Of course there are free cabanas......a fabulous 10 day summer solo trip! August 19-29/23. New PTR link 02/25

suse66

When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true!
Hi friends old and new and welcome to my latest trip report! I'm Susan....mom to three young men in their early twenties, kindergarten educator, collector of Disney pins, Disney Dooney and Bourke, Disney dresses, Disney Pandora and a proud DVC owner at Boulder Ridge Villas!

IMG_3620.jpeg
This was my 7th solo trip and longest to date. I stayed at 3 resorts and enjoyed many new to me extras! Come on along and join in all the fun!

I’m in! I remember your PTR and I’m excited to hear all about your trip!

The easiest travel day ever!

Some of you may know that I typically travel out of Toronto Pearson airport and easy travel days are usually not synonymous with this airport. However, luck was on my side and everything went extremely well! My flight was at 8:00 pm on West Jet and I had a car service pick me up around 3:45. I had no wait at all at security and it took about 15 minutes to clear customs! Perfection. :)

I had pre ordered some botanical gin for my Owner's Locker at the Duty Free shop so popped in to pick it up. Then I made my way to the bar by my gate for a class of wine, some guacamole and chips.
71417451231__4315B3E0-1EAB-4B65-AD69-99FC9184B209.jpeg

I ended up making friends with a lovely woman sitting beside me and we chatted away which made the time go by so quickly. My flight was uneventful AND we landed early which was a bonus. I chose to take Mears Connect which was quick and easy....yes I still miss Magical Express though! As I had a late arrival, I chose to spend the night at All Star Movies and was very pleased with my room. It was in the Love Bug section and was spotlessly clean!
IMG_3614.JPEG
I slept SO well and was up bright and early to grab a boarding group for Tron and was successful!

IMG_3615.PNG

I was eager to head off to MK so made some coffee in the room and had a Kind almond butter breakfast bar. I had fully intended to take pictures in the Toy Story section but somehow completely forgot. I adored Herbie growning up so got pictures of him of course!

IMG_3616.JPEGIMG_3617.jpeg
I grabbed an All Stars pin at the gift shop before heading to bell services to send my luggage over to Wilderness Lodge. I had great bus luck and waited maybe 10 minutes before heading off to MK!

I started off with Jungle Cruise which was a walk on! This is why I love rope drop. I chose not to purchase Genie Plus and just take my chances on what I could get on. Next up was Pirates where I was finally successful in remembering to do a pose for the picture.

IMG_4035.JPG
By this point I was feeling a little peckish and went for a yummy second breakfast at Aloha Isle. Pineapple upside down cake with pineapple/coconut swirl Dole Whip for the win!
IMG_3622.jpeg

As I was enjoying my treat, I noticed a few people pin trading and went over to see what they had. Imagine my delight when they had several Hidden Mickey alphabet pins that I had been searching for! I tried to contain myself and not want everything she had and just chose two to trade for.

Next up I headed to my beloved Haunted Mansion which was a 20 minute wait posted but was actually a walk on.

IMG_4036.JPG
IMG_4037.JPG
The photopass photographer was not my favourite as he didn't tell me to do anything for the magic shots so I ended up just looking lame.

IASW was up next as it was only a 15 minute wait.
IMG_3623.jpeg

Trying to kill time before my boarding group, I decided to head over to Pete's Silly Sideshow to meet a few friends.

*continued in next post*

Time to meet some friends!
I'm a firm believer that you are never too old for character meets. This morning's choice was two of my favourites; Goofy and Donald!
IMG_4038.JPG
IMG_4039.JPG
These meets were so fun! Although I was annoyed that Disney has replaced a photopass photographer at this location with the dreaded photo box. I just don't feel you get the same quality of photo.

Next up was a walk by of Tron on my way to People Mover. I am very impressed with the show building and the ride structure. Unfortunately I still had quite a wait for my boarding group so this was as close as I got.

IMG_3625.jpeg
Next up was People Mover! Is there anything better? Of course I had to do the classic picture!
IMG_3626.jpeg
I followed this with my beloved Carousel of Progress which was perfect as always.

I was really trying to stick it out until my boarding group but it was almost 3:00, I was getting tired and most importantly, I had a reservation for Seats and Sweets dessert party for Happily Ever After that evening. So I gave up my boarding group and headed over to Wilderness Lodge to see if my room was ready. What will I think of the refurb at Boulder Ridge? Will my room requests be met? That's next!

Hi, Susan! I love reading your trip reports. :)

I've never been to All Stars. Your room looks very adequate for your purposes. :)

We just returned from WDW a week ago and there didn't seem to be very many Photopass photographers around. We did manage to get a few pictures, though. A good photographer can make the experience a lot of fun. The characters are fun, too. :)

Hi friends old and new and welcome to my latest trip report!
:wave:
This was my 7th solo trip and longest to date. I stayed at 3 resorts and enjoyed many new to me extras!
popcorn::
Some of you may know that I typically travel out of Toronto Pearson airport
Same. And....
and easy travel days are usually not synonymous with this airport.
....same. :sad2:
I had no wait at all at security and it took about 15 minutes to clear customs! Perfection. :)
Wow! I didn't think that was even possible!
I ended up making friends with a lovely woman sitting beside me and we chatted away which made the time go by so quickly.
Nice. :)
I slept SO well and was up bright and early to grab a boarding group for Tron and was successful!
Great! On both counts.
I started off with Jungle Cruise which was a walk on! This is why I love rope drop.
RD for the win. ::yes::
Next up was Pirates where I was finally successful in remembering to do a pose for the picture.
And then you went and fell asleep during it!
Pineapple upside down cake with pineapple/coconut swirl Dole Whip for the win!
coconut. Nope!
As I was enjoying my treat, I noticed a few people pin trading and went over to see what they had. Imagine my delight when they had several Hidden Mickey alphabet pins that I had been searching for! I tried to contain myself and not want everything she had and just chose two to trade for.
:laughing:
Next up I headed to my beloved Haunted Mansion
Best ride ever?

Best. Ride. Ever.
IMG_4036.JPG
oooohhh.... you can tell you're terrified. Completely. Totally. Yep.
I'm a firm believer that you are never too old for character meets.
:goodvibes
I was annoyed that Disney has replaced a photopass photographer at this location with the dreaded photo box. I just don't feel you get the same quality of photo.
I myself seldom do character M&Gs so am not aware that this is even a thing. Just a box that snaps whenever? Do you at least get a warning?
Next up was People Mover! Is there anything better? Of course I had to do the classic picture!
Atta girl. :thumbsup2
I gave up my boarding group and headed over to Wilderness Lodge to see if my room was ready.
Gave up your boarding group! :scared:
I understand, but sure hope you get another one later!

Great start! I love when the travel day goes well 😀
We stayed at AS Music for one night and I really liked it!
I love your pictures at MK
I did not get the pineapple upside down cake this trip and looking at yours I sure wish I had. I love that dessert!
Excited to hear about your Boulder Ridge room!

Joining in and looking forward to hearing all about your trip. You are off to a great start and look lovely in your photos regardless of the lacking in personality photographer. You’ve done some of my favourite rides already. I’m crossing my fingers you make Tron at some point.
That pineapple cake that looks so good. Yum 😋

Hi, Susan! I love reading your trip reports. :)

I've never been to All Stars. Your room looks very adequate for your purposes. :)

We just returned from WDW a week ago and there didn't seem to be very many Photopass photographers around. We did manage to get a few pictures, though. A good photographer can make the experience a lot of fun. The characters are fun, too. :)
Hi Sue! So happy to see you here! It was a perfect room for what I needed which was a bed and shower. It's small but for a quick weekend trip it would be fine.

Were you at the Yacht Club again this trip? How did you find the heat. I remember you didn't love it last summer.
Following! Looking forward to your report.
Thank you and :welcome: .
Wow! I didn't think that was even possible!
It happens just enough to keep you hopeful.
And then you went and fell asleep during it!
Right???
coconut. Nope!
You could have plain pineapple or pineapple vanilla swirl? The cake is SO good!
Best. Ride. Ever.
You're not wrong!
oooohhh.... you can tell you're terrified. Completely. Totally. Yep.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
I myself seldom do character M&Gs so am not aware that this is even a thing. Just a box that snaps whenever? Do you at least get a warning?
It's a photo box and the character attendant tells you when the light flashes. It's pretty bad.
Gave up your boarding group! :scared:
I understand, but sure hope you get another one later!
I was group 92 and they were only boarding group 58-70 when I left. I just couldn't do it. I wish they did boarding groups the way they do with Guardians where you can go any time after your boarding group is called and get to ride. The boarding group for Tron expires.
Great start! I love when the travel day goes well 😀
We stayed at AS Music for one night and I really liked it!
I love your pictures at MK
I did not get the pineapple upside down cake this trip and looking at yours I sure wish I had. I love that dessert!
Excited to hear about your Boulder Ridge room!
Me too! Nothing better than a smooth travel day. That pineapple upside down cake is a must do. :)

Thank you! I had photopass included with my UK tickets so I tried to take advantage of it.
Joining in and looking forward to hearing all about your trip. You are off to a great start and look lovely in your photos regardless of the lacking in personality photographer. You’ve done some of my favourite rides already. I’m crossing my fingers you make Tron at some point.
That pineapple cake that looks so good. Yum 😋
Hi Moira! Glad you are here! I had a really fun time at MK with more to come with the Seats and Sweets party ( spoiler alert...SO worth it!).

Were you at the Yacht Club again this trip? How did you find the heat. I remember you didn't love it last summer.
We were at POR with my sister and Dana's sister. It was really hot during our trip but hardly any rain. I wasn't planning to go to WDW in the summer but my sister-in-law picked it. We had a good time in spite of the heat. :)

It happens just enough to keep you hopeful.
Maybe to you! Me? Not so much.
You could have plain pineapple or pineapple vanilla swirl? The cake is SO good!
Actually... not a fan of pineapple upside down cake either. I'll just stick to my Dole Whip float. :)
You're not wrong!
Of course.
That's just another way of saying I'm right. ::yes::
It's a photo box and the character attendant tells you when the light flashes. It's pretty bad.
yuck...
I was group 92 and they were only boarding group 58-70 when I left. I just couldn't do it.
I get that. Don't blame you a bit.
The boarding group for Tron expires.
And... you're still going to be in line for an hour. Ridiculous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter