Odds of getting Mixology once onboard???

DisneySunPrincess

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

I know you are all so knowledgable on all things Disney Cruise. LOL. I like to think I am too, but I am usually a big time planner with everything all set way in advance. With my current sailing coming soon, and being last minute, I find myself in unfamiliar territory. Can someone tell me where I need to go upon boarding to attempt to get signed up for a Mixology class, and if it is full online (this is a 3 night sailing), what are the odds of being able to get into one, once aboard?

Thanks!

Check the Navigator (that you should receive upon check-in at the terminal), and it will tell you where to go and when. Usually, Mixology sign-ups will be starting around 1 pm in one of the bars. Hard to say if you can get into one at that point--it just depends on numbers--but, they can at least give you all of the options available. Maybe you'll see an opening in a different tasting that sounds interesting, even if Mixology is full. We have also checked back with Guest services the next day to see if anyone has cancelled--that happens sometimes, also. Good luck!

We have ALWAYS gotten all our tastings once on board. I don't think we have ever booked it prior to getting on the ship. I'd say your chances are very good!

We have ALWAYS gotten all our tastings once on board. I don't think we have ever booked it prior to getting on the ship. I'd say your chances are very good!

Thank you. That is very encouraging. Do you know where I need to go once onboard to do this? We also have the earliest port arrival time.

I've never done it on a 3-day, but on my recent 7-day Magic I booked a "Mojito and Caipirinha" tasting because the Mixology sessions listed online prior to sailing were all full. While we were at our session, the bartender tried several times to encourage people to stay for the Mixology session that was being held immediately after. He said he had something like 20 spots available.

I don't think he had many takers. I can't quite imagine doing two of those back-to-back.

I've also booked Mixology on board in the past, at Guest Services just after boarding. There has always been space.

Thank you. That is very encouraging. Do you know where I need to go once onboard to do this? We also have the earliest port arrival time.

As was said in the first response to your post, the Navigator you receive in the terminal will list when and where to go for sign ups. Go there. It's much easier than Guest Services as at the location listed in the Navigator they will have all the times listed. Guest Services you're likely to get the first one that pops up.

I do not want to be a downer, but I think this was true for everyone up until the 18 months or so. Now, some of the sessions are available to book online ahead of time. We booked a GT last fall, and were first in the line to book once on board. Mixology and tequila were both full and there were no open slots. But, there were tastings open that were only available to book once onboard. We did martini and rum, both of which were fun.

OP, as people have advised, look at the Navigator and head to the listed location. I'm sure something will be open for you, but perhaps not mixology.

I do not want to be a downer, but I think this was true for everyone up until the 18 months or so. Now, some of the sessions are available to book online ahead of time. We booked a GT last fall, and were first in the line to book once on board. Mixology and tequila were both full and there were no open slots. But, there were tastings open that were only available to book once onboard. We did martini and rum, both of which were fun.

OP, as people have advised, look at the Navigator and head to the listed location. I'm sure something will be open for you, but perhaps not mixology.

That very well could be true. I guess it depends what tastings you want. We have been on 3 Disney cruises in the last 18 months and were able to get the Mixology and Wine Tasting we wanted once on board.

Go to guest services once you board. You shouldn't have any trouble getting a spot, we did not.
I second this (we had a 4 night sailing and nothing was available online). I went to guest services the first afternoon and took care of this and also put our gift card and Disney rewards card on the room tab.

Hi all,

I know you are all so knowledgable on all things Disney Cruise. LOL. I like to think I am too, but I am usually a big time planner with everything all set way in advance. With my current sailing coming soon, and being last minute, I find myself in unfamiliar territory. Can someone tell me where I need to go upon boarding to attempt to get signed up for a Mixology class, and if it is full online (this is a 3 night sailing), what are the odds of being able to get into one, once aboard?

Thanks!
We booked a Martini tasting when our window opened on our first cruise, as it was all that was available. When we showed up, the bartender at Meridians said they can never turn away a guest and won’t say no if someone shows up or tries to sign up for a class showing as Full. YMMV, but we had already planned activities for the times the mixology classes were going on.

Yep, we were on the three-night dream and I booked Mixology online. Even though there was only one session available to book online (on CC day), I talked to some ladies at my Mixology class who said they actually did Mixology the day before too, and that you could book it onboard but it wasn't available to pre-book online. The gentleman sitting next to me also just showed up and asked the bartender if he could join, and he was allowed to join even though the class was completely full, so that is always an option (they just gave him a bill to sign at the end instead of it having been pre-charged like the rest of us). I suspect that that if there are only one or two walk-ins they will accommodate them.

We were on a 7-day in Nov and were able to get Mixology once onboard (we weren't able to get one during online booking). We were in the guest services line around 130-2p so it wasn't super early.
I'm planning on trying again for our 4-day next month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter