October Direct Sales

I think we are starting to see the impact of RIV being less expensive than VGF, when it was raised to $230 in September.

My guess is that many of the VGF contracts are the ones from the summer incentives for owners who spread payments out and are just closing.

Next month will be even more interesting!!

I’m sure there are folks at DVD deciding which hotel wing they can flip into a new association today…or maybe turning a parking lot near Crescent Lake into a new tower?
Perhaps Galactic Starcruiser, if they want to relaunch the Halcyon? But it would take some work if it were to be reincarnated as DVC or even a regular hotel.

The average # points per contract for VGF was 164, vs. Riviera at 184. Yes, probably a lot of people finally closing on payments for those fantastic summer incentives at VGF with many 150 pt contracts.

Semi-relatedly, Hilton mentioned that their tour flow and sales for Q3 in their timeshare pipeline was soft in Orlando specifically. Plenty of contraction to go around.

https://tugbbs.com/forums/threads/h...-investor-call-transcript.358111/post-2994038
Interesting. We also own HGVC, and we're booked for Parc Soleil in Orlando in a few weeks. They haven't contacted us to attend an owners update meeting yet, but I'm sure they will very soon. Their marketing/sales guys are very pushy to get you in the door and to sell once you're in your seat. Almost the exact opposite approach as DVC guides.

I’m sure there are folks at DVD deciding which hotel wing they can flip into a new association today…or maybe turning a parking lot near Crescent Lake into a new tower?
I think many here agree with you 💯%! “Tower at Boardwalk Villas” for a new build, I think some have said 😂. Others propose “Villas at the Yachtclub” for a hotel flip. 🤣

I find either idea quite plausible and wouldn’t be surprised.

Perhaps Galactic Starcruiser, if they want to relaunch the Halcyon? But it would take some work if it were to be reincarnated as DVC or even a regular hotel.
Man they really pigeonholed themselves with how they built that place around the 2-night immersion. No pool in or out. Only a smoking area outside? Needing a windowless “transport” to DHS because the path is through backstage / non-themed areas…

You can’t exactly just up and build a tower right there, based on how they tucked it into a corner near the park.

I will say though eventually they have to build the “Disney’s Hyperion Resort” from the Space Mountain ride queue. A space/starport-themed resort and DVC would be a neat theme to see.

The formula for a great resort seems to be a very choice location and a good price point. The one thing Disney has to be careful with is the points charts - I think that may be an even bigger risk to them than restrictions. While we all acknowledge BW is probably underpriced with the points charts, the newer resorts are quite aggressive, and I can’t imagine points charts getting too much higher unless they substantially improve the accommodations - (better beds, toiletries, larger rooms/balconies, more adequate pools, etc.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter