go on Disney's end, since #1 we're staying in between the offered dates and #2 no code of which to speak. That's okay, because I found this forum!!

I used the code FWT on the phone with a MOST helpful gentleman, and he refunded us $395! Now flying out of upstate NY for 8 days in Disney including a preferred room will only cost us $1371!

WOW! Now we can add the dining plan for around $140 more than our original total.... this board has DEFINITELY helped us, we will continue posting after our super exciting honeymoon in Disneyworld!

Thank you, everyone!

:rotfl:

Could someone walk a thoroughly confused person through a few things?

We are booked in the BC from 9/27 - 10/4. For 9/27, we have a AAA rate. For 9/28 - 10/4, we have an AP rate, which doesn't seem so great.

What would this FWT discount do for us? What about this AP discount with SXS? What do these things mean? Sorry to be so ignorant, but I would love a better discount, but I'm having a hard time weeding through all of this & keeping up.

What's a general discount with MXK? (I answered my own question by looking on the site - this is for a value resort only)
Can I get free dining now? How do I do this?

Someone mentioned to go to the DisneyWorld site and check the fall offers. I'll go do this, but if anyone could shed a little light on all these codes, I'd *greatly* appreciate it! :wizard:

What would this FWT discount do for us? What about this AP discount with SXS? What do these things mean?

Honestly, all I did was call and give them my reservation number and I spewed out like 3 separate codes that I found on here, and the FWT was my best bet, saving me nearly 25% off my original rate.

I would go ahead and give them a call, the man I had was extremely nice and helpful. He understood that I had no idea what I was talking about, I just gave the codes and hoped they would work! :thumbsup2

Honestly, all I did was call and give them my reservation number and I spewed out like 3 separate codes that I found on here, and the FWT was my best bet, saving me nearly 25% off my original rate.

I would go ahead and give them a call, the man I had was extremely nice and helpful. He understood that I had no idea what I was talking about, I just gave the codes and hoped they would work! :thumbsup2

Thanks! I called back like 2 weeks ago and asked if they could help me get a better rate. It seemed like the guy went through all the codes, but he didn't tell me what he was doing, so how do I know what he's doing, right? LOL.

I'll do that... I'll call and mention all the different codes, then ask what/if any of those codes could do for my price. Can't hurt, right? I'll also ask about free dining - it's been extended, is that correct? Oy, so much info. ;) This is just our most expensive WDW trip yet (BC with 5 people) so I want to be sure I'm getting the best deal.

:3dglasses

we ran the qxg code two days ago and saved 165.00 over our orginal rates....now i saw mention of code FWT??

should i have disney run this code to see if there is any savings? or are the two codes equal??

every little helps right??

i went ahead and called disney and they ran the FWT code, it actually would have cost us 25.00... so stuck with the orginal code.... didnt hurt to try i guess :)

i went ahead and called disney and they ran the FWT code, it actually would have cost us 25.00... so stuck with the orginal code.... didnt hurt to try i guess :)

How did they "run the code". I was just told that the AP discount I have on the room is the "best discount they offer" (which it seems not so great this year) and that he couldn't compare rates for me unless he tried to totally redo my reservation? This just seems off to me? Should I call back and try a different castmember? Ack!!!!!

Also, I was told there was no such thing as the AP Rate with SXS. He also didn't know what " AP " meant. Oy! :confused3 Very nice castmember, by the way, but I felt like I was banging my head against a wall. He said that people can't keep calling in and applying yet another discount to their reservation, which I get, but don't they understand that we'd want to be 100% sure that we're getting the best rate we can get and every little bit counts? :confused:

How did they "run the code". I was just told that the AP discount I have on the room is the "best discount they offer" (which it seems not so great this year) and that he couldn't compare rates for me unless he tried to totally redo my reservation? This just seems off to me? Should I call back and try a different castmember? Ack!!!!!

Also, I was told there was no such thing as the AP Rate with SXS. He also didn't know what " AP " meant. Oy! :confused3 Very nice castmember, by the way, but I felt like I was banging my head against a wall. He said that people can't keep calling in and applying yet another discount to their reservation, which I get, but don't they understand that we'd want to be 100% sure that we're getting the best rate we can get and every little bit counts? :confused:

The funny thing with the AP code-when I booked our Value for 9/28 - 10/4 we had a rate of 54/night. Now the last 2 nights are 74 and rack rate for the Fri!! The GP code is 59/night for the 6 nights. I guess they only put aside so many nights for AP and that's that.

The funny thing with the AP code-when I booked our Value for 9/28 - 10/4 we had a rate of 54/night. Now the last 2 nights are 74 and rack rate for the Fri!! The GP code is 59/night for the 6 nights. I guess they only put aside so many nights for AP and that's that.

I just think the AP discount is not anywhere as good as it used to be. At this point, I've already purchased my AP, so if I don't use the AP rates then I've wasted some money on buying an AP (vs. 7 day hopper tickets). I should just stop obsession and go with what I have. The trip is almost paid off anyway. :banana:

Arrrrrrgggggg...My sister went through the exact same thing...:confused3

I was "very very" careful when booking our reservations for our February trip.

I just think the AP discount is not anywhere as good as it used to be. At this point, I've already purchased my AP, so if I don't use the AP rates then I've wasted some money on buying an AP (vs. 7 day hopper tickets). I should just stop obsession and go with what I have. The trip is almost paid off anyway. :banana:

I really don't think they are as good as they used to be either. Not that I don't think others should receive discounts, but in the past the AP rate was offered and always beat the GP rates. It also seems that they were available a little earlier. Maybe it's just when we were going in comparsion to the range of dates for AP discount. On our trip next week we ended up in 2 different date ranges. (sept 26-Oct 4, thus 2 reservations) The AP does have other benefits like the meal discounts (which also used to be all days) and the DDE card. We do have the DDE card and have saved with it. It is especially good for us since we have been staying in the Values and the Food courts at all of them. 20% off is a good deal at the food courts.

Arrrrrrgggggg...My sister went through the exact same thing...:confused3

I was "very very" careful when booking our reservations for our February trip.

It's tough... I *thought* I was very very careful. :3dglasses There's just so many codes & things now, plus having to break things up for the week (we have one night at a AAA rate, 6 nights at AP rate). It's a lot more confusing and there's almost too many things floating around (especially all the codes I read about here in this thread. :laughing: ). I swear that I learn something new every single time we go back. :tilt:

I really don't think they are as good as they used to be either. Not that I don't think others should receive discounts, but in the past the AP rate was offered and always beat the GP rates. It also seems that they were available a little earlier. Maybe it's just when we were going in comparsion to the range of dates for AP discount. On our trip next week we ended up in 2 different date ranges. (sept 26-Oct 4, thus 2 reservations) The AP does have other benefits like the meal discounts (which also used to be all days) and the DDE card. We do have the DDE card and have saved with it. It is especially good for us since we have been staying in the Values and the Food courts at all of them. 20% off is a good deal at the food courts.

Yeah right now, I'm just thankful for the AP because we're buying the DDE card when we get there. It'll help with food costs a lot. BTW, I'll be there from 9/27 - 10/4 and also had to split my trip into two parts. We're so close to going! Very exciting, right? :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter