October 2020 deposit paid. Let’s plan

adamkat

2005 WDW, 2012 WDW, 2015 DL, 2020 WDW
Paid deposit today for our trip in October for our 15th anniversary

been 8 years since we’ve been so any tips you all might have is great
Magic bands is new do we get to choose Color or character? Are they water proof?
I have millions of questions but can’t wait.

yes they are water proof. For colors available for free take a look online on the order magic bands page. There are 8 colors, then you have the option to upgrade the magic bands for a fee. The bands that can be upgraded to can sometimes change a number of times a day, take a look, you have lots of time to order. As for tips, enjoy the gloriousness that is a trip a disney trip kid free, ahhhhhh.

As for tips, enjoy the gloriousness that is a trip a disney trip kid free, ahhhhhh.
Haha yeah no should have said boys are coming with us they will be 13 and 11 and don’t really remember last trip in 2012.

Deposit on room (done) Flights? Favourite restaurants you want to eat at? Then you will need to review all the new rides since you were there last. Make up rides must do, nice to do etc lists. Have a look at joining Touring Plans they have a great online planner and it's a great resource for a lot of your questions re rides and restaurants.

The boys are going to have a great time as will you. So much fun planning. Take it one step at a time and before you know it you'll be all set and ready to go.

Deposit on room (done) Flights? Favourite restaurants you want to eat at? Then you will need to review all the new rides since you were there last. Make up rides must do, nice to do etc lists. Have a look at joining Touring Plans they have a great online planner and it's a great resource for a lot of your questions re rides and restaurants.

The boys are going to have a great time as will you. So much fun planning. Take it one step at a time and before you know it you'll be all set and ready to go.
Flights we will keep watch on decide if we should fly from TO Hamilton or Buffalo

what is touring plans?

Oh anyone know how far in advance they post extra magic hours?
Or MNSSHP to book?

I’m waiting on mnsshp too we are aig/sept tho . There’s suspected dates posted on the thread. I believe last year they went on sale mid January so any time now
Touring plans has an expected crowd calendar and expected park hours . It’s truly worth the $15 or whatever it is considering the trip is thousands and a ton of planning
What resort are you staying at
I love planning
Oh anyone know how far in advance they post extra magic hours?
Or MNSSHP to book?

I'm going to POP end of April with DS (DH is staying home with the dog) it's a great resort. I can't wait to try the skyliner to get to the parks.

Oh you’ll have to share all about it hubby is very excited about the skyliner

So just signed up for touring plans and oh boy! You all hit the nail right on the head. I will be MIA researching and looking up so much. 😁. Thank you

Thank you! Been checking everything out.
for magic bands do we pick online and they ship to us or pick up at resort?

Thank you! Been checking everything out.
for magic bands do we pick online and they ship to us or pick up at resort?
The bands will be waiting at the front desk when you check in. One thing i would suggest is to NOT do online check-in if you want the "full experience" at check in -- there will be cast members waiting with iPads at the check-in lines and they are trying to push people thru in a hurry. You'll want to go to the desk to get your anniversary buttons, maps & time sheets for all the parks, talk up the CM who checks you in to get any little extra bits of Pixie Dust they might want to sprinkle on you ....

If you haven't paid for the Touring Plans subscription yet I can provide you with a link that gives a discount -- i think i paid $12 instead of the whatever .. oh phooey you already did! ANYWAYS, use their "Room Finder" tool and have them submit a room request for you -- we did and got BOTH exact rooms we requested for this trip.

At 180 days from your arrival prepare to figure out where/if you want to have a dining reservation. Go on the MDE app and start planning your reservations. By planning your reservations you "kind of" choose what particular park you are going to that day.

The bands will be waiting at the front desk when you check in. One thing i would suggest is to NOT do online check-in if you want the "full experience" at check in -- there will be cast members waiting with iPads at the check-in lines and they are trying to push people thru in a hurry. You'll want to go to the desk to get your anniversary buttons, maps & time sheets for all the parks, talk up the CM who checks you in to get any little extra bits of Pixie Dust they might want to sprinkle on you ....

If you haven't paid for the Touring Plans subscription yet I can provide you with a link that gives a discount -- i think i paid $12 instead of the whatever .. oh phooey you already did! ANYWAYS, use their "Room Finder" tool and have them submit a room request for you -- we did and got BOTH exact rooms we requested for this trip.
Donald you really are my hero! 😉
That is all amazing advice. Thank you
So glad I found this site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter