Of course this would happen.......

eblack0409

DIS Veteran
DH and I had planned on making a second trip back to Disney in September, but we knew we would need a killer deal to go....free dining! Every TA we spoke to said the chances of Disney bringing back the free dining (which we had last September) were slim to none.....

So.....DH and I decided to go on a cruise instead...the cruise will cost us about $830....Disney (with no codes) would cost around $1300....

I read today:
No foolin' - FREE dining is coming back at Walt Disney World! Yes, for stays starting August 13 - September 30, you can get the Magic Your Way Plus Dining package for the price of a regular Magic Your Way package! This was a hugely popular deal last Fall. ONLY Disney Rewards Visa cardholders can book this package starting April 1. The general public will be able to book it starting April 4!

Of course, once we booked our cruise, free dining would return....now we are torn.....we love Disney and 3 trips in one year would rock....but, I have been asking DH to go on a cruise for 2 years now...and he finally agreed....

Now we don't know what to do....Disney will cost us after free dining, about $150 more than the cruise...please help, we just don't know what to do....we are torn... :confused3

I would NEVER do on a cruise in September!!! Too much chance of hurricaines!!! If there is one, at least WDW is inland, and there are still lots of ways to have fun, even if the parks close and it is raining/storming. A friend of mine got a killer deal on a fall cruise, and spent three days trying to avoid Ivan!!! She said that those three days the boat rocked terribly, she was puking her guts out, and then when it cleared, they had very limited places they could port since there had been so much damage everywhere. And the places they did stop were pretty torn up!!!! I would do Disney, even if it were $500.00 more!!!! :teeth:

As crazy as this sounds.....DH and I are thinking that the free dining is a "sign" from his dad (who passed away almost 7 years ago) that we should go back to Disney, and do a cruise for our next anniversary in April.

Actually, the cruise may be better if there is a hurricane..... they have advance warning and will change course to miss the storm. You may miss a scheduled stop, but you'll still be able to play on the ship instead of being locked in your room......

Stick with the cruise. You've wanted it for a long time, DH finally agreed, and the stars are all lined up for you. WDW will be waiting for your next trip. :)

I'm with scanmom - don't do the cruise. Even though it was our honeymoon, the weather was horrible and we ended up in port with other cruise ships because they were all dodging the storm on the same routes. We were docked so close to the other ships you could see in the windows and hear the music! Many sick people on board - what a mess!

If you are that torn then you are obviously huge Disney fans. You can't pass up the free dining because who knows if it will happen again. I went last year for the free dining and it was awesome.

Well...I just called and booked Disney for Sept 24-29 with FREE DINING!!!!! I cancelled our cruise yesterday and we are all set for Disney in Sept.....All Star Movies here we come!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter