October 2013 - Car Rental

Still working on my May 2013 reservation, but always have an eye out for my October 2013 too.

exactly us too :)
may 8-18 (DD & self)
oct 5-14 (DH & self)
both BWV :love:

the problem with our car rentals is that we only will rent at the Dolphin Alamo/National (love, LOVE the ppl there) - they aren't included in some of the specials (airport).

geez, 3 months is too far away.........

I made a reservation for first half of October and the following code is working.

ALAMO:
30 USD discount for the total reservation using the following:

Coupon AD2492ACX :thumbsup2

"Reserve any size car in the United States, Latin America or Caribbean.
Valid for a rental of at least 5 days with a Saturday overnight keep.
Valid through 12/31/13."

looks like that is the entertainment book code - so you will most likely need a coupon.

looks like that is the entertainment book code - so you will most likely need a coupon.

I do not think it is a coupon from any book.

It is free for everyone enrolled in the United Airlines Mileage Plus (it is free to enroll).

I got this from the Alamo webpage, no coupon books. Checkout the Alamo Web Page:

https://www.alamo.com/en_US/car-ren...ty/AD2492ACX-united-airlines-mileageplus.html

I live in South America, 5555 miles South of the Cinderella's Castle, so normally I cannot get any discounts from books. I am a detail/numbers "freak", (I work as an analyst, I crunch numbers for a living :coffee:), so the discounts better be there when I arrive :rotfl:, that is why I try to plan months ago in advance and find any true and/or legal discounts I can use.

For us, just the airfare, is around 4500 USD flying economy and buying the tickets 10 months in advance, so imagine I want to have every discount I can get! :beach:

Shelly F - Ohio said:
Looking this far out and you will get sticker SHOCK. As your trip gets closer is when you will find the best deal:thumbsup2

I agree, once it gets closer you usually find better deals since the rental companies are trying to get rid of vehicles

I agree, once it gets closer you usually find better deals since the rental companies are trying to get rid of vehicles

Yes, you are right. But sometimes you need to have some price reference when you start thinking about your vacation (we are always on a budget vacation :rolleyes1). For our October 2011 trip I started looking for prices in January. I changed the reservations at least 6 times before the trip, every month getting better prices. In 2012 I only used Disney transportation.

I'm in! We will need a car October 5 - 12 ~ of course looking for the best rate!

I'll keep my eyes posted here and for discounts!

Thanks for sharing your deals!

As a cost saving tip - thanks to a suggestion by RobinB, we saved major $$$ in December on a week's rental. For some reason - renting offsite (picking up at a location other than the airport) saves major $$ - like hundreds! So even with a $40 taxi ride to offsite, you are still $$ ahead. DD and I did this in December - I think we booked at $93 for a week and drove around a new Mustang!

*** Just took my own advice - put a hold on a Budget intermediate car through Costco booking - Saturday to Saturday - off airport location (6363 East Colonial Drive) - $166 all in for the week! Minor inconvenience for $200 savings!

For some reason - renting offsite (picking up at a location other than the airport) saves major $$ - like hundreds! So even with a $40 taxi ride to offsite, you are still $$ ahead. DD and I did this in December - I think we booked at $93 for a week and drove around a new Mustang!
Did you check airport rates the last few days/weeks before your trip?

My past few October trips, non-Airport rentals were much cheaper than airport...up until the time when the airport agencies finally put out their real discounts. Then this situation reverses, and airport rentals are much cheaper than non-airport.

Now this could vary based on holiday weekends, but its certainly been the case for my past few October trips.

Did you check airport rates the last few days/weeks before your trip?

My past few October trips, non-Airport rentals were much cheaper than airport...up until the time when the airport agencies finally put out their real discounts. Then this situation reverses, and airport rentals are much cheaper than non-airport.

Now this could vary based on holiday weekends, but its certainly been the case for my past few October trips.

I definitely did this in December and will keep an eye on it for October! Thanks for the reminder! (Our December trip was week before Christmas - flying out Christmas day - rates were high at the airport).

Joining in even though sounds like my situation is a bit different. We will be driving from MD on Oct 17, leaving FL Oct 21. SO with that said, I'm looking at renting a car to do the drive. It will either be 6 of us or 2 cars with 3 each...haven't decided yet. Since 3 of our passengers are in VA and one is a toddler I'm not sure my old nerves can handle a 15 hour drive that contained!
I have found cheapest around $125 thru Costco site for a Nissan Versa (I think I may get claustrophobic!). Need a good deal, it's a budget trip but if I have to wait til the next planned trip (June 2015!!) me and my girls may need to go into the Disney Rehab!!

Joining! We are taking a short trip from Oct 6-10... So far it's like $500! :eek: hope with everyone's help we get a cheap rental!

Joining, I just tried the X474200 and it's still $680!!! WOW - hope it goes down!

Was rebooking for June trip beginning of March, decided to go ahead & book for October while i was at it.

national, 8 days, using KLM code & $30 entertainment coupon, starting out with $239 for a midsize, likely will drop.

keishashadow said:
Was rebooking for June trip beginning of March, decided to go ahead & book for October while i was at it.

national, 8 days, using KLM code & $30 entertainment coupon, starting out with $239 for a midsize, likely will drop.

What is the KLM code? Thanks!

What is the KLM code? Thanks!

8572130 it includes LDW but is valid for anybody who belongs to KLM airlines reward program (free). Print out card and bring it along if 'nervous' re using it. I've booked two rentals out of MCO since last year without issue.

8572130 it includes LDW but is valid for anybody who belongs to KLM airlines reward program (free). Print out card and bring it along if 'nervous' re using it. I've booked two rentals out of MCO since last year without issue.

You can also try xz53043 as your contract code. Our disboards resident rental car employee for National posted it recently and said it was a legit code. It gave me a better rate for my October rental than the KLM did. Not alot, but I'm more comfortable with it. I also added the entertainment coupon too.

You can also try xz53043 as your contract code. Our disboards resident rental car employee for National posted it recently and said it was a legit code. It gave me a better rate for my October rental than the KLM did. Not alot, but I'm more comfortable with it. I also added the entertainment coupon too.

what is this code for? would love to use it as its showing good rates but need to make sure im qualified for it. Thank you so much.

Bumping...
Just checked Costco Travel and this morning it came up with a full size from Enterprise for $422+ as the cheapest full size. It's went down a tad.
Carrentalsavers comes up with Payless as cheapest, $335+ for a full size.
Oct 18-27th.

Bumping...
Just checked Costco Travel and this morning it came up with a full size from Enterprise for $422+ as the cheapest full size. It's went down a tad.
Carrentalsavers comes up with Payless as cheapest, $335+ for a full size.
Oct 18-27th.

Might have to look there. Sucks trying to find a rental car for 10 days.

Has anyone tried talking to customer service at their hotel? My Reservation CSR told me I could get an economy car for 8 days for 269 total. Not sure if that's good but seems like its not too bad for October so far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter